Nvidia have a huge inventory excess problem, 300,000 GPUs returned from a single board partner

Master Disaster
2 minutes ago, yian88 said:

I think you are just being confused by something, i can buy a product i need from you and curse you at the same time if i dont like you and your ways of doing things. Are you still confused? i dont feel like writing an in-depth novel.

He didn't say you couldn't, he ask you why you would, especially since there is a competitor to buy from instead.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

4 minutes ago, yian88 said:

I think you are just being confused by something, i can buy a product i need from you and curse you at the same time if i dont like you and your ways of doing things. Are you still confused? i dont feel like writing an in-depth novel.

By saying "I want your product," you're undermining your grievances against the company. The ultimate "Fuck you" to any company is to simply not use their product. Not using their product makes them irrelevant.

1 minute ago, ScratchCat said:

image.png.ede23cc65f34779103ca56d1a85876d0.png

Fun fact: This guy has a degree in Sports Information and was a bodybuilding promotor.

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

4 minutes ago, yian88 said:

That only works if you don't have an alternative, otherwise use the alternative.

8 minutes ago, porina said:

300k in that context is nothing. I'm not claiming any accuracy on my numbers, this is just to get a feel for the magnitude. It may be that everyone is full of GPUs already so it's 300k on top of that.

I think the more concerning thought is that there may be other OEMs that have similar surpluses and start making returns of their own.  So where 300k extra isn't something to sweat a lot about, 1.5m+ could be.  Especially here at the end of days for this silicon.

1 minute ago, Master Disaster said:

Fun fact: This guy has a degree in Sports Information and was a bodybuilding promotor.

Alien mind transplant side effects :ph34r:

Just now, Master Disaster said:

So wait, how was he invited to the history channel in the first place? I'd love to hear that story while drinking a beer or two.

Okay, then why is the GTX 1080 I added to my Amazon wishlist 2 years ago still not reduced in price since I originally added it?

53 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

Interesting if true, but isn't the way to get rid of excess inventory to sell it at discounted prices?  GPU prices are down, but not under MSRP....

Artificial scarcity seems to win every time. :(

Good because a 1070 is about twice as expensive as it should be, even at msrp

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

13 minutes ago, Deus Voltage said:

So wait, how was he invited to the history channel in the first place? I'd love to hear that story while drinking a beer or two.

That's a bigger mystery than anything covered in the show he presented.

Probably Aliens :ph34r:

That's actually kind of awesome if we see like $300 1070 FEs. I'd jump on those in a heartbeat. Might even buy 2 or 3 to have 1070s in all my rigs if they go on sale below MSRP

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

I would pull an AMD and rebrand at lower model numbers- then just throw the new chips on top of the stack

That's an F in the profile pic

3 hours ago, yian88 said:

They can send me an 1080Ti that its in excess ill pay the shipping/taxes thank you Nfuckinvidia for your caring and understanding. /s

I cant afford a card that a retailer jacked the price up of...

Lets blame Nvidia!

300k is actually relatively small for a company of this size and impact.

3 hours ago, yian88 said:

Broadband internet is an example of this.

3 hours ago, Yoinkerman said:

Good because a 1070 is about twice as expensive as it should be, even at msrp

How do you figure? Why should it be half the price of msrp?

Hehehehehehe

Good! Next time you'll make sure you don't turn a blind eye at that same Taiwanese distributor who requested inventory far beyond what you knew the gaming market could bear and henceforth should have made you pause and say "No, these are mining sales"

Both Nvidia and AMD can quite frankly and pardon my french: eat fucking shit and just sit on that stock or let it go for really cheap, maybe next time they won't throw their core market consumers under the bus for those ephemeral Ethereum bucks.

-------

Current Rig

-------

4 hours ago, ScratchCat said:

Alien mind transplant side effects :ph34r:

They knew he was a threat.

50 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

Both Nvidia and AMD can quite frankly and pardon my french: eat fucking shit and just sit on that stock or let it go for really cheap, maybe next time they won't throw their core market consumers under the bus for those ephemeral Ethereum bucks.

And how are they supposed to magically predict with ballistic precision when there will be a surge of demand based on some speculative thing that just happened to run best on their hardware?

Production also doesn't just ramp up magically either. Nobody can just go "hey, go make an extra 200K GPUs by the end of the end of the month"

5 hours ago, TheGlenlivet said:

Interesting if true, but isn't the way to get rid of excess inventory to sell it at discounted prices?

Not if demand is high, that would be economical suicide. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

If it hurts Nvidia I'm all for it, I just picked up an RX 580 :P

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)