What’s the worst part of your rig?

MeltyMoon

I don't go to Micro Center too often, even though I am within the vicinity of five of them. They're a little out of the way and I don't want to bother my parents with going somewhere to just look at something as opposed to buying it.

As for Fry's, I'm pretty sure they're more West Coast.

I have a Fry's in Chicago

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

Can't you drive yet? and 5??? We only had one in the west coast, and it closed down. Sucks.

No, I don't drive yet. I have to get my license, which will take driving lessons and such. And yes, five.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

No, I don't drive yet. I have to get my license, which will take driving lessons and such. And yes, five.

btw  you should change the font color for your sig. Dark theme users can't see it.

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

So you're 18 and without a license? Damn, ma, what have you been doing? I want one of those 5.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

So you're 18 and without a license? Damn, ma, what have you been doing? I want one of those 5.

I just turned 17...

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

btw  you should change the font color for your sig. Dark theme users can't see it.

Actually, neither can day theme. It just shows grey text.

I just turned 17...

Oh, I thought you were a senior who just turned 18. Where did I read that?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

My rig is pretty sweet, but i hate how 2 of my 14 fans are rattling, and 3 others are slightly noisy. I really need to replace those first two and limit the RPMs of the other 3, then my system would be pretty much silent

I just turned 17...

i dont plan on getting my liscenece ever. xP

i just wanna live in the cities that i like. and those cities turn out to be ery easy ti live in without a car.

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

i dont plan on getting my liscenece ever. xP

i just wanna live in the cities that i like. and those cities turn out to be ery easy ti live in without a car.

you live in portland. you will need to drive. I want to drive just so I can drive girls around town.

Actually, neither can day theme. It just shows grey text.

a quick highlight with that magical tool we call a mouse makes it easy to read. 

:)

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

you live in portland. you will need to drive. I want to drive just so I can drive girls around town.

i wont live here for long. 

there are a few small towns with good internet by a beach with really close by forests... :3

-Jim Hensen

My rig is pretty sweet, but i hate how 2 of my 14 fans are rattling, and 3 others are slightly noisy. I really need to replace those first two and limit the RPMs of the other 3, then my system would be pretty much silent

Try having a computer that only recognises 1 case fan out of the 2 available, and the inability to actually adjust the speed below 100% (silent/optimal/performance are apparently all the same), even with headphones the noise gets distracting, though on the plus side I don't have any heat issues when I overclock.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Try having a computer that only recognises 1 case fan out of the 2 available, and the inability to actually adjust the speed below 100%, even with headphones the noise gets distracting, though on the plus side I don't have any heat issues when I overclock.

i personally would just make my own custom case with a zillion fan mounts, and have it in the other room, ^~^

-Jim Hensen

i personally would just make my own custom case with a zillion fan mounts, and have it in the other room, ^~^

After a certain amount of fans, you can easily turn them down so low in RPM that they don't make any noise, and still keep the system very cool. Apart from 2 bad fans, and 3 that i haven't set up yet, my system i nearly silent. My cpu ranges from 18-40 (idle to prime95), and my gpu ranges from 25-40-60 (idle, most demanding games, synthetic benchmarks)

After a certain amount of fans, you can easily turn them down so low in RPM that they don't make any noise, and still keep the system very cool. Apart from 2 bad fans, and 3 that i haven't set up yet, my system i nearly silent. My cpu ranges from 18-40 (idle to prime95), and my gpu ranges from 25-40-60 (idle, most demanding games, synthetic benchmarks)

im saying so i can run them all at max and have crazy insane water cooling and shit.

hardcore insane high temps should be like 5 above idle. xD

-Jim Hensen

I ended up moving back to my 650D. I gave up on the whole mobile desktop idea.

I wish I had a different case to retreat to... This is my first build....

My CPU won't overclock anymore. I had it at 4.4GHz now it won't go anywhere near that.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

My CPU won't overclock anymore. I had it at 4.4GHz now it won't go anywhere near that.

You probably pushed it a bit too hard.

PMSL

You probably pushed it a bit too hard.

The thing is, it happened after I added a GPU to the system. I had to lower my clocks because my PSU couldn't handle it, then I got a new PSU and it should be fine, but I don't know.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

The thing is, it happened after I added a GPU to the system. I had to lower my clocks because my PSU couldn't handle it, then I got a new PSU and it should be fine, but I don't know.

If that's the case, definitately try a new PSU.

PMSL

Huh, why so? I was thinking about it for my secondary. Any specific issues of note?

I realized the majority of the time that I need the horsepower of a desktop I was sitting at my desk with few exceptions. I ended up moving my old system that was in the 650d into the Prodigy M for a light weight LAN pc that I can have on standby. The old System was moved to the 650D mainly because I wanted a stationary system and the prodigy m proved too small to cool a 780 plus i7.

My System Specs: (Short list) i7 4770k, GTX 780, many SSD's, a 2 TB HDD(deceased :( ), Corsair 650D. Full list: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/kchriz6097/saved/8dh7YJ

Upgrade Plan: Acquire some Black Noctuas then add 16 or 32GB of 2133MHz memory

My Prodigy build having a bad balance of CPU to GPU power... If the Pentium G3258 had been released 3 weeks earlier.... man, coulda gotten a lot more for my money.

Also, Leftovers has a sh*tty case, DDR2, Sata 2, no SSD,  one fan and no options for more - still love the thing but it's far from "bleeding edge" in any way.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||