Windows 10 Insider Topic

Gachr

I have the solution. But I don't know if it will remain valid once W10 is out.

Also, don't have much time to work on it.

I have the solution. But I don't know if it will remain valid once W10 is out.

Also, don't have much time to work on it.

Is it blocking the Windows update servers at your router or gateway?

Is it blocking the Windows update servers at your router or gateway?

No, that is not a solution. it is using the powershell. I need to make a nice gui.

I'll try during the week

i need to fix one particulra headache any time i try upgrade by build rather than clean install...it always errrors out and reverts to previous build every time. Most recent error being during one restart inaccessible boot device. profile of pc in attachment..

feel free to ask for any relevant information

(WIN-55LD9FE87NN).html

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

Do I lose my data if i update from WIndows 7 SP1 to Windows Technical Preview?

Do I lose my data if i update from WIndows 7 SP1 to Windows Technical Preview?

Assuming no problem in the process, no you will not lose your data.

I would recommend to backup your stuff before, just in case things go bad, beside it is a good to have a backup. Doesn't hurt.

I also recommend to uninstall your A/V and any other security software before starting the process. Sometimes they can think an attack is being done on the system and starts blocking things, which will crap out the upgrade process. If your use Microsoft Security Essentials, then you don't need to do anything.

Assuming no problem in the process, no you will not lose your data.

I would recommend to backup your stuff before, just in case things go bad, beside it is a good to have a backup. Doesn't hurt.

I also recommend to uninstall your A/V and any other security software before starting the process. Sometimes they can think an attack is being done on the system and starts blocking things, which will crap out the upgrade process. If your use Microsoft Security Essentials, then you don't need to do anything.

Ok. Thx. I already installed it. No problems in the process.

New Build of Windows 10 out for those who are on the Fast ring!

Build 10158!

Still reading? Download NOW!

What are you waiting for? Nintendo to make one?

COME ON!!! DOWNLOAD!!!! DOWNLOAD FASTER!

:P

New Build of Windows 10 out for those who are on the Fast ring!

Build 10158!

Still reading? Download NOW!

What are you waiting for? Nintendo to make one?

COME ON!!! DOWNLOAD!!!! DOWNLOAD FASTER!

:P

:)

small update looks like.

http://www.winbeta.org/news/windows-10-build-10158-now-available-insiders-download-now

only thing is Edge 

but #chromemasterrace

Written by 

Zac Bowden
 on Monday, Jun 29th, 2015 at 02:45PM @ZacB_
 Windows 10

Microsoft has released a new Windows 10 build for Windows Insiders today, which features a few new additions over the last public preview build. Todays new release is build 10158, and is now being pushed out to Insiders in the fast ring. The new build includes a number of additional changes and fixes over build 10130, but nothing crazy new which isn't surprising, as from now until Windows 10's RTM, new builds will be focusing on under-the-hood code changes rather than features on the surface.

Build 10158 includes the new Edge branding, improvements to title bars for Win32 apps, UI adjustments and an overall nicer feel to the operating system. Furthermore, this build requires Insiders to be signed in with a Microsoft Account to continue receiving Insider builds and eventually the RTM, which will be delivered to insiders much like a normal build via Windows Update on July 29th.

MS ACCOUNT VERIFICATION!!!

I would have thought the Insiders would have got RTM a few days before the 29th when Microsoft starts preloading the update for people who have 'reserved' the Windows 10 update, perhaps we still will.

Chrome sucks.

It is about bug fixes mostly, which Windows 10 really needs.

I think them locking down plugins/extensions a couple versions ago was the final straw. If it weren't for the fact that Logitech so quickly released a new desktop Harmony program to remedy their Chrome Extension being blocked, I probably would have left Chrome completely.

The moment Edge is complete (meaning they release the planned features that won't make it on day 1), I don't see, so far, anything not to use Edge.

Sure even if it is not the fastest, and even if it remains third place, it has everything, to me, that says: "I am a modern web browser, from 2015", and not what Chrome and Firefox is. Performance, in my opinion, is only one bullet point of a good web browser. While nice, the rest is important too.

The moment Edge is complete (meaning they release the planned features that won't make it on day 1), I don't see, so far, anything not to use Edge.

Sure even if it is not the fastest, and even if it remains third place, it has everything, to me, that says: "I am a modern web browser, from 2015", and not what Chrome and Firefox is. Performance, in my opinion, is only one bullet point of a good web browser. While nice, the rest is important too.

it also has a dark mode that isn't a shitty theme and actually integrates well with the UI, i love dark theme's and this is huge +1 for me

screen_shot_2015-06-29_at_8.16.26_pm.jpg

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

In what's likely to be the last build pushed by MS before RTM and final release in a months time MS have released a new build with loads of improvements.

Hi everyone,

We have a new build for PCs releasing today to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring – Build 10158. This build is full of improvements to stability and quality as well as some additional UI polish. It also has some great new features included for Microsoft Edge as well.

Here is what’s new in this build

Microsoft Edge: The first thing that you’ll notice in this build is that the Microsoft Edge branding is now included.

msft_edge_dark

IMPORTANT: Microsoft Edge has a new app ID that will cause any favorites, cookies, history and Reading list items that you had saved in “Project Spartan” from previous builds to be lost after upgrading. If you want to keep these, make sure you back up your favorites before upgrading to Build 10158. To save your favorites, follow these steps before upgrading to the next build we release (do it now):

Copy your favorites from %localappdata%/Packages/Microsoft.Windows.Spartan_cw5n1h2txyewy/AC/Spartan/User/Default/Favorites.

Save them to %userprofile%/Favorites.

After upgrading to the next build open Microsoft Edge, choose Settings, and you’ll see an option to import favorites from another browser. Choose Internet Explorer to import the favorites you saved in your %userprofile% directory into Microsoft Edge.

There are also some great new features and improvements for you to try:

One of the top pieces of feedback we’ve heard from Windows Insiders is that many of you really wanted a “home” button for Microsoft Edge. In this build, we’ve provided an option for you to add it via Settings > Advanced Settings and turn on “Show the home button”.

We’ve added the ability for you to import favorites/bookmarks from other browsers into Microsoft Edge.

There are new options for changing what you see when you first start Microsoft Edge.

There are new customizations for the New Tab page. You can choose to either see top sites and suggested content – or just top sites.

We’ve added password and form-fill support. Microsoft Edge now lets you manage your passwords for your favorite websites.

Audio from Microsoft Edge plays while the app is minimized or in the background – another top request from Windows Insiders.

You can drag and drop tabs to a new window.

Another top request: we now have a dark theme!

General UX improvements and refinement: You’ll continue to see general UX improvements and refinement in this build. For Continuum, you’ll see a lot of bug fixes as well as improved Tablet mode animations, improved support for Windows 8/8.1 apps and classic (Win32) apps in Tablet mode. And when using the Start Menu, you can swipe up on the left side to open All apps. This also works in Tablet mode, when you have opened up the left side of Start behind the hamburger menu. Additionally, in All apps – you can click on a letter to quickly go to apps on the All apps list under that letter (great for people with lots of apps installed).

taskbar

On the Taskbar, when an app needs your attention, it will now flash in orange. And when you download something or move files around in File Explorer, the progress animation in the Taskbar has been changed back to green and back to animating horizontally (instead of white and animating vertically seen in the previous build – thanks for the feedback!).

Updates to Cortana: We have a consolidated left rail now and Cortana’s Notebook is in its final stage with a combined Profile and Settings experience. Cortana now has a dark theme color to match the rest of the OS. Tracking your flights has also been enabled so when you get an e-mail with flight or package information from supported providers they show up in the Cortana experience and Cortana will also alert you about them. Alerts for going to work, going home and the airport are also work now too. You should also try sending an e-mail with Cortana – we enabled this in this build! Just say everything at once such as who you want to email (you can send to multiple people), the subject of the e-mail, and what you want your email to say and that’s it. For example – you would say something like “Email Gabe Aul Super Awesome Window Feedback…” and then what you want the message to say. You can even make corrections with your voice. Note – this feature requires an Internet connection and works for U.S. (English) right now.

Cortana integration with Office 365: With this build, you’ll be able to try out the Cortana integration with Office 365 if your company is opted into First Release for Office 365. Cortana is already great at letting you quickly see what your day is going to look like, when and where to go for your first meeting, get a sense of travel times to work, or even get updates for upcoming trips from your calendar. Cortana gets even better with a connection to Office 365, which enhances Cortana’s ability to help you prepare for meetings, learn about the people you work with, and remind you where you need to be next so you won’t be late. Give it a try!

Check out the updated Photos app for Windows 10: We’ve published an update to the Photos app via the Windows Store Beta. Not only does this update have general performance and reliability improvements, it also has new capabilities that Windows Insiders have been asking for. For example – the Photos app now supports animated GIFs. This was a top request from Windows Insiders!

photos-app

We’ve added a “Open with” button in the photo viewer. While viewing a photo, click the “…” icon at the top right and choose “Open with”. This was another top request from Windows Insiders. And now links to your saved photos, screenshots, and camera roll are available on the Albums page.

Snipping Tool: For fans of the Snipping Tool, you’ll notice we’ve snuck in a new little feature in the Snipping Tool with this build. You can now set up to a 5-second delay to capture pop-up menus!

snipping-tool

Insider Hub: As I mentioned here, the Insider Hub is no longer pre-installed starting with this build. You can reinstall the Insider Hub app through the following steps:

Go to Settings, System, Apps & features.

Click Manage optional features then Add a feature.

Select the Insider Hub entry (the list is in alphabetical order) and click Install.

Preview releases of Windows 10 SDK: Tomorrow, we will also be flighting the Windows 10 SDK for this build. Our goal is to match each OS flight delivered to Windows Insiders in the Fast ring. However, there may be times where we have an OS flight without an SDK release. We’ll also release a matching version of the Windows 10 Mobile emulator. With both the latest SDK and emulator, your apps can access the latest Windows capabilities and APIs in the newest builds. The Building Apps for Windows blog will post which build of Windows maps to version of the SDK being released along with a change log of new APIs; major bugs fixed; and note issues in the current SDK. As always, you can download the latest Windows SDK and mobile emulator from the Windows 10 Developer Tools page. Watch for a post tomorrow on the Building Apps for Windows blog when the Windows 10 SDK preview is available for download.

Surface 3: This build has the fix for the issue that was preventing the Surface 3 from upgrading successfully in prior builds. You should be able to upgrade to this build.

Surface Pro 3: This build has several fixes that improve battery life with the Surface Pro 3.

Known issues: We don’t have any significant known issues for this build worth noting in the blog post but we are servicing several issues so make sure you check Windows Update for those.

I'm getting excited now, less than a month to go until its released. Some good updates this time, UI consolidation is great plus Cortana works with Office 365 now!!

I hope they've finished combining Control Panel into Settings, its really confusing having some options in one and others in the other.

Remember, its Fast Ring only right now.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Meanwhile my fast ring system won't update from 10122 and ms has been very helpful...

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

The thing I'm most excited for is the snipping tool function!

Woopee! :D

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Meanwhile, 10130 is totally broken for me. Nothing works, from the start to Cortana to program previews, to even dialog boxes.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Win 10 new build releases goes under to the Win 10 Testers thread under OS & Software section, this is what was decided to keep things organized.

You can post under tech news section when Win10 is officially released, that is fine. But further builds would be back under Win10 thread, under OS & soft section.

LOL, they just released another build, literally the follow up to yesterday, its 10159

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwindows/2015/06/30/whoa-another-pc-build/

its mainly bug fixes, like over 300 of them and its also more closer to what they are using internally, other that that its the same as yesterday

edit: there's is something new actually, they added the "hero" wallpaper to it, so that's a nice bonus, really worth it for 3.8GB to download

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

LOL, they just released another build, literally the follow up to yesterday, its 10159

its mainly bug fixes, like over 300 of them and its also more closer to what they are using internally, other that that its the same as yesterday

Amazing lol xD I like this

Windows 10 10159 announced 1 day after 10158. You can really tell that RTM is gonna be soon. 

Gabe Aul said there was a surprise in this build, and he also said the surprise may not be the new Hero wallpaper included. Let's wait & See!

I'm installing this build right now, and I'll figure out what he's talking about. 

Edit: the surprise was a fancy new lock screen!

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

Windows 10 10159 announced 1 day after 10158. You can really tell that RTM is gonna be soon. 

Gabe Aul said there was a surprise in this build, and he also said the surprise may not be the new Hero wallpaper included. Let's wait & See!

I'm installing this build right now, and I'll figure out what he's talking about. 

I'm installing 10159 now & yea It's strange!

I'm installing 10159 now & yea It's strange!

oh god no wtf did they do now? I liked it how it was.

CPU: i7 6700k @4.5GHZ | Mobo: MSI Z170 Gaming M5 | RAM: G Skill Rip Jaws V- 16GB | GPU: Sapphire RX 5700 XT | Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200RPM, Kingston SSD-now 100V+ 128GB, WD Black 600GB, WD Blue 500GB, Intel 600p 256GB nvme SSD |PSU:Corsair CX750M| Cooling: Corsair H60| Displays: 27" LG IPS277L, Samsung Curved 72hz Freesync 27 inch, Epson EX7220 Projector with 100 inch 16:10 Screen | Kb: Corsair Vengeance K70 | Mouse: R.A.T. 4 |  Case:  NZXT Phantom 410 (Red) | OS: Win 10 Home 64 Bit