Fortnite mobile fans hack their way into acquiring Galaxy skins

Scummy ways to get skins... I mean, really. To go through all that trouble to get a skin in a game. #LostFaithInFortnitePlayers

EDIT: 

I know this is kind of harsh, but it's my honest opinion.

Edited by Uptivuptiz
Adding some details to previous statement

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

2 minutes ago, Uptivuptiz said:

Scummy ways to get skins... I mean, really. To go through all that trouble to get a skin in a game. #LostFaithInFortnitePlayers

EDIT: 

I know this is kind of harsh, but it's my honest opinion.

I'm more concerned about how badly Fortnite devs have done with bringing this game to mobile

Irish in Vancouver, what's new?

For reference:

The 'Galaxy Suit' is an in game item that is unlocked as part of a partnership deal Epic Games, creators of Fortnite, has with Samsung; where people who play using one of Samsungs new model phones will receive the unique in game skin. Requirements are that you play 3 games on the device and then it will be added to your account.

The Galaxy Skin in Fortnite is exclusive to two Samsung Galaxy phones and now is available for players who did not pre-order the smartphones. This is how you unlock the Galaxy skin for Fortnite: Battle Royale. 

This first step to get this skin is to be playing Fortnite: Battle Royale on either a Galaxy Note 9 or a Galaxy Tab S4. 

The next step is to find and download/install the game on the device and then log in to an Epic Games account. This can be found from the Galaxy Apps spot in the Samsung Folder.

After all that, the final step is to play at least three games on the device and wait a couple days during this time. After all of this, a gift box will be given to the player that will have the Galaxy skin found inside it.

Source: https://www.dbltap.com/posts/6156145-how-to-unlock-the-galaxy-skin-in-fortnite-battle-royale

Apparently Fortnite players have taken to using the in-store demos of these phones, logging in to their Fortnite account, entering 3 games and then unlocking the item.

However, the issue with this is that the bonus skin unlock is possibly limited to only unlock once per device. This means that if a person unlocks the skin through the store demo phone, anyone who buys that phone later on may not be able to unlock the skin for themselves. Stores often sell ex-demo stock of phones and other devices at a discounted rate, so this could cause an issue for the end user of the device.

Here's a bit of bad news — Samsung is making it clear that the skin can only be unlocked once per device, so you won't be able to log into a friend's phone to unlock the skin.

Another important thing to note (forgive the pun), is that it is possible to use a demo Note 9 or Galaxy Tab S4 on display in a store, like Best Buy or AT&T Wireless, but it's generally frowned upon. Just look at this post on Reddit, where a user found a sign informing those who want to unlock the Galaxy Skin that all demo units in this particular store cannot run Fortnite.

Source: https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-unlock-the-galaxy-skin-in-fortnite/

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

2 minutes ago, KendoSapion said:

I'm more concerned about how badly Fortnite devs have done with bringing this game to mobile

I think no matter how crappy the devs make the mobile version people are still gonna play it... To clarify: My intention here is not to talk smack about Fortnite players. They are just as much gamers as we are.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just now, Uptivuptiz said:

I think no matter how crappy the devs make the mobile version people are still gonna play it... To clarify: My intention here is not to talk smack about Fortnite players. They are just as much gamers as we are.

No it's not anything about the game being bad, but exploits.
So many people were open to malware attacks after downloading the installer, and now this?

Irish in Vancouver, what's new?

Just now, KendoSapion said:

No it's not anything about the game being bad, but exploits.
So many people were open to malware attacks after downloading the installer, and now this?

Oh, right! Whoops. My fault :D 

Just now, RobbinM said:

Nice. No way I am going to spend 1000 units on a skin.

Going to a store this weekend.

Thanks for posting.

Please don't.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah.....nah.

Remember the pre order promotion for the Note9 where you had the option of AKG wireless headphones or Fortnite bucks (or both if you pay extra)? 

Yeah, I'm pretty sure anyone with a tinge of common sense would get the AKG, but knowing some people, I bet they'd go for the Fortnite bucks... 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

So, I can only assume fortnite is a fad, when is it going to fade into history?

† 

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
        In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
        In Flanders fields.

Cry havoc and let slip the Togs of war.  (Signature V3)

If you want me to reply, tag me @Tog Driver, Or quote me.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭13:14

11 hours ago, Uptivuptiz said:

Please don't.

Why not? It’s a skin

8 hours ago, Anjelllo said:

Why not? It’s a skin

The phones on display in the store is there for customers to try out. Their purpose is not to get skins in Fortnite... I get that it's stupid that you have to buy a new phone just for a skin (the greediness of big companies continue, I guess...), but not using an demo item in a store for it's intended purpose is just not okay. Now, you might say: "But, it's a phone. It can run Fortnite so that's what intended for.". And I would say that's true... If it's you who is the owner of the phone. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

21 hours ago, Uptivuptiz said:

Charging the equivalent of a brand new iPhone X for a skin is more scummy.

Just now, Mooshi said:

Charging the equivalent of a brand new iPhone X for a skin is more scummy.

As I said in my previous statement:

1 hour ago, Uptivuptiz said:

I get that it's stupid that you have to buy a new phone just for a skin (the greediness of big companies continue, I guess...)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

21 hours ago, Uptivuptiz said:

I don´t see a problem. $999 is outrageous for a skin. Fortnite invites the players to find a way around it.

Just now, Teddy07 said:

I don´t see a problem. $999 is outrageous for a skin. Fortnite invites the players to find a way around it.

But why would they do that, when Epic made a deal with Samsung to get the skin in the game? Doesn't that mean they just tricked Samsung to promote their own game?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The whole thing is just really stupid and a great way to lose respect. I mean damn, I spent $30 to get myself and my girlfriend the $15 Mercy pink skin and that actually went to a charity that raised millions. This is somehow worst than Microsoft shoving Candy Crush on stock Windows.

4 minutes ago, Uptivuptiz said:

But why would they do that, when Epic made a deal with Samsung to get the skin in the game? Doesn't that mean they just tricked Samsung to promote their own game?

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I am not a native English speaker.

I didn´t mean invite in the literal sense. More like that the high price encourages people to find a way around it and fortnite had to expect this behavior. 

Pssst the skin is kinda ugly tbh

Just now, Teddy07 said:

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I am not a native English speaker.

I didn´t mean invite in the literal sense. More like that the high price encourages people to find a way around it and fortnite had to expect this behavior. 

It's ok :) Sometimes I overreact a bit...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

"have been hit by this" xD makes it sound like some elaborate scheme or heist.  Does this even hurt anyone in the slightest?  Like, do the demo units get perma-tied to that account and can never activate the skin for anyone else?  I don't get it.  Seems like a super non-issue.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

"have been hit by this" xD makes it sound like some elaborate scheme or heist.  Does this even hurt anyone in the slightest?  Like, do the demo units get perma-tied to that account and can never activate the skin for anyone else?  I don't get it.  Seems like a super non-issue.

I'm just concerned if the shops is gonna get crowded... But of course I don't know the scale it's at right now. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just now, Uptivuptiz said:

I'm just concerned if the shops is gonna get crowded... But of course I don't know the scale it's at right now. :) 

The shop would like nothing more than to be crowded, trust me.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

The shop would like nothing more than to be crowded, trust me.

I can understand that they want their stores crowded (I mean, they won't sell otherwise), but the stores is for the people who want to buy a product, not use a demo of it to get a skin in a game...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯