Is Amazon better than Newegg?

ZeRedz

I got to ask, how's Newegg's packaging? Is their packaging on the same level of Amazon's packaging? As in, do they make sure the product isn't damaged?

From my experiences, both Amazon and Newegg ship items pretty damn well and pretty damn fast, too. I only live a few hours from an Amazon facility so that also helps.

I'd just say do whatever is cheaper or just better for your needs.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

7 minutes ago, ZeRedz said:

I got to ask, how's Newegg's packaging? Is their packaging on the same level of Amazon's packaging? As in, do they make sure the product isn't damaged?

Yeah, Newegg does a good job with packaging. It's not unlike Amazon's packaging, using air packs to help in making sure products being shipped don't get damaged.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Just now, Dan Castellaneta said:

Yeah, Newegg does a good job with packaging. It's not unlike Amazon's packaging, using air packs to help in making sure products being shipped don't get damaged.

Hmm, alright. Thanks for answering my question.

Amazon sucks in every way, just like my name says.?

Newegg has better everything, and as an added plus theyre not Amazon!

3 hours ago, ZeRedz said:

Newegg's packaging is many, many times better than Amazon's. Pardon my French but Amazon's packers are so halfarsed, they get twice the life from a toilet seat. Unlike Amazon, I've never received anything from Newegg that had visible shipping damage.

3 hours ago, Amazonsucks said:

Amazon sucks in every way, just like my name says.?

Newegg has better everything, and as an added plus theyre not Amazon!

You are being too kind to Amazon! Except for ebooks, I quit doing business with Amazon a couple, three years ago because of all the problems I had with their pickers, packers, shipping company, and their so called customer service (talk about an oxymoron!).

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

Being exclusive to any etailer is dumb. Get your stuff with whoever has the right price. If Newegt has something at a nice price, I buy. If I want something ASAP I have Prime. There are times when I'd get the odd thing from B&H. It all depends who wants my money more. :D

Edit: lol at the people bashing Amazon. Everytime I had a bad product I was either offered replacements or refunds. Seldom did I even have to send a package back. The only thing that legit sucks with them is their same day delivery is basically done with Uber drivers that sometimes scan something as delivered when they haven't yet. That's mostly on that individual sucking than Amazon themselves.

On 7/4/2018 at 11:54 AM, ZeRedz said:

Is Amazon better than Newegg? I've been thinking about buying from Newegg because their shipping is a whole lot better than Amazon's. I went on the Newegg subreddit and noticed a lot of people complaining about Newegg. One guy made a post about how he bought a Seasonic PSU from them and it fried his PC or something.

It's more or less 50/50.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

10 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

Edit: lol at the people bashing Amazon. Everytime I had a bad product I was either offered replacements or refunds. Seldom did I even have to send a package back. The only thing that legit sucks with them is their same day delivery is basically done with Uber drivers that sometimes scan something as delivered when they haven't yet. That's mostly on that individual sucking than Amazon themselves.

I’ve never had any issues with Amazon as well so far... And I’ve used Amazon UK, Amazon Germany and Amazon France.

I guess it’s a more geographical thing, depending on where you live?

On 7/4/2018 at 10:54 AM, ZeRedz said:

Is Amazon better than Newegg? I've been thinking about buying from Newegg because their shipping is a whole lot better than Amazon's.

Nobody has ever said that Newegg has better shipping than Amazon before. xD

On 7/4/2018 at 10:54 AM, ZeRedz said:

One guy made a post about how he bought a Seasonic PSU from them and it fried his PC or something.

That's got nothing to do with Amazon vs Newegg.  He got a faulty product.  Sellers don't test products first.

55 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

and their so called customer service (talk about an oxymoron!).

I don't think you know what an oxymoron is. ;)

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

4 hours ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

Newegg's packaging is many, many times better than Amazon's. Pardon my French but Amazon's packers are so halfarsed, they get twice the life from a toilet seat. Unlike Amazon, I've never received anything from Newegg that had visible shipping damage.

You are being too kind to Amazon! Except for ebooks, I quit doing business with Amazon a couple, three years ago because of all the problems I had with their pickers, packers, shipping company, and their so called customer service (talk about an oxymoron!).

Its probably the way the workers are treated that makes them either not care, or unable to care because theyre too physically and mentally broken down by the abhorrent working conditions. 

Treat your staff like slaves who literally have to piss in bottles because theyre not allowed bathroom breaks and you cant expect them to care really.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/girl-13-finds-help-me-11633290

@JoostinOnline 

Amazons shipping is subsidized by taxpayers via the USPS for last mile so it  had better be good. Even people who never use Amazon are funding the delivery of the trash they selland the USPS loses money for every Amazon package they deliver.

20 minutes ago, Amazonsucks said:

*snip*

Stop sharing tabloid articles if you want anyone to  take you seriously.

21 minutes ago, Amazonsucks said:

Amazons shipping is subsidized by taxpayers via the USPS for last mile so it  had better be good. Even people who never use Amazon are funding the delivery of the trash they sell.

We get it, you don't like Amazon. 9_9

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Sorry, I meant to say Newegg's shpping a whole lot better than Amazon's for me. Mainly because they charge less.

6 hours ago, Amazonsucks said:

...Amazons shipping is subsidized by taxpayers via the USPS for last mile so it  had better be good. Even people who never use Amazon are funding the delivery of the trash they selland the USPS loses money for every Amazon package they deliver.

According to the USPOS themselves, that is a myth.

Also, not all of Amazon's shipping is completed by the USPOS. Much, if not most, is handled entirely by other carriers or by their own pathetic delivery service.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

14 hours ago, Age of 9394 said:

Amazons is selling false GPU from other selling, hopefully Newegg will not do that.

Is it Amazon or Amazon Marketplace, though? Only stuff thats sold by Amazon can really be titled to be their fault. If seller is another party and Amazon is only handler, they aren't responsible anyway. Other than handling complaints. I don't know if you know this, but Newegg has marketplace too. Works about same way, I guess. There's no way for host to verify if ads put up there are for real hardware or not. They rely on random checks and customers reporting issues to keep things clean.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I use Microcenter for most things and for what I can't I use amazon. Newegg has fallen from what it once was and I just don't use them anymore.

38 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Is it Amazon or Amazon Marketplace, though? Only stuff thats sold by Amazon can really be titled to be their fault. If seller is another party and Amazon is only handler, they aren't responsible anyway. Other than handling complaints. I don't know if you know this, but Newegg has marketplace too. Works about same way, I guess. There's no way for host to verify if ads put up there are for real hardware or not. They rely on random checks and customers reporting issues to keep things clean.

Would never use newegg marketplace either. Ive seen things placed at 500% normal price just to screw people who dont know better over on there and Amazon is no different.

4 minutes ago, Amazonsucks said:

... and Amazon is no different.

I'd like to see example on stuff that Amazon can afford to have like that. Online shopping is  vicious business and Amazon's way of doing thing is to go cheap to screw competition, and then buy them. Going for overpriced is only a thing with novelty stuff and stuff thats not easily searchable.

Thats another thing you can't really point on single store. Thats the way stores deal with their regular customers. Price might be questionable, but they are too lazy to check out alternatives. Or have understanding on how pricing works overall.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Amazon has really kicked ass whenever I had an issue.  When I needed to exchange a graphic cards due to coil whine recently they sent me a new card in two days before I even pulled the bad card out of my build.  Newegg would never do that.  I'm not saying Amazon would do that all the time, ymmv, but for sure Newegg never would.  

That said, depending on the deal, I wouldn't hesitate to buy from either.

amazon has international shipping for some products

that makes it better imo

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

1 minute ago, aezakmi said:

amazon has international shipping for some products

that makes it better imo

You do realize newegg ships all over the world right? 

4 minutes ago, Amazonsucks said:

You do realize newegg ships all over the world right? 

only with fed ex

they only deliver to the us or europe

only bought 2 items from that site and one of them went "missing", that wasn't amazon's fault though

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

51 minutes ago, Amazonsucks said:

Literally 16 hours ago. Amazon is not always the cheapest option and even when it is its never the best. They also ruined Whole Foods.

Yes i agree consumers are ignorant. Otherwise how would Amazon do so well.

This might come shock to you, but you are bit biased. If you look at exact same card of PCPP link, the price is about same. Your suggestion indeed has some difference, but as I can't see Neweggs normal price (its on sale currently), I can't say how big the cap really is. Prime vs Neweggs sale without rebates is $10 for Newegg. Non-prime vs sale+rebate and you have that $100, sort of, as its actually $90.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

59 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

This might come shock to you, but you are bit biased. If you look at exact same card of PCPP link, the price is about same. Your suggestion indeed has some difference, but as I can't see Neweggs normal price (its on sale currently), I can't say how big the cap really is. Prime vs Neweggs sale without rebates is $10 for Newegg. Non-prime vs sale+rebate and you have that $100, sort of, as its actually $90.

So whats youre point? I didnt even have to go looking for Amazon not being the cheapest. It was literally demonstrated in a thread not even a day old on the very forum youre posting on.

And disliking something for objective reasons can be labeled as "bias" by you?

I suppose i could easily turn that around and say that youre using ad hoc justifications to rationalize purchasing from a company like Amazon.