What’s the worst part of your rig?

MeltyMoon

1 - I hate my rig because for Gaming @ 1080p it's at it's peak (within reason) Adding to my rig now would be pointless without another use case requiring it.

I spose that's not a hate towards my rig, but my use case not being good enough to require me upgrading it...

2 - Possible extra hate required for the 2nd PCIE slot being a PCIE2.0 4x

3 - It's not Jarvis.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I spent too much on an x79 system who's potential I don't take advantage of...  :P

...aannndd the NF-F12 on my CPU heat-sink is damn ugly.   <_<

Nothing, except cable management.

I am terrible at cable management, someone want to come to the UK and tidy up my PC?

I will.  Your treat.    Please and thank you. 

My AMD GPU. I miss Nvidia so badly. Whenever I think about GTX 980s or GTX 780s, I hear Fade to Black being played in my head. Meanwhile I get broken ass Mantle and a house heater (never mind room heater). Also, GeForce Experience > Raptr, Gaming Evolved Experience and AMD's other shitty softwares.

The Dude's PC Build<p>i5 4690k @ 3.5ghz w/ The Crappy Intel Stock Cooler | Asus Z97-K | 8GB Corsair Vengance LP DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz |1TB Seagate Barracuda + 120GB Samsung Evo SSD | Gigabyte Windforce R9 290 4GB | 650 Watt CoolerMaster Gaming Series PSU | Bitfenix Shinobi Windowed | BenQ GL2460 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Brown | Razer Naga Hex Wraith Red gaming mouse | A £0.63 mouse pad from artcow.com

My motherboard and cpu. Switching to a z97 and an i5 4690k when they are delivered.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

My son's computer is the best one in my home, but the orientation of the fins in the Cooler Master heatsink are piss poor for cleaning out dust... or even seeing dust.

okj6qUy.jpg

The Zalman cooler in the auxiliary computer is much more conducive to maintenance.  

lKSYfWU.jpg

My CPU temps (90Cish running prime95)

Shitty case-fans

My mobo only having a PCI-e 4x gen 1.1 slot for my second GPU and only having 2 sata 6Gb/s ports when i have 3 SSDs

CPU: AMD FX8350 @4.4GHz | MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0, 990FX chipset | RAM: 16GB (4x4) dual channel Patriot Xtreme series DDR3 @1866MHz @1.65V | GPU: Asus Radeon R9 Fury Strix| PSU: Corsair AX860i 860 watt | CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S + additional Noctua NF-F12 | Case:Corsair C70 Black | Storage: 3x 128GB Samsung 840 pro SSDs; 1 for the OS, 2 in RAID 0 for games. 3x WD Red 3TB HDDs in raid 5 for bulk storage | Displays: 1x Dell 3007WFP 30 inch 2560x1600 IPS LCD. 1x I-Inc IH253DPB 25 inch 1920x1080 TN LCD | Keyboard: Corsair K70 with Cherry MX brown switches + Blue LED backlight | Headphones: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro | Mouse: Logitech G600 @1100 DPI | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit | 

Mfg/model number: Clevo/W355SSQ | CPU: Intel i7 4710MQ @3.5GHz  | MOBO: W35xSS_370SS, HM87 Chipset | RAM: 16GB (2x8) dual channel Crucial Ballistix DDR3 @1866MHz | GPU: GTX860m 2GB Gddr5 | Battery: 76,960mW/h 8 Cell battery, 3 Hrs full on a full charge | Storage: 1x 128GB Samsung 840 pro SSD for the OS. 1x WD Red 1TB HDD For storage and games | Displays: 1x 15.6" 1080p LCD | Keyboard: Full 103 key back-lit keyboard | Mouse: Logitech M510 | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit |

The fact that my motherboard doesn't support enough fan headers for me to have decent airflow and positive air pressure. Also my side panel fan mounts rattle like crazy when I have a fan on them.

CPU- 4690k @4.5ghz / 1.3v    Mobo- Asus Maximus VI Gene   RAM- 12GB GSkill Assorted 1600mhz   GPU- ASUS GTX 760 DCUII-OC 

Storage- 1TB 7200rpm WD Blue + Kingston SSDNow 240GB   PSU- Silverstone Strider ST75F-P

That my Asus Strix 970 isn't here yet, and even when it does get here I'll have to wait until the 25th to install it.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

That my Asus Strix 970 isn't here yet, and even when it does get here I'll have to wait until the 25th to install it.

Why will you have to wait..?

I hate my current case, PSU, and my GPU.. Those will be replaced soon though.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

My slightly limited SSD storage. I would love to add another 500GB 840Evo if/when they go on sale for some Raid0 goodness.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

My son's computer is the best one in my home, but the orientation of the fins in the Cooler Master heatsink are piss poor for cleaning out dust... or even seeing dust.

okj6qUy.jpg

yo could move the fan to the other side and flip it push vs pull are the same

at the moment all my fans are differant 2 enermax 1 artic f12 1 molex that came with the case and the fan that cam with my 212 evo

and my cpu its a 4570 i want a 4670k

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Why will you have to wait..?

I hate my current case, PSU, and my GPU.. Those will be replaced soon though.

Xmas present. My family is weird, we just tell each other what we want, but then make each other wait to open it and use it lol

That an air 540 case?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

I store a lot of data but I can't justify buying a NAS. I don't have the time and don't want to spend the money. I hate my rig because it vibrates. =_=

NAS is totally worth it, even if you get some cheap pile of junk, it is so helpful if you get DDNS set up on it.

EDIT: Didn't see how long ago this was posted :P

I could, but it wouldn't change visibility or easy access. 

That an air 540 case?

You mean in my picture?  It's an NZXT. 

I could, but it wouldn't change visibility or easy access. 

the dust would collect on the opposite side to the fan (so the side where the fan is now) allowing you to clean the dust without removing the fan

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

Well.. It doesn't have a psu so, yea.

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

NAS is totally worth it, even if you get some cheap pile of junk, it is so helpful if you get DDNS set up on it.

EDIT: Didn't see how long ago this was posted :P

All good, still trying to figure out what the best setup is for me. Thinking of building a 9TB array with 5x 3TB in raid6 in a Drobo 5N. I like the integrated battery since I'd have to buy a UPS with any other NAS unit...

I will.  Your treat.    Please and thank you. 

Haha... Please! Its like a jungle in my computer.. Okay its not that bad but seriously its horrible.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

The side panel does not stay flush without the screw in and rattles -_-

The fact that I'm using a 7-year-old hard drive for mass storage. So noisy.