Windows 10 Insider Topic

Gachr

In my PC at lockscreen with Threshold 1. To enter into the screen to enter picture password i need to press Esc button.. Mouse cant bring it up..did anyone noticed? It was working on previous builds..

Has anyone figured out how to get MultiAdapter (ie. the thing that lets you use iGPU with dGPU and stacked vRAM) working yet?

I have been on the latest version the last few days, i managed to do a clean install and activate through command line.

Just a few random things to report, Games first

GTA V is broken for me with the latest drivers, a lot of work to be done there, i also tried fifa 15 tonight, runs really well once i got radeon pro working and disabling crossfire.

Also tried Assasins creed brotherhood (love this game) very strange problems with this runs at 60fps, then locks at 40fps for some reason, using raedon pro.,

cities skylines, virtual pool 4 and ultimate street fighter 4 work flawlessly for me.

Corsair Link works but only kind of, you need to install, do a reg fix, then rename the exe file, and then run it let it BSOD, and reboot, and then it works fine, but not on start up.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

Any of y'all willing to help me install Win10?  :unsure:  I have one of the latest builds I think, but I can't get it to install on a separate drive alongside my Ubuntu-Win7 dual boot. It keeps reporting back errors like  Ox80300024 or "we couldn't create a new partition...". Is Win10 unable to be installed from a USB at the moment?

(appreciate any help...thanks guys!)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Any of y'all willing to help me install Win10? :unsure: I have one of the latest builds I think, but I can't get it to install on a separate drive alongside my Ubuntu-Win7 dual boot. It keeps reporting back errors like Ox80300024 or "we couldn't create a new partition...". Is Win10 unable to be installed from a USB at the moment?

(appreciate any help...thanks guys!)

PC specs would help. Along with did you start the installer from boot or windows . And can you check the drive health.

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

PC specs would help. Along with did you start the installer from boot or windows . And can you check the drive health.

Oh, sorry. Specs can be found in my sig and on my profile. I used rufus to install it to a Toshiba 16gb USB (tried both GPT and MBR with UEFI etc) and then restarted and tried booting through it. It would go in, and get to the part where I select which drive to install on and then it would throw one of the errors above. I have tried cmd with diskpart but nothing seems to get be passed this point.

Drive health is good, at least Disks in Ubuntu says "Disk is good".

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Oh, sorry. Specs can be found in my sig and on my profile. I used rufus to install it to a Toshiba 16gb USB (tried both GPT and MBR with UEFI etc) and then restarted and tried booting through it. It would go in, and get to the part where I select which drive to install on and then it would throw one of the errors above. I have tried cmd with diskpart but nothing seems to get be passed this point.

Drive health is good, at least Disks in Ubuntu says "Disk is good".

is it an option to burn a disc and try for there?(using a usb optical drive)

(i want to see if it makes a difference)

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

is it an option to burn a disc and try for there?(using a usb optical drive)

(i want to see if it makes a difference)

Unfortunately no. I do not have any more sata ports left for my optical drive until my sata controller thing gets to me. I only have the USB option, but I do have other USBs...just not any more 16GB ones. Should I try some of my 9GB USBs from Kingston?

I appreciate the help, by the way. :)

Sata to usb hdd kit can be used with internal optical drives to make to eternal drive it's what I do

The biggest issue with win 10 is battery drain.. 100 to 0 in 30 minutes

Microsoft is working with Intel on the battery life issue. Intel seams to have trouble developing their drivers for Windows 10 (I believe the problem is the integrated graphics the issue, which won't surprise me, as Intel drivers for their graphics solution is an abomination).

AMD and Nvidia while they have the basics working, they are working in getting SLI/Crossfire working, and optimizations.

For the best experience, it might be best to wait a month or so while second released of Windows 10 drivers.

You shouldn't install W10 now. It will not let you activate it. The system will not allow new insider installs until 29. If you already have it there is no problem. But at the moment there aren't allow new installations.

Microsoft is working with Intel on the battery life issue. Intel seams to have trouble developing their drivers for Windows 10 (I believe the problem is the integrated graphics the issue, which won't surprise me, as Intel drivers for their graphics solution is an abomination).

AMD and Nvidia while they have the basics working, they are working in getting SLI/Crossfire working, and optimizations.

For the best experience, it might be best to wait a month or so while second released of Windows 10 drivers.

It's almost as if Intel isn't really a major GPU developer. Their CPUs are great on the high end, but they need a real GPU like Nvidia or AMD.

It's almost as if Intel isn't really a major GPU developer. Their CPUs are great on the high end, but they need a real GPU like Nvidia or AMD.

Yup. Well their drivers is the biggest issue. Even if they had a chip which can magically deliver the performance of a GTX 980, just for the sake of argumentation, I would still want an AMD or Nvidia GPU, because I think it is not normal to have, especially for a company big like Intel, have drivers with options that worlds on revise than the control panel says (although they finally fix them), games crashing with unsupported OpenGL or DirectX errors, despite them going on stage and basically says "Yes, unlike last time, we really mean it! This new Intel GPU FULLY support DirectX and OpenGL... [sizer=1]and OpenCL and DirectCompute, coming later...maybe... if we feel like it it might 2 or 3 APIs it actually support"

We are in 2015, they decided to go all in with ""free"" graphics chips on their CPU, yet it is treated like crap by the company. Clearly they wanted to charge more their CPUs, the GPU inside the CPU was their justification, but they want to maximize profits like no tomorrow, so have limited funding for the department.

That is the only explanation I have for this.

You shouldn't install W10 now. It will not let you activate it. The system will not allow new insider installs until 29. If you already have it there is no problem. But at the moment there aren't allow new installations.

Actually you can, using the command line trick.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

Actually you can, using the command line trick.

Link...I've tried one command line trick already

Sata to usb hdd kit can be used with internal optical drives to make to eternal drive it's what I do

Hm? You mean one of the external optical drive solutions, right?

What? Ah man! I had participated in the Insider Program earlier with Build 10074, and I still have the ISO and key. Does that still mean I can't reinstall it? The VM I installed on was on a Ubuntu that got borked so I had to reinstall Ubuntu which meant losing the VM. :(

Just to note: I could get pass the activation screen with my key, it just gives me a GPT/MBR or the error code when actually trying to install Win10. I'm guessing that's because I duel boot though, or I mean that's what I thought it was...

How did that middle command make it work..

Edit: it's public kms server of questionable legality

It works for now, which is good enough for me, as i plan to continue testing for a while, until i upgrade my windows 8.1 key to a full windows 10 key further down the line.

There are still driver issues for me, and for some reason my windows 8.1 runs a check disk on my window 10 ssd after i log off windows 10 and boot into 8.1, and has completely broken the windows 10 install three times now, i think i have gotten around this by making my windows 10 ssd appear as offline to my windows 8.1 install.

It did this to build 10166 i think it was too, and that is why i am having to activate like this now, it was after the cut off point, when the stopped the "official" activation for new installs.

Well, I installed it and activated it just fine without any command prompts. I had some invalid value registry problems, but I did a command prompt to fix that and everything is golden. Thought sadly I only had the ISO for 10074 Build.

sadly I only had the ISO for 10074 Build.

You should be given an option to update soon.

At least, that is what I was given a choice to do with build 10162. Only after I updated was I able to do the command prompt trick to activate it as Windows 10 Pro.

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

You should be given an option to update soon.

At least, that is what I was given a choice to do with build 10162. Only after I updated was I able to do the command prompt trick to activate it as Windows 10 Pro.

Ah, nice, thank you! If I have to, I will try the command trick. :)

My computer is very slow after booting up yesterday, it was fine three days ago just after installing updates to build 10130. Now my system takes 5 minutes to boot up and the same for any programs, the start menu takes about a minute to open.

I've checked for virus but the search does not find anything, is it just me who have this problem?

Running windows 10 right now, display scaling is apparently not a thing in most scenarios, anyone else have this issue. Reproduced this on 2 devices

Comb it with a brick

@baracken

Are you on the latest build? If so, I'm upgrading mine now and will report back if the same thing happens.