Windows 10 Insider Topic

Gachr

This morning Windows updated and I lost my open private browsing session.

Microsoft has been all in with the Faster ring lately. Build 10162 was just announced, although i don't know if they've pushed it out yet. I've checked for updates several times and no dice It's up!

Source: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/07/02/welcome-to-the-faster-fast-ring/

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

It shows up for me, both on tablet and desktop. Downloading stuck at 0% for a longer time than usual, though.

@Kherm

its pushed out im almost done installing

Yeah, just before i looked at my notifications i ran Windows Update and it popped up  :P

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

Argh.. still nothing here...

I had the same problem, I just downloaded 10159 iso and updated like that.

Where did you get that from? Can you give me a link?

Here you go.

Build 10162 is now out. Looks like they are gearing up for a gold master sometime next week.

Build 10162 is now out. Looks like they are gearing up for a gold master sometime next week.

My vms running it it definitely has that feel that's for sure. Then again they have been shockingly stable betas to begin with

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

Build 10130, set to fast ring, somehow won't detect build 10159. But it is updating to build 10162. yay!

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Can someone please explain me who gets windows 10. I have my main pc with legit windows 8.1 and i have also reserved a copy. When will i get the upgrade? My secondary pc has windows 10 technical preview build 10158 running. When will it get the update?After the update of my secondary pc to the final build, will i be able to opt out of the insider program since i don't wanna be testing windows 10 builds with bugs.

CPU:Intel Core i3 3210 Mobo:MSI B75MA-E33  GPU:Intel 2500 HD Graphics  SSD:Adata SP600 128gb  HDD:Seagate 1tb 7200rpm  

PSU:Corsair CX430   Case:Antec ASK4000bU3  Monitor:Dell S2240l 21.5 inch 1080p

Can someone please explain me who gets windows 10. I have my main pc with legit windows 8.1 and i have also reserved a copy. When will i get the upgrade? My secondary pc has windows 10 technical preview build 10158 running. When will it get the update?After the update of my secondary pc to the final build, will i be able to opt out of the insider program since i don't wanna be testing windows 10 builds with bugs.

You will get the upgrade on your 8.1 PC some time during the day of July 29th, or maybe the 30th since it is rolling out in waves so the servers don't get overloaded by everyone downloading at once.

The secondary PC on Insider Preview will get it most likely prior to the 29th but it will still be in the confines of the Insider program meaning you'd continue to get new builds after the final build. Now, if you're secondary PC had Windows 7 or 8 installed you will be able to stay on the final build and opt out of the Insider program but if not you'd have to buy an OEM/Retail version of Windows 10 to stay on the final build.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

You will get the upgrade on your 8.1 PC some time during the day of July 29th, or maybe the 30th since it is rolling out in waves so the servers don't get overloaded by everyone downloading at once.

The secondary PC on Insider Preview will get it most likely prior to the 29th but it will still be in the confines of the Insider program meaning you'd continue to get new builds after the final build. Now, if you're secondary PC had Windows 7 or 8 installed you will be able to stay on the final build and opt out of the Insider program but if not you'd have to buy an OEM/Retail version of Windows 10 to stay on the final build.

Thanks dude!!! I have a windows 8.1 key. If i install windows 8.1 on my secondary pc, it will get the upgrade right?

CPU:Intel Core i3 3210 Mobo:MSI B75MA-E33  GPU:Intel 2500 HD Graphics  SSD:Adata SP600 128gb  HDD:Seagate 1tb 7200rpm  

PSU:Corsair CX430   Case:Antec ASK4000bU3  Monitor:Dell S2240l 21.5 inch 1080p

On latest build 10162. Can't find auto brightness, want to turn that thing off. It was there on build 10130. Now my screen is constantly going bright and dark.

Microsoft Edge still has problems with LTT, can't seem to quote post or will not let me type. IE doesn't have this problem.

IE seems to be missing with build 10162. It's under start>All Apps>Windows Accessories

They still haven't bother to change that ridiculous recycle bin icon.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

On latest build 10162. Can't find auto brightness, want to turn that thing off. It was there on build 10130. Now my screen is constantly going bright and dark.

Microsoft Edge still has problems with LTT, can't seem to quote post or will not let me type. IE doesn't have this problem.

IE seems to be missing with build 10162. It's under start>All Apps>Windows Accessories

They still haven't bother to change that ridiculous recycle bin icon.

People will be less likely to use something they can't find easily...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

One question

Im dual booting 7/10beta

if iupgrade to 7 to 10 home i will have one windows 10 home key

and one windows 10 pro insider key correct?

So i would be able to use the home key else where since i already upgraded it and "linked" it to 10.?

One question

Im dual booting 7/10beta

if iupgrade to 7 to 10 home i will have one windows 10 home key

and one windows 10 pro insider key correct?

So i would be able to use the home key else where since i already upgraded it and "linked" it to 10.?

Your Windows 7 will be Windows 10 official release

Your Windows 10 will remain an Insider Preview, and you'll continue to get new builds to the path to Windows 10.1

So, if you don't mind staying an Insider preview tester of Windows 10, and your Windows 7 is not OEM, you can do what you want to do.

Your Windows 7 will be Windows 10 official release

Your Windows 10 will remain an Insider Preview, and you'll continue to get new builds to the path to Windows 10.1

So, if you don't mind staying an Insider preview tester of Windows 10, and your Windows 7 is not OEM, you can do what you want to do.

sadly it is oem.

Since 10 has all this driver support can i just copy the partition onto another drive and plop in new system? (worked in xp)

I wanna keep testing windows 10 on my main rig (nerdy) but i have a 

"legal" copy running on another the pc that i want to actully make legal.

Im just hoping you can link keys to ms account

and activate that way on another pc.

That would be nice.