Windows 10 Insider Topic

Gachr

Hey guys, didn't Microsoft say that anyone who tested the Preview Builds would get Win10 for free? I thought I remembered a tweet stating it...

no you don;t

you get windows 10 beta for free

If you remain a tester you can enjoy Windows 10 for free.

Once the doors for Insider Preview will re-open, allowing new comers, then they join in and enjoy Windows 10 Insider Preview for free, and be part of the beta/tester program.

"Remain a tester"? That means you couldn't have reinstalled, right? Or will having the download and key they gave me from the start work?

no you don;t

you get windows 10 beta for free

Oh. That sucks. My install got borked. t-t

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

"Remain a tester"? That means you couldn't have reinstalled, right? Or will having the download and key they gave me from the start work?

Oh. That sucks. My install got borked. t-t

just intall your windows 7/8,1 copy then activate it then upgrade to 10.

just intall your windows 7/8,1 copy then activate it then upgrade to 10.

I want to keep my Win7 key as a Win7 key though.

I guess I'll just reinstall and reactivate it like I did before and hope it works (again). haha

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Correct. You need to wait for the doors of Windows Insiders Preview program to re-open.

Hi there guys!! I have upgraded from windows 8.1 to 10. So according to the below article if i just do a clean install of windows 10 through a usb, will my copy of windows be activated?

http://www.theverge.com/2015/7/31/9077997/microsoft-windows-10-clean-install-how-to-guide

CPU:Intel Core i3 3210 Mobo:MSI B75MA-E33  GPU:Intel 2500 HD Graphics  SSD:Adata SP600 128gb  HDD:Seagate 1tb 7200rpm  

PSU:Corsair CX430   Case:Antec ASK4000bU3  Monitor:Dell S2240l 21.5 inch 1080p

Hi there guys!! I have upgraded from windows 8.1 to 10. So according to the below article if i just do a clean install of windows 10 through a usb, will my copy of windows be activated?

http://www.theverge.com/2015/7/31/9077997/microsoft-windows-10-clean-install-how-to-guide

Correct, but follow this guide it better explains each step what to do:

http://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/

I don't know if anyone has posted this or mentioned anything about it but this may be worth a read.

http://boingboing.net/2015/08/03/windows-10-defaults-to-keylogg.html

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

If I had a valid 8.1 Pro key, can I use that to switch from Insider to a full licencee without re-installing 8.1? Also, if I have a valid 10 Pro licence, can I switch from Insider to a real licenced version of 10?

If I had a valid 8.1 Pro key, can I use that to switch from Insider to a full licencee without re-installing 8.1? Also, if I have a valid 10 Pro licence, can I switch from Insider to a real licenced version of 10?

1st one no second one yes

I don't know if anyone has posted this or mentioned anything about it but this may be worth a read.

http://boingboing.net/2015/08/03/windows-10-defaults-to-keylogg.html

So many thread on this forum about it, sooo mmmmaaaaaannnnyyyyyyyy. I... I.....I..... am traumatized by the number of posts on it.

Soon, I think we'll start considering consider it spam.

Ok seriously though, you can read them through, people freaking out than realizing after reading the privacy policy that it is fine and makes perfect sense. And yes, you can turn it off, although won't be able to use Cortana (System and web search still works thought). And it makes perfect sense why Cortana can't work if the feature is disabled.

i agree :)

1st one no second one yes

Do I just put the new key in the My Computer Properties Key thing like when I changed from my default 8.1 to 8.1 Pro key?

So many thread on this forum about it, sooo mmmmaaaaaannnnyyyyyyyy. I... I.....I..... am traumatized by the number of posts on it.

Ok seriously though, you can read them through, people freaking out than realizing after reading the privacy policy that it is fine and makes perfect sense. And yes, you can turn it off, although won't be able to use Cortana (System and web search still works thought). And it makes perfect sense why Cortana can't work if the feature is disabled.

Is there a way to completely disable searching the web from the Start Menu? I never want it to try to go to the internet when I type there. I never want it to waste time or even think of searching the internet when I type there.

Also, it'd be nice if it only ever searched Programs and Settings, not tried to search for files.

Do I just put the new key in the My Computer Properties Key thing like when I changed from my default 8.1 to 8.1 Pro key?

Is there a way to completely disable searching the web from the Start Menu? I never want it to try to go to the internet when I type there. I never want it to waste time or even think of searching the internet when I type there.

Also, it'd be nice if it only ever searched Programs and Settings, not tried to search for files.

windows >updates>activation 

you can disable web search just click search icon settings and disable web results 

and if you wanna keep web search and change it to google.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/mgoehlfmhfafaiepckjikpphoklijedl

windows >updates>activation 

you can disable web search just click search icon settings and disable web results 

and if you wanna keep web search and change it to google.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/mgoehlfmhfafaiepckjikpphoklijedl

Now I have to decide between Enterprise and Education. A Google search shows charts that show no difference, and when people actually make articles, they ignore comparing them because "nobody who read this will buy them anyway".

Now I have to decide between Enterprise and Education. A Google search shows charts that show no difference, and when people actually make articles, they ignore comparing them because "nobody who read this will buy them anyway".

why?

why not pro?

enterprise cost a shit ton

why?

why not pro?

enterprise cost a shit ton

Enterprise has everything Pro does plus some extra, mostly security and such things. And cost isn't an issue. Assume all versions cost the same for me.

Enterprise has everything Pro does plus some extra, mostly security and such things. And cost isn't an issue. Assume all versions cost the same for me.

but what about easy of upgrade in future?

but what about easy of upgrade in future?

I have no idea. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

I have no idea. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

windows 10.5

prob on linux tho xD

windows 10.5

prob on linux tho xD

I see myself wearing a Novelty T-Shirt that says, "I've Got A Feeling 21 Is Going To Be A Good Year".

I don't know why you need an extension. When I use Cortana, it opens Firefox and uses Google search engine.

whats your magic? i still have not found a way to do it natively?

and people can't get it with firefox ether.

you hiding voodoo?