I'm not reviewing this.

When you’re a reviewer, sometimes, you’re asked to review the same product over and over again. And sometimes, you just have to say no.

Buy a Radeon RX 590:
On Amazon: http://geni.us/zeCqI
On Newegg: https://lmg.gg/8KVbR

Buy a Radeon RX 580:
On Amazon: http://geni.us/s0qraLH
On Newegg: https://lmg.gg/8KVbc

Buy a GeForce GTX 1060 6GB:
On Amazon: http://geni.us/7vAr
On Newegg: https://lmg.gg/8KVb5

Emily @ LINUS MEDIA GROUP                                  

congratulations on breaking absolutely zero stereotypes - @cs_deathmatch

I think there was far too much time devoted to RX590 performance graphs in this episode ;) 

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

Just a point that the 5C wasn't a rebrand of the 5, it merely replaced it at a lower price. The 5c had a larger battery and a newer camera. It was not meant to be an upgrade. 

Would it really be that hard to include at least one noun in your titles?

Where does the "new" AMD cards stand in performance/ dollar? 

Worse performance than Nvidia GTX 1060?

Price rating l equal to what? 

Can we get a performance/cost graph in these "new" cards? Between Nvidia and AMD please. 

review the same product over and over again. And sometimes, you just have to say no.

Unless they pay!

Nothing is free, NOTHING!

Not even air

3 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

Just a point that the 5C wasn't a rebrand of the 5, it merely replaced it at a lower price. The 5c had a larger battery and a newer camera. It was not meant to be an upgrade. 

5c had the exact same rear camera as the 5. It gained the newer front facing from the 5c. It gained some more LTE bands and the minuscule 70 mAh increase. That's it. Otherwise it got bigger in all dimensions and it got heavier. Instead of a slim metal build you get a fat plastic build. It was a retarded "rebrand" that might have lost more than it gained mattering on whether those LTE bands were useful for you.

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

Dude, those games are a blockbuster line up. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

I get what you sayin LTT, but the 590 does NOT have the same 14nm process like the 580 and 480. And yes other benchmarks concludes that it could have a lower power consumption, like 26% when undervolting and having the same speeds as the RX 580 ( https://nl.hardware.info/reviews/8851/18/amd-radeon-rx-590-review-geen-pensioen-voor-polaris-testresultaten-stroomverbruik). Why? Because the Global foundries bakes it with a enhanched Samsung 14nm process, called 12LP. And Samsung itself also bakes it, with their enhanced 11lpp process. See also :  https://fuse.wikichip.org/news/1497/vlsi-2018-globalfoundries-12nm-leading-performance-12lp/ Because of the less power consumption, they can overclock it a lot more without having a huge increase in power consumption.

It's the same with Intel's refresh: smaller process and some optimizations. Is it huge? No. Is it worth mentioning? Yes. Do people want to see it tested without Linus whining? Yes! (or let somone else talk about it...) And at least the naming is more transparant then Intel i9 9XXX naming.

1 hour ago, Hunter259 said:

5c had the exact same rear camera as the 5. It gained the newer front facing from the 5c. It gained some more LTE bands and the minuscule 70 mAh increase. That's it. Otherwise it got bigger in all dimensions and it got heavier. Instead of a slim metal build you get a fat plastic build. It was a retarded "rebrand" that might have lost more than it gained mattering on whether those LTE bands were useful for you.

I’m more than familiar with the changes thanks. It was meant as a cheap alternatives, not an upgrade. A rebrand means essentially the same phone, it’s more rather a downgraded 5s.

3 hours ago, Ken1 said:

Where does the "new" AMD cards stand in performance/ dollar? 

Worse performance than Nvidia GTX 1060?

Price rating l equal to what? 

Can we get a performance/cost graph in these "new" cards? Between Nvidia and AMD please. 

RX 590 is between a 980 and 1070.

MSRP is $280 USD.

Depending on your used market, a used 980Ti or even a 1070 would be a better option.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 hour ago, Bouzoo said:

Dude, those games are a blockbuster line up. 

I have no idea if you're joking or not (?) but to be fair, DMC5 and The Division 2 seems like a pretty good deal. Not sure about the RE2 remake but meh. I'd probably most definitely buy the card if I had to just for those two titles (and if I had the money & needed the card). Plus it'd add to my games collection too. 

23 minutes ago, RorzNZ said:

I’m more than familiar with the changes thanks. It was meant as a cheap alternatives, not an upgrade. A rebrand means essentially the same phone, it’s more rather a downgraded 5s.

The 5c wasn't that bad at the time if I'm being honest. It was an okay phone for the price, aside from the cheap materials used & the lack of the Apple A7 chip found in the higher end 5s. Other than that though, for the price it wasn't bad.

PC Specifications:

CPU: Intel Core i7 13700K

Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming Wi-Fi

Memory: 32GB Trident Z5 RGB DDR5 7200 MHz CL34 @ 7600 MHz

GPU: AMD Radeon™ RX 7900 XTX (ASUS TUF Gaming OC Edition)

Storage: 2 TB Western Digital SN850X, 1 TB Western Digital SN850, 2 TB Seagate Momentus SpinPoint M9T

Power Supply: Corsair RM850x (2021)

Case: Fractal Design Torrent (white, non-RGB)

Monitor: TCL 55R617

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow V3 (Quartz)

Mouse: Razer Viper Ultimate Wireless

DAC & Amp: Schiit Modi+ & Schiit Magni+

Headphones: Philips Fidelio X2HR

9 minutes ago, KamranMackey said:

The 5c wasn't that bad at the time if I'm being honest. It was an okay phone for the price, aside from the cheap materials used & the lack of the Apple A7 chip found in the higher end 5s. Other than that though, for the price it wasn't bad.

The reason why it failed was the price, not because it was lower or higher than expected but only 200 difference at that price range, might as well get an 5s. On the second hand market it was a pretty big success. 

so is this a new AMD graphic card out of the blue? swear to god the naming feels like an card that's already released.

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

3 hours ago, RorzNZ said:

You do realize it shares more in common with the 5 than it does the 5s to the point of being nearly identical to the 5? It's not an alternative. It's a definition rebrand. Don't tell me it's a cheap alternative when it didn't come out at a price that the 5 wouldn't have anyway. Every single top end iPhone has dropped down in price when the new one was released except for the 5 and the X. The 5C didn't share nearly enough with the 5S to call it a different phone. A slightly different camera and some extra LTE bands isn't enough when everything else is the same. The XR is a true "Cheap" alternative.

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

8 minutes ago, Hunter259 said:

You do realize it shares more in common with the 5 than it does the 5s to the point of being nearly identical to the 5? It's not an alternative. It's a definition rebrand. Don't tell me it's a cheap alternative when it didn't come out at a price that the 5 wouldn't have anyway. Every single top end iPhone has dropped down in price when the new one was released except for the 5 and the X. The 5C didn't share nearly enough with the 5S to call it a different phone. A slightly different camera and some extra LTE bands isn't enough when everything else is the same. The XR is a true "Cheap" alternative.

I didn't tell you it was a cheap alternative, if you want to cherry pick my writing, thats up to you dude. It was meant to be a cheap alternative. 

1 minute ago, RorzNZ said:

I didn't tell you it was a cheap alternative, if you want to cherry pick my writing, thats up to you dude. It was meant to be a cheap alternative. 

And you were saying it wasn't a rebrand. Which it is.

AS Linus Tech Tips Turns so are The Days of YOUR Lives

LOL

Drama sells

Flash sells

Filler

Makes me wonder, without changing clocks and architecture, can performance be increased by a die shrink?

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

I had no idea that the ryzen 14 to 12nm was not a new architecture so I rely on reviewers like yourselves to tell it how it is. I agree with your frustrations, I hate the marketing deception, we don't all have the time to dig into every product we buy to find the truth, and it's not just in the tech area.

I don't think companies will take notice of this because their goal isn't to make good products, it's to make money with good products being a possible requirement to achieve that goal but it's not a necessity. They won't let morals get in the way of money. There will always be a big basket of people who just buy anything based on advertising so companies aren't going to just stop this practice.

Knowing this, my request is that you and all reviewers keep digging out the truth, tell it to us how it is with every product and make it clear for those of us who do seek out reviews. Don't assume we know even if it's obvious to you guys following tech everyday.