Google announces android 5.0 Loolipop, nexus 9 and nexus 6

AlexGoesHigh

I think the Nexus 9 looks pretty awesome, to be honest. I wouldn't even consider a tablet that wasn't 4:3/3:2... the 16:9 ones look dumb to me. Then again, I don't watch a lot of video on my phone and can't imagine I would on a tablet either.

I intend to make it my first tablet, just as soon as I can get the LTE model on contract.

But... 3:2 is better than 4:3 at pretty much every single thing.

Saying that 4:3 is good is like saying the three wheeled car was a good idea. Google should be burned at the stake for this horrible decision. It's worse for movie watching, web browsing, gaming, reading ebooks/magazines and most apps.

My mind is blown that Google actually made a 4:3 tablet.

But... 3:2 is better than 4:3 at pretty much every single thing.

Saying that 4:3 is good is like saying the three wheeled car was a good idea. Google should be burned at the stake for this horrible decision. It's worse for movie watching, web browsing, gaming, reading ebooks/magazines and most apps.

My mind is blown that Google actually made a 4:3 tablet.

I disagree. I have used the iPad and I quite like it. Though, it's not something you can really make an objective assessment of, it depends entirely upon each person and their priorities.

You don't like 4:3 tablets, and that is fine. I do like 4:3 tablets. That is also fine. Clearly, somebody at Google and/or HTC likes 4:3 tablets, and that's just fine as well.

I disagree. I have used the iPad and I quite like it. Though, it's not something you can really make an objective assessment of, it depends entirely upon each person and their priorities.

You don't like 4:3 tablets, and that is fine. I do like 4:3 tablets. That is also fine. Clearly, somebody at Google and/or HTC likes 4:3 tablets, and that's just fine as well.

Well I can make an objective assessment of it. I can look at what people use their tablets for, calculate how efficiently different aspect ratios scale to those things and then determine which is best. For pretty much everything people use tablets for, 3:2 is better.

The three wheeled car might have had one or two benefits over the four wheeled one, but the four wheeled one is still better for most people.

For books, movies, web browsing and gaming, 3:2 is better.

Well I can make an objective assessment of it. I can look at what people use their tablets for, calculate how efficiently different aspect ratios scale to those things and then determine which is best. For pretty much everything people use tablets for, 3:2 is better.

The three wheeled car might have had one or two benefits over the four wheeled one, but the four wheeled one is still better for most people.

For books, movies, web browsing and gaming, 3:2 is better.

That's okay. But there's some things that numbers and mathematics just can't model, that's where objective assessments of this nature fail. This is very much a subjective matter. In fact, I agree that 3:2 is preferable... but I am still personally happy with 4:3 and I feel that 4:3 is superior to 16:9 or 16:10.

but I am still personally happy with 4:3 and I feel that 4:3 is superior to 16:9 or 16:10.

Let's agree to disagree.