Google announces android 5.0 Loolipop, nexus 9 and nexus 6

AlexGoesHigh

5.96 It's too Big Google

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

maybe if i buy Nexus Phone It will be Nexus 5

i don't really like big phone

5.5 is max size for me

Current Build + Setup

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | GIGABYTE B550 Aorus Pro v2 | CORSAIR Dominator Platinum 16gb 3600Mhz | GIGABYTE RTX 3070 AORUS MASTER OC 8 GB | NZXT H510 Elite | 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM | ADATA XPG GAMMIX S7 512GB M.2-2280 NVME | Corsair RM850 80+ Gold Modular PSU | NZXT Kraken X63 | Harman Kardon Soundstick 4 | Koorui 27E1Q

what about the the moto x, it almost the same minus the size and battery

interesting. hows the battery life? also, apparently, i cant get any motorola on my carrier

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

interesting. hows the battery life? also, apparently, i cant get any motorola on my carrier

dunno about battery usage irl but its 2300mah, though motorola optimize well the software, when i had my moto g, it had 2100mah and whit mild usage get through a day easy, whit heavy use, like web browsing all the time passes the 8 hour mark, also whit 5.0 it should be even better now

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

dunno about battery usage irl but its 2300mah, though motorola optimize well the software, when i had my moto g, it had 2100mah and whit mild usage get through a day easy, whit heavy use, like web browsing all the time passes the 8 hour mark, also whit 5.0 it should be even better now

ill see. i dont plan on changing for a while anyway. just need to change roms to something lighter on my 4XHD so it stops crapping on me whenever i try to do anything

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

ill see. i dont plan on changing for a while anyway. just need to change roms to something lighter on my 4XHD so it stops crapping on me whenever i try to do anything

if that's the case, you could wait to see what new shit gets announced during the march-may period when a lot of OEM's refresh their flagships

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

if that's the case, you could wait to see what new shit gets announced during the march-may period when a lot of OEM's refresh their flagships

yeah well i was planning on getting the nexus phone. because i want that stock android experience (thats why i CM everything, for no stupid launcher) but now i guess it will be either HTC One (M9 i reckon) or the iPhone, since for some reason, i cant get motorola here. fuck off carriers

yeah well i was planning on getting the nexus phone. because i want that stock android experience (thats why i CM everything, for no stupid launcher) but now i guess it will be either HTC One (M9 i reckon) or the iPhone, since for some reason, i cant get motorola here. fuck off carriers

cannot agree more whit the android skins, i'm using a barely usable s3, and touchwiz isn't helping at all, tried to put cm on it one day but my pc was being a cunt and didn't want to recognize the thing when it was in download mode, i might try again, on the weekend

cannot agree more whit the android skins, i'm using a barely usable s3, and touchwiz isn't helping at all, tried to put cm on it one day but my pc was being a cunt and didn't want to recognize the thing when it was in download mode, i might try again, on the weekend

yeah i always struggle with samsung when flashing. LG is easier to me... i really need to go surf the XDA for a nice fast rom,,,

So is your foot in your mouth yet or...

Can confirm. It tastes... Salty.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

Can confirm. It tastes... Salty.

like something else in your body then ;)

Regression in resolution and PPI.

Awful aspect ratio.

Smaller screen.

Still stuck with the awful 16GB of memory and no microSD.

Still 2GB of RAM.

No USB 3.0

I tried to keep my expectations low but this is actually worse than I had imagined.

This is the perfect aspect ratio for a tablet. 4:3 is the best way to view the web or read books in portrait mode. You get black bars in videos but, unless that's all you use tablets for, 4:3 is better. I hate 16:10 tablets and it was one of my largest complaints with the Nexus 10 (Aside from it being utter shit in every other area as well). 

This is the perfect aspect ratio for a tablet. 4:3 is the best way to view the web or read books in portrait mode. You get black bars in videos but, unless that's all you use tablets for, 4:3 is better. I hate 16:10 tablets and it was one of my largest complaints with the Nexus 10 (Aside from it being utter shit in every other area as well). 

Well that's just wrong.

Books are usually close to 3:2, not 4:3. So for reading books on it is worse. The same goes for comics.

Videos are 16:9 so for watching that it is worse.

Most websites are thin and tall, not square so for browsing the web it is worse.

Most games are designed for wide screens as well so for that it is worse.

I am dead fucking serious when I say that the only two things I can think of where 4:3 is better is for watching photos and old movies. For every other task it is far worse.

It is by far the biggest reason why I absolutely loathe using the iPad as well. The aspect ratio don't match anything it's used for. It's pantsu-on-head retarded.

(I am comparing 4:3 vs 3:2 and 16:10)

Im going for the Nexus 9. Damn it looks awesome. It's going to be my first tablet.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

Yes the Nexus 6 and 9 will replace the Nexus 7 and 10.

Google have gone full fucking retard. It would have been better if they just left the Nexus line alone.

Darn it, wasn't the Nexus line up of phones suppose to be cheap, gimmick free devices for devs and people who are not willing to blow $600 on a device?

Granted I will probably pick up the Nexus 6 due to it looking like a killer phone, but I have no interest in the 9 because Office 365 sucks on Android and is only good on the iPad/Surface. (Funny considering Office on OSX is terrible)

Well, Time to get a note 4 when I somehow gather the money.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

Next year will be 7" phablets and 6" tablets (mini versions :D).

Can anybody tell me why phone has quad cpu and tablet has dual ?!

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Darn it, wasn't the Nexus line up of phones suppose to be cheap, gimmick free devices for devs and people who are not willing to blow $600 on a device?

Granted I will probably pick up the Nexus 6 due to it looking like a killer phone, but I have no interest in the 9 because Office 365 sucks on Android and is only good on the iPad/Surface. (Funny considering Office on OSX is terrible)

Only the Nexus 4 and 5 were cheap phones with high end specs. The phones before had price tags comparable to high end devices.

It's a shame they took a step backwards and decided to sell it for such a premium price again. I am pretty sure they could sell it for ~400 dollars or maybe even less and still make a small profit.

Well really everyone should be waiting for <20nm cell phones procs,  probably gonna be a big boost to everything when they roll out

Next year will be 7" phablets and 6" tablets (mini versions  :D).

Can anybody tell me why phone has quad cpu and tablet has dual ?!

Tablet is Nvidia's "Next Gen" Tegra K1 CPU, supposedly will blow the doors off everything else.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Well really everyone should be waiting for <20nm cell phones procs,  probably gonna be a big boost to everything when they roll out

Tablet is Nvidia's "Next Gen" Tegra K1 CPU, supposedly will blow the doors off everything else.

Samsung and Apple are already on 20nm.

We have some benchmarks of the Denver CPU already. It wins on a core per core basis against the Exynos 5433 but loses in multi core situations.

and the announcement of the nexii devices. and the version number. some people speculated it could also be 4.5 since no real changes apart from ui

Nexii

It's like calling multiples furnaces ferni

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Stupid ignorant comment is stupid...

The Nexus 7 is $200 which makes it the only good 7" tablet near that price, the Kindles suck ass because of KindleDroid and the The other 7" tablets either sucks or are too expensive. The Nexus 7 is the king of the 7" tablets for a reason, a $649.99 device that's an inch smaller is Not a replacement. Getting rid of the Nexus 7 is a stupid idea, as it doesn't have a replacement.

:P, as stupid as the comment is, it's apparently what's happening.  It's not like I endorse them getting rid of the Nexus 7 (although the Nexus 7 2013 really turned me off for some reason).  

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

Samsung and Apple are already on 20nm.

We have some benchmarks of the Denver CPU already. It wins on a core per core basis against the Exynos 5433 but loses in multi core situations.

Apple is, is Samsung? In what phone?

I'm taking about when we start seeing a couple actual phones with them

Also I was being sarcastic about the Nvidia part

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Only the Nexus 4 and 5 were cheap phones with high end specs. The phones before had price tags comparable to high end devices.

It's a shame they took a step backwards and decided to sell it for such a premium price again. I am pretty sure they could sell it for ~400 dollars or maybe even less and still make a small profit.

Yeah, but they didn't need to skin the Nexus 7, all the other 7" $200 tablets suck, and I'm never recommending someone a kindle-droid.

Apple is, is Samsung? In what phone?

I'm taking about when we start seeing a couple actual phones with them

Also I was being sarcastic about the Nvidia part

The iPhone 6, 6+, iPad Air 2 and the Note 4 (Exynos model) all use SoCs built on 20nm transistors.

Qualcomm is still stuck on 28nm though and I am not sure we will see them move from that until the Snapdragon 810 which is still quite far away.

Yeah, but they didn't need to skin the Nexus 7, all the other 7" $200 tablets suck, and I'm never recommending someone a kindle-droid.

I totally agree. Killing the Nexus 7 is an idiotic idea. Google ruined the Nexus line with this release if you ask me.