Windows 10 Insider Topic

Gachr

Would like to simply ask here if Windows 10 has its own USB 3.1 driver stack. I have a motherboard that has USB 3.1 ports but those require third-party drivers to work at their full speed currently.

Would like to simply ask here if Windows 10 has its own USB 3.1 driver stack. I have a motherboard that has USB 3.1 ports but those require third-party drivers to work at their full speed currently.

Contact the party that makes the drivers and ask.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

its kinda confirmed it has, ms said win10 will have native support for type c, that means it should have 3.1 drivers since type c supports that spec, but that's as much info that its available publicly 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

For you guys, does the Build 10166 makes Firefox crash at startup?

For you guys, does the Build 10166 makes Firefox crash at startup?

Firefox starts up fine for me.

version 39.0 is the version i have installed.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

Anyone else having their AMD drivers carsh with some games? I'm really into bf4 and dirty bomb at the moment but i can't play them because my drivers keep crashing. They don't crash instantly, but 15-30 minutes into the game they decide to crash. I have reinstalled the 15.7 drivers twice now and that didn't do anything. Might this be related to me upgrading to W10 instead of doing a clean install?

Anyone else having their AMD drivers carsh with some games? I'm really into bf4 and dirty bomb at the moment but i can't play them because my drivers keep crashing. They don't crash instantly, but 15-30 minutes into the game they decide to crash. I have reinstalled the 15.7 drivers twice now and that didn't do anything do anything. Might this be related to me upgrading to W10 instead of doing a clean install?

That's very possible upgrades are unpredictable...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

Anyone on 10166 have an issue with the start menu not staying open for more than around 5 seconds? 

Also i have tried GTAV today on windows 10 and it was a stutter filled mess, even with drivers 15.7 from AMD.

Start menu stays open on my side, on my Surface Pro 2.

Build 10166 is installing on my desktop as we speak. Will report back soon.

Does anyone have issues with video games not running correctly, like Vindictus?  Any known fixes?  (build 10166)

Anyone on 10166 have an issue with the start menu not staying open for more than around 5 seconds? 

Also i have tried GTAV today on windows 10 and it was a stutter filled mess, even with drivers 15.7 from AMD.

Perfectly fine on my side on my desktop: Nvidia GPU (GTX 680).

Perfectly fine on my side on my desktop: Nvidia GPU (GTX 680).

Could be an AMD thing then, GTA is a bit jittery on windows 8.1 for me atm too, I know the latest patch messed it up a bit, so ill wait for a fix....

I may do a clean install of the next build rather than upgrading through windows update next time, lets up the next one is the RTM..

I have Build 10130 and if I want to update the latest Build I need to download the  ISO from Microsoft's website or do I need to wait for a update?

I have Build 10130 and if I want to update the latest Build I need to download the ISO from Microsoft's website or do I need to wait for a update?

You may need to manually trigger the update the ISO if it doesn't pick up the newer build automatically in windows update

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

I have Build 10130 and if I want to update the latest Build I need to download the  ISO from Microsoft's website or do I need to wait for a update?

You should update right now if you want to get 10166. Because Microsoft is gonna disable the update since today until further news (they will also take down the 10162 ISO).

Good thing I archive ISOs...

On that any links to good unofficial 166 ISOs?

Awww yisssss! Its 10240 boys! blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/07/15/build-10240-now-available-for-windows-insiders-in-fast-and-slow-rings/

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Just downloaded and upgraded my work computer to it- it's very very nice. I love the multiple desktop feature. Microsoft Edge doesn't support favorites from Firefox which is a bummer. Apart from that, it's very clean and has a dark theme. I might start using it as soon as addons appear and I can get adblock.

Pro Tip:

To make a new virtual desktop and go to it, click Ctrl+Win+D

To cycle between virtual desktops hold Ctrl+Win+Left or Right arrow

To close down the current desktop hold Ctrl+Win+F4 (awkward, you need to use two hands to do it quickly. It would be better as Ctrl+Win+C or something)

See my blog for amusing encounters from IT workplace: http://linustechtips.com/main/blog/585-life-of-a-techie/

Already generated the iso...

An important heads-up for those on Asus motherboards, or at least the Z97-Deluxe/USB 3.1: DON'T DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL THEIR WINDOWS 10 DRIVER UPDATES FROM THEIR WEB SITE!

I had troubles with LogonUI.exe and Explorer crashing all over the place or outright refusing to work properly, and had to restore twice to my Windows 8.1 system image and reinstall before I realised that the drivers I downloaded from Asus's web site might be to blame. Restored and reinstalled Windows 10 again and avoided updating any of my motherboard drivers, and now LogonUI.exe and Explorer have been running fine for me, and with no other issues so far as well.

This might apply for other motherboard manufacturers as well. In short, if your Windows 8.1 drivers are running fine on Windows 10, don't update them.