What’s the worst part of your rig?

MeltyMoon

2rxjom9.jpg

things circled in red. 

...Everything that's not blue. 

System Specs: 

Cpu: i5 4690k @ 4.40Ghz - Motherboard: Asrock Extreme6 z97. - GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 g1. - Memory: 16gig 2400mhz G.skill Ripjaw X . - Corsair H80i CPU Cooler. - PSU XFX 850watt . - 3x Sandisk SDDs. - 5 TB HDD.

• 2 weeks later...

My cable management. I use a BitFenix Prodigy M, which has no options for cable management whatsoever, so I ended up just bundling them up on top of the power supply.

That's pretty much my only regret too, mine's the original prodigy though I have the BitFenix Recon fan controller too, only downside I've found is that it's impossible to cable manage it nicely.

I'm on a horse...

Gaming Rig | Storage Server | Virtual Server | HTPC

That it's not magically water cooling itself, nor is it sleeving its own cables.  Like, man, I BUILT you, go get a job so you can pay for your own upgrades.

My Cooler Master Elite 110 front audio connectors don't work.

Also, I have some motherboard feedback in my rear audio, so if there is no sound being outputted I hear squeaking. 

CPU: Intel Core i3-4150 | MOBO: MSI B85I | GRAPHICS: EVGA GTX 750ti SC | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB) | CASE: Cooler Master Elite 110

I have a Bitfenix Prodigy case and the "handles" have been broken since day one.

The fact that I have a stock Intel CPU cooler and I am always afraid it might come off because the attachment system is such shit.

How loud it is compared to our lasses system, hers is whisper quiet whereas mine has a constant hum that grows to a very loud whooshing noise when I play a game, whereas our lasses computer stays just as quiet as when it's idle.

The K70 I have is wonderful to type on, but the LED's are dying, and I've lost about half of the LED's on it.

I need a better CPU cooler, it's been great, but it's holding back my CPU from reaching the heights it can get to (I've had it running at 5GHz using 1.425V on a different board, but it was way too hot for the cooler so it stays at 4.5GHz until I can replace the cooler)

And the Motherboard has some weird issues and sometimes changes how much voltage it gives the CPU, so sometimes it'll give the CPU over 1.5V, when it only needs 1.285V for 4.5GHz, but for some reason I can't get the motherboard to set it at that using fixed voltage because it simply won't boot, and offset voltage causes the above issue with changing voltages and I can't get it to use less than 1.35V without it failing to boot.

Apart from that it's great, and it plays everything I throw at it with aplomb despite the aging GPU.

CPU: Core i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz | MB: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX @ 1866MHz | GPU: XFX DD R9 390 | Case: Fractal Design Define S | Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO + WD Caviar Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium
Click here to help feed our lasses Pokemon

That my 770 is made by PALIT, which wouldn't be so bad if the 2GB and 4GB cards didn't have a completely different PCB vs one another, so I could replace the cooler with a custom water block.

Also: Molex Fans -.-

" If you don't hand your homework In, I might have find where you live and break your House." <<-- Mr Leat, 2013

i have my monitor propped up with a my little mermaid book and two headphone earmuffs, complete eyesore

My PC occasionally makes the "you plugged a USB thing in" sound. Randomly, for no reason. Its actually really quite annoying!... All peripherals have been replaced and it still does it.

My PC occasionally makes the "you plugged a USB thing in" sound. Randomly, for no reason. Its actually really quite annoying!... All peripherals have been replaced and it still does it.

2spooky4me

• 2 weeks later...

I hate that it is an Alienware.  Also, what comes along with having an Alienware.

COIL FUCKING WHINE

Specs are on my profile page

Teach a man to fish and he ends up sticking a screw driver in a turned on power supply seeing if it still works.        #KilledMyWifeWithABomb            Resolution is just a number

No GPU.

No SSD.

Ugly rainbow color cables showing (must sleeve).

Not enough blue.

Doesn't make me breakfast

The absence of my Logitech keyboard. She left me last night. :(

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

• 3 years later...

This motherboard with DDR3 ram. Still doing me well today but I am planning on replacing it with the ASRock X470 and the old haswell I7 I still use, with the Ryzen 5 2nd gen. 

So then what’s the worst part of your system? It could be the monitor, the keyboard, the chair (if you consider it a part of your computer) Anything!

In my old/standby rig, it would have to be the CPU, an FX 4100.  Even with it at 5ghz, going back a generation of CPU's to a Phenom II x4 at ~3.8ghz would be an upgrade.

Probably the fans. I think other people would consider my CPU and GPU to be outdated, but they work fine for me. The fans, though, I'd like to replace with some nice be quiet! fans.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

the motherboard, because there isnt enough 4pin fan headers so some of the fans have to run full speed whenever the system is turned on.

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s