Windows 10 Insider Topic

Gachr

While not officially supported, based on my personal tests, I was able to move Windows 10 from system to system to system without any hickup, and Windows continues to work exceptionally. Of course, Windows Activation pops-up, but Windows had no sign (based on my tests) of issues or BSOD at startup. I never tried Intel to AMD, but changing to newer or far older system caused no issues.

Windows 10 is the first Windows that past this test I have done.

I think it shows the increase robustness of the OS, which I think is very exciting.

Did anyone saw wifi sense feature.. It will share your wifi passward to all your contacts including social network

щ(゚Д゚щ)

It's optional, and you purposefully have to enable it.

Actually a nifty feature if you have roommates or when you have friends and family over at your house. I can't even begin to count the number of times I've needed to tell people my wifi password when they come over. 

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

It's optional, and you purposefully have to enable it.

Actually a nifty feature if you have roommates or when you have friends and family over at your house. I can't even begin to count the number of times I've needed to tell people my wifi password when they come over. 

If we can controll the exact contact with whom to share it will be great.. not daring to check it out

If we can controll the exact contact with whom to share it will be great.. not daring to check it out

Well, you can control to which social group:

aJkq9N8.png

I don't know about you, but I only add people I actually know IRL and hang out with on Skype and Facebook.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

I don't know about you, but I only add people I actually know IRL and hang out with on Skype and Facebook.

I go around the world as part of work. with sites at remote locations... in few places it is rude if you dont accept facebook request.  eventhough you just met someone. so i cannot share wifi at places i stay for one year...

I go around the world as part of work. with sites at remote locations... in few places it is rude if you dont accept facebook request. eventhough you just met someone. so i cannot share wifi at places i stay for one year...

That's messed up...

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

aJkq9N8.png

Considering people you know personally are statistically more likely to be able to actually violate your WiFi's security, I would say, as long as it isn't redundant to another of your online passwords, sharing your WiFi with a stranger on the internet may be safer than sharing it with someone you know personally.

Considering people you know personally are statistically more likely to be able to actually violate your WiFi's security, I would say, as long as it isn't redundant to another of your online passwords, sharing your WiFi with a stranger on the internet may be safer than sharing it with someone you know personally.

That's a really depressing statement...someone hand me an antidepressant

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

Did anyone saw wifi sense feature.. It will share your wifi passward to all your contacts including social network

щ(゚Д゚щ)

It doesn't actually show or tell them you WiFi password. It only allows them access to it when they are in range. And it does not allow them access to other devices/files, etc on your network, just Internet access.

• Your contacts don't see your WiFi network password. For networks you choose to share access to, the password is sent over an encrypted connection and stored in an encrypted file on a Microsoft server, then sent over a secure connection to your contacts' phone if they use WiFi Sense and they're in range of the WiFi network you've shared. Your contacts can't see your password, and you can't see theirs.

• You're in control, and you choose which WiFi networks you want to share access to. When you first connect to a password-protected WiFi network, you choose if you want to share access to that network with your contacts. You can share a few networks, a lot or none – it's up to you to decide which networks you share. You might have more contacts on one social network or service than another, so you could share WiFi network access with one social network or service and not another to help determine how many people can have access.

• When you share network access, your contacts get Internet access only. For example, if you share your home WiFi network, your contacts won't have access to other computers, devices or files stored on your home network.

Wi-Fi Sense FAQ: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-CA/how-to/wp8/connectivity/wi-fi-sense-faq (In the "I'm concerned about sharing WiFi networks. Can you tell me a little more?" section.)

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Does anyone know if I have to install the preview without Linux already being installed? I just tried and it went through installing VIA Windows Update and rebooting, but when I chose to boot back into Windows to finish it, it just booted into my Windows 7 and it showed up as failed in Windows Update..

I might just burn an ISO and install that way..

I liked being a tester and everything, but "buying" a licence for me is free. So I'd rather have a stable OS if I can. If I buy a full licence, can I enter it into the licence entry thing in the Computer Info thing and get out of the preview builds and use a retail version? Or do I need to install from a retail build?

Quick question with sign-in options. I currently use my password to sign in as I cannot use the PIN I assigned 4 versions back. Is anyone else having this issue?

I have attempted to reset my PIN but have been unable to do so as I get a "Something went wrong. Try again later" message. I have gotten this message every time since the last update from 10151. I do have the current version 10162.

Any help appreciated.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Anyone else having issues with time not being correct on Build 10162? Timezone is set correct, etc, it just doesn't have the correct time.. If I turn off "Set Time Automatically" then turn it back on, the time is corrected.

Anyone else having issues with time not being correct on Build 10162? Timezone is set correct, etc, it just doesn't have the correct time.. If I turn off "Set Time Automatically" then turn it back on, the time is corrected.

How long until the time is no longer correct?

Quick question with sign-in options. I currently use my password to sign in as I cannot use the PIN I assigned 4 builds back. Is anyone else having this issue?

I have attempted to reset my PIN but have been unable to do so as I get a "Something went wrong. Try again later" message. I have gotten this message every time since the last update from 10151. I do have the current version 10162.

Any help appreciated.

^^^This.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

How long until the time is no longer correct?

It's usually incorrect when I reboot. I think some of the issue might be that I'm dual booting Linux as well (it was an issue for me with Win7 too). However this time when I booted up it shows the correct time..

windows 10 is free for pirate version of windows 8.1

Kinda it may still be treated unlicensed if you upgrade the full release from windows update. If you put beta over the top might become licensed.

Yes. You can enjoy Windows 10 in all its glory deactivated, and restarts every now and then because it won't be genuine.

It's usually incorrect when I reboot. I think some of the issue might be that I'm dual booting Linux as well (it was an issue for me with Win7 too). However this time when I booted up it shows the correct time..

Is the time correct in BIOS or whatever it is that you kids use these days is?

Yes. You can enjoy Windows 10 in all its glory deactivated, and restarts every now and then because it won't be genuine.

Kinda it may still be treated unlicensed if you upgrade the full release from windows update. If you put beta over the top might become licensed.

Thier will be cracks on or even before day 1 launch. 

Thier will be cracks on or even before day 1 launch.

It's my policy not to fuck with the people who make the software that operates my system.

It's my policy not to fuck with the people who make the software that operates my system.

True dat.

But fucking with almost everything else is k.

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni