Fortnite mobile fans hack their way into acquiring Galaxy skins

4 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

"have been hit by this" xD makes it sound like some elaborate scheme or heist.  Does this even hurt anyone in the slightest?  Like, do the demo units get perma-tied to that account and can never activate the skin for anyone else?  I don't get it.  Seems like a super non-issue.

Yes. The skin can only be unlocked once per device. I assume some sort of unique hardware device ID is sent to Epic when the game is played (which they already do to track and ban cheaters on the PC version). Once the skin is unlocked, it cannot be unlocked again on a device with the same ID. This means only one skin per device.

Here's a bit of bad news — Samsung is making it clear that the skin can only be unlocked once per device, so you won't be able to log into a friend's phone to unlock the skin.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-unlock-the-galaxy-skin-in-fortnite/

Stores do often sell ex-display phones and laptops (at a discount), so it's possible that someone who buys it won't be able to unlock the skin themselves (oh no! :o)

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

I don't really care about the game.
But those people getting the skin on ANOTHER's phone are absolutly repulsive.

And i can only hope they are banned for life for doing it. Also would post their pictures online so i know which selfish hypocritical people to avoid.

Absolutely disgusted by the ones saying its only a skin its ok.
IT IS THEFT! Plain and simple. And everyone partaking should be criminally charged for theft.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

Yes. The skin can only be unlocked once per device. I assume some sort of unique hardware device ID is sent to Epic when the game is played (which they already do to track and ban cheaters on the PC version). Once the skin is unlocked, it cannot be unlocked again on a device with the same ID. This means only one skin per device.

Stores do often sell ex-display phones and laptops (at a discount), so it's possible that someone who buys it won't be able to unlock the skin themselves (oh no! :o)

Ah, well I can understand them not wanting people to do this then.  Without this little detail honestly this is just sort of funny and clever but with that in mind, this is actually a problem, even if it's "only a skin".  Not sure how they could stop this or get around it but I think there would be several easy options.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

7 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

I don't really care about the game.
But those people getting the skin on ANOTHER's phone are absolutly repulsive.

And i can only hope they are banned for life for doing it. Also would post their pictures online so i know which selfish hypocritical people to avoid.

Absolutely disgusted by the ones saying its only a skin its ok.
IT IS THEFT! Plain and simple. And everyone partaking should be criminally charged for theft.

Haaaa...nope. It *is* only a skin. It's Fortnite, it isn't some niche Android only game. I hope Samsung realizes how stupid it to tie a skin for one of the most played games to TWO devices was. When you anger consumers, you kinda deserve it honestly.

Just now, Mooshi said:

Haaaa...nope. It *is* only a skin. It's Fortnite, it isn't some niche Android only game. I hope Samsung realizes how stupid it to tie a skin for one of the most played games to TWO devices was. When you anger consumers, you kinda deserve it honestly.

Maybe for you. But in 1st world country's this is theft.

And i shall report anyone promoting it.

4 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

Maybe for you. But in 1st world country's this is theft.

And i shall report anyone promoting it.

Did you really just imply the US isn't a first world country? lmao excuse me what's with the "maybe for you"? I can't take anyone seriously who would side with a company dicking consumers over a dumb skin of all things.

With Sony ruining cross platform play and Samsung doing this for an ugly skin for exclusivity, I don't see Fortnite lasting much longer.

7 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

Did you really just imply the US isn't a first world country? lmao excuse me what's with the "maybe for you"? I can't take anyone seriously who would side with a company dicking consumers over a dumb skin of all things.

With Sony ruining cross platform plan and Samsung doing this for an ugly skin for exclusivity, I don't see Fortnite lasting much longer.

Sorry i didn't mean to offend you.

And i don't really care about the game nor the skin. But its the plain theft that is condoned that's getting me.

And yes in most of Europe and Japan there are laws about it.
Some country's havent catched up yet, and im sorry if it offends if i call them non-first world country's. 

But since being offended is a choice...

edit- ps, me being an idiot is my own choice. I don't have to be take seriously.

Luckily this matter has two things I greatly dislike:

1. Fortnite

2. Samsung mobile

So I can't honestly find a single fuck to give, lmao.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

I’d like to see epic throw a bone to use Galaxy 9(+) guys. It’s still their flag ship phone and we get shit. 

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"