Windows 10 Insider Topic

Gachr

@Albatross

I was but I gave up and installed w7

U should have considered a clean install of 240 but oh well

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

Good news Microsoft has a tool to block Windows updates which I can use to block the Synaptics touchpad driver which causes the computer to crash, obviously you shouldn't use this to arbitrarily block updates because you want security and feature updates but for a bad update (especially drivers) this is the best thing ever.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

via

http://hexus.net/tech/news/software/84977-microsoft-releases-windows-10-tool-hideblock-updates/

-Snip-

Hello I'm wondering if the mail app is working for you on the RTM build because mine suddenly stopped working it refuses to sync my mail.

I had this happened to me. I had to clean install Windows 10. I think the problem is that they changes stuff between builds that affected the Mail/Calendar app, and things screwed up, and continue to be screwed up build after build, until I decided to clean install. Once Windows 10 is out, you'll probably have to do the same.

I always checked the win10 builds now and then but "never" did any updates with them, have they "FINALLY FOR THE LOVE OF GOD" fixed their update system?  It was always a pain to update windows as half the time it never downloads or gets stuck<.<!!

I'm Batman!

Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Project Xenos: Motherboard: MSI Z170a M9 ACK | CPU: i7 6700k | Ram: G.Skil TridentZ 16GB 3000mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850w G2 | Case: Caselabs SMA8 | Cooling: Custom Loop | Still in progress 

I always checked the win10 builds now and then but "never" did any updates with them, have they "FINALLY FOR THE LOVE OF GOD" fixed their update system? It was always a pain to update windows as half the time it never downloads or gets stuck<.<!!

If you never applied any updates, how do you "know" the chances of an update failing?

Hi there.

I'd have few questions about Windows 10 that I sadly did not see in Linus's new video about it.

How long will the free upgrade offer be available?

If I choose to upgrade. Can I make sure it won't automaticly update so I'll choose the time/manually do that.

Can I upgrade to windows 10. Burn it to a disk or an USB drive and save it for later with a key I'm guessing windows will provide with my new upgrade?

Can I revert back to Windows 7 months down the line after I've used Windows 10 for a while and gotten used of how it is, incase I prefer Windows 7 over Windows 10.

Thank you. :)

How long will the free upgrade offer be available?

The limited time offer in getting Windows 10 for free is 1 year. So, you have until July 29th, 2016.

If I choose to upgrade. Can I make sure it won't automaticly update so I'll choose the time/manually do that.

I believe it will ask you when you are ready. But only time will tell.

Can I upgrade to windows 10. Burn it to a disk or an USB drive and save it for later with a key I'm guessing windows will provide with my new upgrade?

You need to upgrade first. once you upgrade you can clean install Windows 10 directly. We don't know the details, and no other way was discussed by Microsoft. So we have to wait and see.

Can I revert back to Windows 7 months down the line after I've used Windows 10 for a while and gotten used of how it is, incase I prefer Windows 7 over Windows 10.

Yes. Go to Settings under Windows 10, Update & Recovery, and you should have the option to go back:

Win10-DG-Step3.png

Thank you. :)

You... are.... WWWWEEELLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!! W000000000T!

Oh here is the exit door... I'll take it now.. :)

anyone else getting really slow boots, with the screen going black for around 30-40 seconds before you go through the log in screen?

Seems to have happened after the latest AMD driver and windows updates

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

anyone else getting really slow boots, with the screen going black for around 30-40 seconds before you go through the log in screen?

Seems to have happened after the latest AMD driver and windows updates

no gpu and boots up 10-20 seconds on hdd.

ithink drivers are causing issues for people.

hopefully amd/nivida updates em.

yeah, i have been messing around with it and its the AMD drivers causing the problem, to make things worse they are performing awfully in GTA again.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

Windows 10 now officially out in Eastern Time Zones (as of 22 mins ago)

Insider preview will continue until microsoft kills it.

Can you do clean installs from disc of insider build discs now? Because I have a machine I want to do a clean install of to remove beta crap and I don't want to have to revert to the 7 recovery partition(I also want to put it in uefi mode)

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

Can you do clean installs from disc of insider build discs now? Because I have a machine I want to do a clean install of to remove beta crap and I don't want to have to revert to the 7 recovery partition(I also want to put it in uefi mode)

All you need to do now is install normal windows 10, go to the update section, go to advance and opt into insider preview.

All you need to do now is install normal windows 10, go to the update section, go to advance and opt into insider preview.

So I can't Install clean without going back to 7 First to upgrade My license key....

So I can't Install clean without going back to 7 First to upgrade My license key....

actually no. I'd you clean install do not worry about putting a key in. If your machine had a legit key from win 7/8 then windows 10 will automatically make your PC genuine. Just have to wait maybe a couple days. At least it should.

I'm just curious, is this normal? Note the transparent start menu. I don't know how it happened but I'd like to know if it's a setting option as I'd like to have this transparency on all the apps.

Image1.png

I'm just curious, is this normal? Note the transparent start menu. I don't know how it happened but I'd like to know if it's a setting option as I'd like to have this transparency on all the apps.

thats really transparent. What you do? reboot?

thats really transparent. What you do? reboot?

To be honest I really like it, I haven't rebooted since I noticed it, don't want it to return to normal :P. I haven't changed any settings that I see could cause such an effect. On a white background it's rather difficult to read however.

Graphics drivers bug it looks like. It is not drawing one of the layers. Reboot to see if that fixes it, else than that make sure you have the latest graphics card drivers. If you do, check daily.

(it does look pretty nice however, especially with your background. Not sure about actual practically of this, but pretty cool visuals)

You missed the point of my question entirely I had 10 rtm machine with insider key that no longer would activate if I clean installed. Meaning what I had to do and did was roll back to my oem 7 recovery partition. Upgrade it to 10 grab install key then clean install. I didn't want to have to revert to installing 7 from recovery first(which took hours due toshibas slow driver install system). And since I have an optical drive I didn't to do it by usb... Still thanks for trying to be helpful.

Hey guys, didn't Microsoft say that anyone who tested the Preview Builds would get Win10 for free? I thought I remembered a tweet stating it...

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Hey guys, didn't Microsoft say that anyone who tested the Preview Builds would get Win10 for free? I thought I remembered a tweet stating it...

If you remain a tester you can enjoy Windows 10 for free.

Once the doors for Insider Preview will re-open, allowing new comers, then they join in and enjoy Windows 10 Insider Preview for free, and be part of the beta/tester program.