Is Amazon better than Newegg?

ZeRedz
12 minutes ago, Amazonsucks said:

So whats youre point? I didnt even have to go looking for Amazon not being the cheapest. It was literally demonstrated in a thread not even a day old on the very forum youre posting on.

And disliking something for objective reasons can be labeled as "bias" by you?

I suppose i could easily turn that around and say that youre using ad hoc justifications to rationalize purchasing from a company like Amazon. 

Is your issue with amazon ideological or did you have a poor experience?

10 minutes ago, Amazonsucks said:

So whats youre point? I didnt even have to go looking for Amazon not being the cheapest. It was literally demonstrated in a thread not even a day old on the very forum youre posting on.

My point is that you are claiming Amazon being super-expensive compared to Newegg when it really isn't. You are just making it seem so by using favorable examples.

And disliking something for objective reasons can be labeled as "bias" by you?

No. I dislike Corsair. But I'm not particularly going in face to say that. I just don't use them and prefer not to recommend them, if possible. Sometimes Corsair still is best value and I do recommend it over others. You dislike Amazon so much that you disregard it as option even when it would be at even or maybe better than alternatives. Thats bias towards something.

I suppose i could easily turn that around and say that youre using ad hoc justifications to rationalize purchasing from a company like Amazon. 

You could. And I would pity you for it.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 7/4/2018 at 9:58 AM, ZeRedz said:

Have you every received faulty PC components from them or anything? I'd like to know because, like I said, I'm going to be ordering a Seasonic PSU from them soon.

I've received faulty components from all retailers at some point or another. It's going to happen from time to time, no matter who you buy from, and is 99.99% of the time NOT the fault of the retailer. Products get damaged in shipping, or even leave the factory defective. What you want to look for is a company with good customer service, both when buying the product, but also for warranty from the manufacturer.

This is why I buy from Amazon, and only purchase products made by name brands that I've had great customer service experiences with in the past. EVGA, MSI, ASUS, Crucial, Samsung, Phanteks, Corsair, Arctic Cooling, Noctua, and Be Quiet! are just a few to name from my experience, but again, with anything, one experience will not always be the same as another, so take everything you read with a carton of salt.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

3 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

My point is that you are claiming Amazon being super-expensive compared to Newegg when it really isn't. You are just making it seem so by using favorable examples.

No. I dislike Corsair. But I'm not particularly going in face to say that. I just don't use them and prefer not to recommend them, if possible. Sometimes Corsair still is best value and I do recommend it over others. You dislike Amazon so much that you disregard it as option even when it would be at even or maybe better than alternatives. Thats bias towards something.

You could. And I would pity you for it.

Actually i just said they arent always the cheapest, and that even when they are the cheapest, theyre still not the best option... cheapest doesnt equal best. You do realize that, right?

-= Locked for Moderation =-

Will Unlock Momentarily

Reopened for comments.

Lets remember to stay civil or this topic will be locked.

Edited by SansVarnic

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

3 hours ago, thedude4bides said:

Is your issue with amazon ideological or did you have a poor experience?

Never shopped there and never will. I also never shop at walmart. I refuse to support unethical businesses whenever i can.

Slightly off-topic but;

Let me point out... USPS does do a lot of last mile delivery for Amazon. The myth is, USPS does it for free which is absolutely Untrue; Amazon pays well for the service.

I happen to know from first hand experience of working in the USPS for shy a year. In the post office I worked at (which was a smaller one) sorted about 1200-1800 packages a day for the carriers to deliver and that was just a normal delivery flow. Holidays were insane.

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

18 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

...I don't think you know what an oxymoron is. ;)

I know exactly what an oxymoron is (and it's not a fresh air nut). Amazon's Customer "Service" in no way provides service. Of course, calling it "Service" would be better described as an out an out lie.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

32 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Slightly off-topic but;

Let me point out... USPS does do a lot of last mile delivery for Amazon. The myth is, USPS does it for free which is absolutely Untrue; Amazon pays well for the service.

I happen to know from first hand experience of working in the USPS for shy a year. In the post office I worked at (which was a smaller one) sorted about 1200-1800 packages a day for the carriers to deliver and that was just a normal delivery flow. Holidays were insane.

Then youre aware that USPS is operating at a loss, and losing more money every year. Amazon isnt paying the USPS enough for them to break even on those deliveries, meanwhile Amazon is getting subsidized not only for its deliveries, but also in the form of not paying its taxes.

They also get huge taxpayer funded incentives to attract them to a city in order to line the pockets of local politicians while decimating the local economy.

Its the new Walmart: get subsidized to infiltrate a local market. Take out the competition by dumping and operating at what would be a loss if it wasnt subsidized. Ruin the local economy so people are forced to go to work for or shop at the place that ruined their local economy to begin with.

8 minutes ago, Amazonsucks said:

<snipping is life, snipping saves the electrons from non-snipping abuse>

SInce I do not want to derail this topic... I will say this and if you want to continue you can start a new topic or PM me.

If you have empirical evidence to show that the USPS is operating at a loss for these deliveries I would like to see it (legit source). From my experience which by the way is still fairly recent (less than a year). I have seen no such numbers so to show this, and the numbers I have seen show a break even or positive. [I cannot provide those numbers though, i have no interest in going to jail]. 

As for the rest of your comment I won't go there, to much political, hearsay and opinion to get into in this forum.

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

2 hours ago, TimsTips said:

I would rather support newegg, but I shop much more on amazon. Newegg ships too slowly.

Even when I paid Amazon's extortion...er...had Prime, Newegg shipped a lot faster than Amazon. I usually got my Newegg orders from the Los Angeles area and Newegg would get my orders to me faster than amazon could from their three warehouses around 20 miles from me in the Phoenix area.

Jeannie

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

On 7/4/2018 at 2:43 PM, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Once newegg has to start charging sales tax I'm done using them, since that's their only advantage over Amazon IMO. They ship too much shit via FedEx SmartPost and UPS SurePost, which takes forever. I'm still pissed about when I ordered a cpu from newegg and paid for 2-day shipping and I ended up getting it in two weeks instead because the fuckers sent it FedEx SmartPost.

You do realize that if you're not charged sales tax during time of purchase, than that makes more work for you right? It's not just tax free, you actually have to save that info and input that to your taxes during tax time.

AsRock X99 Taichi MB // Intel Core i7-6800k Overclocked @ 4.0GHZ // Noctua NH-U14S Cooler // Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 // EVGA GeForce 980Ti SC+ // Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD // 2TB WD Gold HDD // Corsair RM850 PSU // Corsair Obsidian Series 750D // Asus VG248QE 144Hz

****************************************************************************************************************************************************

GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 // Intel Core i5-3570k Overclocked @ 4.2GHZ // Noctua NH-L9x65 Cooler // Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 // EVGA GeForce 960 // 250 GB WD Blue HDD // EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G3, 80+ GOLD // Corsair Carbide Series 100R

So I initially didn't comment because to me, other than prime shipping they're both the same with newegg just being better for buying tech parts specifically, simply because they have more info in the "specs" tab and they dont group multiple SKU's together which allows you to get an accurate Review and Q&A section. But I recently came across something that I had come across before but forgot about till yesterday. 

Amazon sometimes sells things as "addon items" meaning you cant actually buy those parts specifically unless you're spending over $25.... Specifically what I needed was a Cooler Master Wired RGB controller for the 200mm fan I bought for my Corsair 380T, because I realized the fan doesnt come with it. Well Amazon wouldn't let me buy it because it was an addon item (Sold Directly from Amazon mind you, not a 3rd party), but Newegg had no problem taking my money.

On 7/7/2018 at 12:07 PM, SorcierX said:

You do realize that if you're not charged sales tax during time of purchase, than that makes more work for you right? It's not just tax free, you actually have to save that info and input that to your taxes during tax time.

It's amazing how people dont realize how taxes work.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

On 7/5/2018 at 9:02 PM, Mooshi said:

...The only thing that legit sucks with them is their same day delivery is basically done with Uber drivers that sometimes scan something as delivered when they haven't yet. That's mostly on that individual sucking than Amazon themselves.

No, whether they work directly for Amazon, or they are independent contractors, Amazon hired them and, thus is responsible for their actions.

Jeannie

On 7/7/2018 at 9:07 AM, SorcierX said:

I have an issue with the State I live in thinking I should pay taxes to that State for online purchases I make in another State. The State that made the sale should be the one who gets to collect the tax. And, if that State wants to get the tax, then it should require retailers in that State to collect taxes, not expect me to do it for them. No way I'm filing tax returns to umnpteen different States.

Jeannie

You can have issue with it all you want, but that's how taxes work.

All I can say is, just hope you don't get audited for it.

AsRock X99 Taichi MB // Intel Core i7-6800k Overclocked @ 4.0GHZ // Noctua NH-U14S Cooler // Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 // EVGA GeForce 980Ti SC+ // Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD // 2TB WD Gold HDD // Corsair RM850 PSU // Corsair Obsidian Series 750D // Asus VG248QE 144Hz

****************************************************************************************************************************************************

GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 // Intel Core i5-3570k Overclocked @ 4.2GHZ // Noctua NH-L9x65 Cooler // Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 // EVGA GeForce 960 // 250 GB WD Blue HDD // EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G3, 80+ GOLD // Corsair Carbide Series 100R