Google announces android 5.0 Loolipop, nexus 9 and nexus 6

AlexGoesHigh

Android 5.0 Loolipop

first android 5.0, coming in the next month for nexus 5, 7, 10 and GPE devices as well as the upcoming nexus 6, 9 and nexus player streaming media devices

the biggest new feature is material design, which overhauls almost all of the GUI whit new and refined animations, new color pallet, revamped multitasking and also voice controls, material design is also bringing a more familiar interface for tablet, phones, media devices, etc

also 5.0 newest features brings 5000 new APIs for developers to tap into and lets multiple devices whit various form factors works better together, improved syncing options between android devices, new notification settings and controls, improved battery saving mode, multiple user accounts guest user modes improved security over bluetooth, some of these where previously implemented by OEMs on their devices but now they natively available

this is a big step for google because it bring the biggest overhaul android has had since ICS back in 2011 and cements google intentions for android to be in as much devices we can interact whit

Nexus 6, The Phablet

Specs:
82.98 x 159.26 x 10.06 mm.
184 grams.
5.96" screen.
2560x1440 SAMOLED panel.
13MP camera with OIS.
Dual LED ring flash
4K recording
2MP front facing camera.
Dual front facing speakers
Snapdragon 805
3220mAh battery

also feature Motorola's Turbo Charge which claims six hours of battery whit just a 15 minute charge
available October 29th for preorder, and available early November will retail for 649.99USD unlocked through Google Play and various stores or on contracts whit monthly payments from all major carriers

N6-purchaseflow-1600_verge_super_wide.jp
N6-moreeverything-1600_verge_super_wide.
N6-grid2-1600_verge_super_wide.jpg
N6-camera-1600_verge_super_wide.jpg
N6-turbocharge-1600_verge_super_wide.jpg
N6-hero-1600_verge_super_wide.jpg
N6-grid3_verge_super_wide.jpg
N6-grid1-1600_verge_super_wide.jpg
N6-grid1-1600_verge_super_wide.jpg

Nexus 9, The HTC Tablet

Specs:
153.68 x 228.25 x 7.95 mm.
425 grams.
8.9" screen
2048x1536 IPS panel (4:3 aspect ratio).
8MP rear camera
1.6MP front facing camera.
Dual front facing speakers ("boom sound" speakers)
Tegra K1 (probably the dual core model at 2.5GHz although that's not official yet). It is 64bit though.
2GB of RAM
16 or 32GB of storage
premium aluminum construction

nexus 9 biggest focus beside android 5.0 is that is very focused in productivity, google is also releasing a magnetic keyboard/case accessory for it that fold to be used very easily in your lap
the nexus 9 will launch in 29 countries and will be available for pre order October 17 and release November 3rd whit a price tag of 399USD for the 16GB, 479USD for 32GB and lastly and LTE enable model whit 32GB of memory for 599USD that will release later this year, In the US, it'll be sold through Amazon, Best Buy, Gamestop, Google Play, Office Depot, Office Max, QVC/HSN, Radio Shack, Staples, and Walmart.

N9-purchaseflow-1600_verge_super_wide.jp
N9-hero-1600_verge_super_wide.jpg
N9-grid1-1600_verge_super_wide.jpg
N9-wlp-1600_verge_super_wide.jpg
N9-keyboardhigh-1600_verge_super_wide.jp
N9-grid3_verge_super_wide.jpg
N9-grid2-1600_verge_super_wide.jpg
N9-grid2-1600_verge_super_wide.jpg
[img]http://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/entry_photo_images/12863872/N9-android-bg_verge_super_wide.png]

Sources: The Verge, The Verge and again The Verge also Google

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

So the only real piece of news here is the name?

Edit: Just poking at all the leaks regarding the Nexus 6 and Nexus 9. Turns out they released videos of the products as well that are viewable in a different article.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

and the announcement of the nexii devices. and the version number. some people speculated it could also be 4.5 since no real changes apart from ui

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

yup everything else is leaked I also see nothing on any new sites about Nexus 6 pre-orders etc. Also not sure what to think about Nexus 6 6" screen seems a little to big.

I have mixed feelings about the 6, but holy cow is the nexus 9 sexy as hell.

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post

I hate The Verge so goddamn much. Here's a GSM Arena link

The Motorola Nexus 6 sports a Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 chipset with a 2.65GHz quad-core Krait 450 CPU inside and 3GB of RAM. The front of the phone houses a 5.9" QHD display as well as stereo speakers. The battery is rumored to be 3,200mAh and the main camera is 13MP with OIS and dual LED flash.

Also can't wait to hear Linus rave about the benefits of front facing speakers again.

I'm glad since this means the release of Android 5.0, but that phone is just too large for it to be appealing to me.

6"

:(

That screen is just a little bit to big, isn't it?

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

and the announcement of the nexii devices. and the version number. some people speculated it could also be 4.5 since no real changes apart from ui

There were a few new things I was looking forward to, like the iOS style pop up notifications and the power / battery efficiency tweaks.

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.

Google, why is it so expensive. One of the big selling points of the Nexus 5 was that it was so goddamn cheap

I think Google was spot on with the prices on both the N4 and N5 ... I'm afraid this N6 price is going to be disapointing.

Hoping for the best, but expecting the worst.

Specs for the Nexus 6:

82.98 x 159.26 x 10.06 mm.

184 grams.

5.96" screen.

2560x1440 SAMOLED panel.

13MP camera with OIS.

Dual LED ring flash

4K recording

2MP front facing camera.

Dual front facing speakers

Snapdragon 805

3220mAh battery

Specs for the Nexus 9:

153.68 x 228.25 x 7.95 mm.

425 grams.

8.9" screen

2048x1536 IPS panel (4:3 aspect ratio).

8MP rear camera

1.6MP front facing camera.

Dual front facing speakers ("boom sound" speakers)

Tegra K1 (probably the dual core model at 2.5GHz although that's not official yet). It is 64bit though.

2GB of RAM

16 or 32GB of storage

Source: Google.com

I am so fucking pissed and disappointed about the Nexus 9. What the fuck were you thinking Google?

I can't believe nobody in the entire fucking industry knows how to make a decent fucking tablet these days.

Google, why is it so expensive. One of the big selling points of the Nexus 5 was that it was so goddamn cheap

My guess is they will continue to sell the Nexus 5, so I take it as Google wants to become part of the high end mobile market.

My guess is they will continue to sell the Nexus 5, so I take it as Google wants to become part of the high end mobile market.

They would of said that during the announcement Nexus 5 will most likely be taken down as well as the Nexus 10.

EDIT: it looks like the 5 is staying http://www.google.com/nexus/5/

So I've been updating the main post but I'd like to point out that the phone will retail at $649 off contract. Putting it in competition with the Galaxy and iPhone flagship pricing.

They would of said that during the announcement Nexus 5 will most likely be taken down as well as the Nexus 10.

EDIT: it looks like the 5 is staying http://www.google.com/nexus/5/

Interesting enough the picture shows it running Android L. I wonder if Google halted production of the original Nexus 5 to have it remade with Android L. This gives them a mid range budget phone (Nexus 5) and a flagship (Nexus 6).

if it was more like the og Moto X it would be mine, but i don't want a bigger phone that my nexus 4, i just want a better one

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R