Dell's George Reese compares GamerGate supporters to ISIS...

Legion

Original title was Dell's George Reese compares Gamers to ISIS

Fixed to reduce complaints of sensationalism.

Well this isn't news which is why I'm throwing it in the dumbster that is off topic

wxQNrqw.png

I mean in what business model is it successful to compare potential customers to a terrorist group.

What the hell? Sure they might have a stance you disagree with, but to make such a disgusting comparison is unacceptable.

At the end of the day this whole movement started as a way to clear up games journalism which in its current state is just abysmal. You can disagree with whatever is associated with it but please this is too far.

In short Da fuq

https://twitter.com/GeorgeReese

I'd also like to thank our moderators for allowing Gamer Gate discussions. Why you don't actively try silence debate it doesn't become a huge issue.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Well he can take his opinion and shove it where the sun doesnt shine

CPU: i7 8700k Motherboard: MSI Z370 Krait Gaming RAM: 4x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro (2 white, 2 black) GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Armor Case: Corsair Crystal 570x White HDD: 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm Sata 3 SSD: 240GB Corsair Force 3 + 500GB Samsung 970 Evo Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series™ H150i PSU: Corsair RM750i OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Mouse: Logitech G600 Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown Monitor: Samsung S24C570L 1080p 23.6" + AOC AGON 240Hz 1080p Sound: HyperX Cloud Headset Black/Red + Logitech Z213 Speakers 2.1

Well this isn't news which is why I'm throwing it in the dumbster that is off topic

I mean in what business model is it successful to compare potential customers to a terrorist group.

What the hell? Sure they might have a stance you disagree with, but to make such a disgusting comparison is unacceptable.

In short Da fuq

So since Dell owns Alienware... would that make Dell the terrorist's weapon dealer?

*Snaps Dell inspiron 7737 in half* 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

So since Dell owns Alienware... would that make Dell the terrorist's weapon dealer?

Hot damn son thats some meta thinking right there.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

This guy will most likely get in trouble for this action, but he doesn't have much of a good defense to this statement and will probably apologize or take down the tweet.

Opinion the is medium between knowledge and ignorance, and this clearly demonstrates ignorance

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

While taking it to the level of ISIS is a bit extreme, he's not far off.

Cheers,

Linus

This guy just doesn't even. But the topic title is a bit sensational though.

im waiting for Dell to go into full blown PR mode

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

This guy just doesn't even. But the topic title is a bit sensational though.

Fixed it for you.

When you consider the attacks made on intel for pulling advertising from a website doesn't look like the other side is all sunshine and rainbows. Both sides of this movement have lost a lot of moral standing but you can't compare a person who opposes corruption in game journalism to a group responsible for beheading innocent men.

Total Biscuits given his opinion too I don't like the guy but he is pretty much on the money with this one.

IIqW4qb.png

R9 7950x | RTX4090

This is still a thing? People are still making a fuzz over shitty websites and their horrible reviewers? Seriously? 

From the perspective of someone who hasn't been following it, it's long been "old" but, what you may not understand is how continually entertaining this entire situation is. The lengths these "journalists" go to in an attempt to deflect criticism continues to astound and amaze, from really silly articles like this one (it's an archive link, this won't give them traffic) directly begging viewers to stop supporting their opposition to tons of stuff like whats in the OP, and more evidence of collusion that doesnt stop piling up like the secret mailing list. And of course the surrounding outpouring of images, videos, music and generally hilarious content doesn't hurt. Why play video games when you can have just as much fun here, is the mindset that's probably managing to keep it going.

Yes, clearly the movement demanding journalistic integrity is "not far off from ISIS". Would you like to be added to the OP for making stupid statements?

Say something stupid, have existence acknowledged. :mellow:

If you really dig and dig and take a few hours to polish the turd you dug up, I think the "point" you find is that basing a movement on a hashtag anyone is free to use and attach with their own stupid sentiments can only go so far. Instead of continuing to drive the movement forward, people turn around to fight off gremlins like this guy. "Some egg said something nasty with your hashtag, so I'll make inflammatory generalizations intending to derail your movement!" So golfclap for George Reese, he succeeded to some degree.

Finding how deep the rabbit hole goes is kind of interesting, but there's very little I can personally do now. I've ceased visiting anything Vox Media or Gawker Media, but what next? Emailing advertisers? I think advertising is a terrible business in general, where they conduct that terrible business is of even less concern. Oh right! I can play video games instead of watching twitter update to catch the next small fish in the lake of scum.

Don't even know what #GamerGate is.

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

Don't even know what #GamerGate is.

Someone made a gamergate in 60 seconds video so here you go i guess

I'll let TotalBiscuit do the talking... He has a similar view as myself...

I completely agree, no one should criticism games websites, their integrity speaks for itself.

Just look at this amazing work:

http://kotaku.com/some-players-really-want-to-get-ghost-sims-pregnant-1644968369

Not touching a raw Kotaku link to give them undeserved views from a forum I respect. They're part of the problem in disrespecting gamers. Use an archive for sharing their stuff.

Only Dell product I have is my monitor and I'm thinking of going AOC when it's replacing time. An executive of a company the size and scale of Dell to be this shameless, to even dare to compare gamers supporting a hashtag on social media to the same group that beheads citizens is disgusting. So far, Dell has yet to get back to me or anyone else who complained. Not even so much as an apology. While Reese states his words are his own, he's still a high ranking member of Dell and his actions DO reflect on Dell's integrity for employing someone that has the nerve to compare #GamerGate to ISIS. As mentioned already, I guess Alienware totally went over his head since that's Dell's own dedicated gaming division and I'm sure any GG supporter with a Dell/Alienware product is no longer going to give Dell their business. I know I won't.

Not touching a raw Kotaku link to give them undeserved views from a forum I respect. They're part of the problem in disrespecting gamers. Use an archive for sharing their stuff.

oh, how thoughtless of me. It's an article about console commands to get ghosts pregnant in the sims or something like that.