Google announces android 5.0 Loolipop, nexus 9 and nexus 6

AlexGoesHigh

as a TLDR you want to light fire on HTC's HQ

No but I really want to hear an explanation for this idiotic decision and maybe see the one responsible in great pain. That would make me a bit happier.

You people do realize that the older nexus devices were not always "cheap" when they first launched?

Nexus One- $530

Nexus S- $530

Galaxy Nexus- $700

the nexus 9 will launch in 29 countries and will be available for pre order October 17 and release November 3rd whit a price tag of 399USD for the 16GB, 379USD for 32GB

?????

"Rawr XD"

I really had my hopes up for the Nexus 6 being around 400-500 and I definitely would have gotten one if it was around that price... but not SIX HUNNET FIDDY

Google what are you doing.... at that price I'd rather just get the 2nd gen Moto X...

"Rawr XD"

?????

oh lol, never noticed and now you bring it up, ill fix it now

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Google... Why oh why would you make the screen 6 inches? 5.5 was pretty big already, even with a small bezel.

CPU: 5820k 4.5Ghz 1.28v, RAM: 16GB Crucial 2400mhz, Motherboard: Evga X99 Micro, Graphics Card: GTX 780, Water Cooling: EK Acetal CPU/GPU blocks,

240mm Magicool slim rad, 280mm Alphacool rad, D5 Vario pump, 1/4 ID 3/4 OD tubing, Noctua Redux 140/120mm fans. PSU: Evga 750w G2 SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB & Seagate SSHD 2TB Audio: Sennheiser HD558s, JBL! speakers, Fiio E10k DAC/Amp Monitor: Xstar DP2710LED @ 96hz (Korean Monitor) Case: Fractal Node 804

The phone looks EXACTLY the same as the moto x gen 2. Looks quite ugly with the placement of the flashes imho.

Wanna hang out with me and people like @Theslsamg, @ Ssoele, @BENTHEREN, @Lanoi, @Whiskers, @_ASSASSIN_, @Looney, @WunderWuffle, and @nsyedhasan. Well.... Check out: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/48484-unofficial-linustechtips-teamschnitzel-server-teamspeak/

Nexus 6 on Verizon!? 

My new rig build log:http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/80801-m-itx-pc/?p=1158887 Now finished with  970!                          Can anybody give me a freelancer?                  I need to transport more HYPBP.               Butt Imperium games                     RAINBOW .                   840 EVO still awesome                    The evil that is verizon has been vanquished!      ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܝܬ ܐܦܪܝܡ

The Nexus program was never about that. It was about what Google wanted phone makers to base their phone off of and what they thought was the best way for consumers to enjoy android OS in their vision.  :mellow:

No Nexus was originally a dev platform.

No Nexus was originally a dev platform.

Not necessarily. It was a phone that Google recommended as the ideal phones for development. Any phone can be used for development, or even no phone due to Android Virtual devices; the main reason Nexus devices are recommended is that they were purchasable without a contract and unlocked, something which you couldn't get with a carrier (even paying full price to a carrier didn't guarantee an unlocked phone).

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Phone is decent, crap specs on the tablet.

Also, what's with the giant Nexus branding? Who the fuck thought that was a good idea? I don't want that crap on my devices.

Looks like im going with a Note 4 then...

I don't see why you wouldn't check out the Nexus 6 if you were gunning for a Note 4 this fall, it's considerably cheaper off contract than a note, has identical specs, and runs stock Android.  And looking at the dimensions, it's not going to be that much bigger.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

Wtf happened tot he Nexus 7 webpage?

Also, going to this link through a google search doesn't bring up the Nexus 7 page

www.google.com/nexus/7/

Are they discontinuing it?

The price of the phone aside, Android 5.0 sounds interesting. The tap and go feature is pretty awesome. Hopefully it will be supported across different manufacturers.

Main rig: i7 3770K @ 4.54, Sapphire R9 290, Sabertooth Z77, 16 GB Mushkin Redline 2133, Lian Li PC-P50R, Seasonic 860xp Platinum, Kingston Hyper X 3K 240GB

freeNAS server: AMD Athlon II 170u 20W, 5 x 3TB WD Red in raid-z1 (12 TB)

media centre: AMD A10-5700, crucial M4 (boot), running XBMC,4 x 3TB WD Red, 3 x 3TB WD green + 2TB green in FlexRAID (17 TB)

gimme everything pls

*fingers crossed for a decent camera though*

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

Also, going to this link through a google search doesn't bring up the Nexus 7 page

www.google.com/nexus/7/

Why continue it when their flagship 'phone' is pretty much the size of it.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

Why continue it when their flagship 'phone' is pretty much the size of it.

Stupid ignorant comment is stupid...

The Nexus 7 is $200 which makes it the only good 7" tablet near that price, the Kindles suck ass because of KindleDroid and the The other 7" tablets either sucks or are too expensive. The Nexus 7 is the king of the 7" tablets for a reason, a $649.99 device that's an inch smaller is Not a replacement. Getting rid of the Nexus 7 is a stupid idea, as it doesn't have a replacement.

www.google.com/nexus/7/

Yes the Nexus 6 and 9 will replace the Nexus 7 and 10.

Google have gone full fucking retard. It would have been better if they just left the Nexus line alone.

I will happily insert my foot in my mouth if I'm wrong but I think the quoted price in the news articles is buying the phone off contract from carriers, not the Play Store.

So is your foot in your mouth yet or...

does anybody know if the nexus 6 has wireless charging or not

at this price, i want a phone that is perfect... the N6 isnt... guess my next phone, however much i dont want to use apple will have to be the iPhone6... its just the best phone out there for me right now. perfect size, price is okayish, performance is ok... screw you google i really wanted a nexus :(

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

at this price, i want a phone that is perfect... the N6 isnt... guess my next phone, however much i dont want to use apple will have to be the iPhone6... its just the best phone out there for me right now. perfect size, price is okayish, performance is ok... screw you google i really wanted a nexus :(

what about the the moto x, it almost the same minus the size and battery

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here