What’s the worst part of your rig?

MeltyMoon

Dust, dust everywhere. I had 2 fans die on me already due to dust. Eventually I gave up on dust since the dust it's comming from my messy room and for the life of me I ain't cleaning it.

Also, back when I built this rig (like 5 years ago) I though "hmm this case it's only like 40 bucks and it will fit everything nicely, lets go with it" not thinking that having no dust filters would eventually lead to piles and piles of air cans and being paranoid checking for every little sound to hear that familiar failing fan sound.

In fact my next rig priority #1 it's a decent case with tons of dust filters, making sure I have negative air pressure, etc. Maybe even cleaning my fucking room for the first time in 10 years but that seems a bit drastic.

Pantyhose/metal mesh. I use it for almost all my PC builds. You don't really notice it, and you just remove the piece of pantyhose and wash it like you would a usual dust filter.

Is it bad that my dream setup only costs a few thousand not counting the obutto?

CPU: FX-8320

Motherboard: asrock 970Pro3 r2.0

Memory: Team Zeus Blue 8GB DDR3-1600 Memory 

Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 280 3GB DUAL-X Video Card 

Case: Deepcool TESSERACT BF ATX Mid Tower Case  

Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  

SSD: MX100 128GB

HDD: WD 2TB black edition

ram is blue when the rest is silver/black

power supply non modular (no big deal)

motherboard's rather slow boot time even w/ ssd

Abigail: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.5GHz 1.170v / EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti Classified  / ASRock Z97 Extreme6 / Corsair H110i GT / 4x4Gb G.Skill Ares 1866MHz @ CAS9 / Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb SSD / Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM / NZXT H440 Blue / EVGA SuperNOVA 750w G2

Peripherals: BenQ XL2411z 24" 144hz 1080p / ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz 1080p / Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD650 / Schiit Audio Modi 2 / Magni 2 / Blue Yeti Blackout

I despise the fact that the case (an R4) was not built with any radiator support in mind whatsoever. I have to mount the fans OUTSIDE the case (because configuring in push is bad for dust) and that's loud. Even at idle and with the rubber mounting bracket. It overclocks like an absolute dream though, so I'm super-happy with it all the same.

I was a fool and got the non-windowed version because it was on sale. Luckily I have this diamond-wheel Dremel handy... muahahahahahahahaha

I have an SSD and three hard drives in it. two are 120GB Toshiba drives and the other is a 1TB Seagate. All of them are used.

My computer is so dead.

I still have a 2010 HDD WD 500gb

My cooler is red and black

PSU black + blue/white logo and stuff

GPU Black+ blue/black

Case black+red and the power button has a blue led.

MB black and blue with some white.

HDD and dvd/cd thigie are grey

RAM sticks are green.

So my case looks like a fucking rainbow.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

Everything is being bottlenecked by a GTX 460 that has lifetime warranty. And I can't seem to fry the card to take advantage of the warranty..... embarrassing I know... 

and it sucks that things like the 480 and 460 oc so well...... 

over volt it and turn off all your fans. 

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

I'd have to say that the biggest thing I don't like about my main rig is that I didn't get a modular PSU. Having a wire rat's nest is no fun when you're searching for one SATA power or a molex.

I managed to break the acrylic window one day when I brought my case to a LAN party. It drives me nuts, but it's hard to justify buying a new case when this one still does what I need it for and I have to pay the bills  :(

Not being able to go above 4.2GHz without a non-stock air or water cooler on my core 2 e8500

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

my 7870GHZ and my mobo.

Better than my 7850 and my mb

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

How old it is.

It's only about 2 years old; however, I have issues because I want to work on it but since it's so old it would really benefit me more to save up some more cash and build an entirely new rig.

First world problems.

My Motherboard. It's a b75m-hd3, I have a GTX 970 G1 Gaming and an 3570k @ 3.8 

I need a new motherboard! 

That I haven't used her in 6 months due to moving and upgrading... That all changes tonight though. Razer Blade, you are going on the back burner. Hello EVA-02! 

My disgusting case with no room for cable management, and my terrible cable management !

1. Cable managment in my case being that I had to cut out new holes and extend some holes as well as my HDD cables point into the case instead of newer cases where they point to one of the side panels. As well my side panel looks bad but i'm planning to cut a new side window. 

2. No SSD

3. Need power supply that can handle SLI.

4. No front panel usb 3.0 I/O

CPU: Intel i7-8700k 5GHz @ 1.35v | Cooling: EK Predator 360 | MotherBoard: ASUS z370-E | RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32gb 3200MHz (4 x 8GB) | GPU: ASUS GTX 1080 TI OC

Case: Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra Modded side panel | SSD: Samsung 512gb 960 Pro | HDDS: 3TB Segate 7200rpm / 4TB HGST 7200rpm | PSU: EVGA G3 1000w | Display:ASUS VG248QE 24" / HP 25" 2511x / SAMSUNG 35" TV

Ex HDD: 3TB WD MyBook USB 3.0 | Keyboard: Rosewill MX Blue / Corsair K70 Red | Mouse: Logitech G602 | OS: Windows 10 64-bit Home Premium

My mouse and headphones. My mouse is the ouroboros which is just plain bad.

My headphones the q701 are fantastic but is starting to wear. If anyone has a decent suggestion for a headphones that has a similar sound to the q701 I would gladly take your offer up.

•  i7 4770k @4.5ghz 1.248v • Noctua NHD14  •  ASUS MAXIMUS VI Hero •  Asus STIRIX 980 Ti •

•  Corsair Vengeance Pro 16Gb  •  Samsung 840 250gb + Samsung 1TB 7200RPM •  BenQ XL2430T 144Hz  •

•  Fractal Design R4  •  CoolerMaster GX650 80+ •  Razer Deathadder Chroma  •  Filco Ninja 2 Red  •  HD600/HE-4/ Fiio E17  • 

That I got a 3rd gen 1155 CPU (i7 3770K) instead of an 1150 socket cpu.
Because when I am goging to upgrade, I need to upgrade both my motherboard and CPU. :(((

I don't really hate it, but it bothers me. 

Hi <3

The power supply restricts me to putting my 780 in the 8x slot because I'm using the prodigy m and an RM series psu which is way too big.

Dude, the Prodigy M struggle is real.... I feel your pain....

The only thing I dislike about my rig is the setup. Cheap desk with an old but reliable dell mouse. And a 900p monitor.

But being 15 and not able to have a job yet, I can't really complain.

CPU: AMD FX-6350@4.2Ghz GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX2.0 RAM: 2x4Gb Kingston Fury Black + 2x4Gb Corsair Vengeance HDD: WD Green 1Tb SSD: Kingston SSDNow V300 60Gb CASE: DeepCool Tesseract SW

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/fJLRWZ

PSU and that its a OEM pre-built

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

my hdd is ghetto mounted so I have to buy an a 5.25 bay adapter :/

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

Dude, the Prodigy M struggle is real.... I feel your pain....

I ended up moving back to my 650D. I gave up on the whole mobile desktop idea.

My System Specs: (Short list) i7 4770k, GTX 780, many SSD's, a 2 TB HDD(deceased :( ), Corsair 650D. Full list: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/kchriz6097/saved/8dh7YJ

Upgrade Plan: Acquire some Black Noctuas then add 16 or 32GB of 2133MHz memory

My case. The Obsidian 450D sucks balls. Don't get it.

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock