1050 3GB Model Specs Listed on Nvidia Site

Daniel644

Makes sense, I guess.

Memory is expensive, there's no competition in the high end and it's not clear how the miner GPU sell-off will play out, so why release a new generation of cards, when you can bide your time, waiting for cheaper memory, smaller manufacturing nodes, while squeezing all you can out of the existing designs and silicon? They just have to release Touring a month or two before AMD's next gen.

Since 1050 Ti is pretty popular for mining that's why they crippled the memory? I don't get it.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

3 hours ago, Spotty said:

image.png.21fd38af2579184d20718b9adfb727ce.png

it's a 1050ti more power hungry because of higher clock speeds and with 3GB that seems fair for this type of card and memory prices but capped by memory bandwith that probably removes any advantage over the 1050ti. In the end i guess the pricing will decide how good or bad this move is.

We won't probably see low end gtx 11** any time soon, even if the high end 1180ti comes out this year the low end cards should not be released anytime soon and certainly not this year, probably because of memory shortage issues.

in comparison this is the specs for my rx470

MEMORY BANDWIDTH 211 GB/s

MEMORY INTERFACE 256 bit

I guess AMD has to give us higher memory bandwidth to compensate more power hungry cards and Nvidia is going the other way. Our cards are more power efficient so lets max the gpu clock and lower memory bandwith, we can still have a quiet and cool card.

so its an overclocked 1050TI, with 1gb less memory and a smaller interface?... and its called the 1050[3GB] with more cores than the 1050 but the same as the 1050TI... couldnt they at least have called it the 1050TI[3GB]?... NVIDIA just stop

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

6 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

so its an overclocked 1050TI, with 1gb less memory and a smaller interface?... and its called the 1050[3GB] with more cores than the 1050 but the same as the 1050TI... couldnt they at least have called it the 1050TI[3GB]?... NVIDIA just stop

Even that wouldn't be accurate because it would have 25% less bandwidth which is likely a large difference in performance.

This is just further proof that Nvidia hasn't yet grasped the definition of transparency.

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

1 minute ago, Carclis said:

Even that wouldn't be accurate because it would have 25% less bandwidth which is likely a large difference in performance.

This is just further proof that Nvidia hasn't yet grasped the definition of transparency.

seeing as it has the 1050TI core id rather it be called that personally. guess we will see in benchmarks how hard the memory bandwidth cut hurts it

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

seeing as it has the 1050TI core id rather it be called that personally. guess we will see in benchmarks how hard the memory bandwidth cut hurts it

Well considering that they had 100 numbers to work with from 1000-1099 I don't really see what the problem is with them giving it a different name. It's very possible that performance may be around 1050 level in some titles and even below in others.

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

18 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

I wonder how many of these cards AIB are required to make and sell compared to higher end cards with the same GPU die, same goes for the 1060 GP104. I actually see this as hurting gamers ability to actually buy the more desirable cards that people actually want. Stop shoveling shit and focus on cards people already want to buy right now.

2 hours ago, WereCat said:

First they release media focused GT 1030 with 2GB which supports HEVC playback 10-bit and 12-bit, HDR, etc... but you cant watch Netflix 4k because that requires at least 3GB of VRAM on Pascal GPUs.

Then they make the same release with DDR4 but still with 2GB.

Then you got a GTX 1050 2GB so no luck there so you have to either get at least GTX 1050ti 4GB or GTX 1060 3GB which has 10% less SM than GTX 1060 6GB but you would think based on the name that just the VRAM count is different.

Now GTX 1050 3GB ... which is a 1050ti with a lower VRAM count and a lot lower memory bandwidth... what?

Kind of looks like that's the point of this card, along with eating up all of the silicon they have.

I think it also points to yields being really, really high on the Samsung process, so they want to burn through them.

8 minutes ago, leadeater said:

I wonder how many of these cards AIB are required to make and sell compared to higher end cards with the same GPU die, same goes for the 1060 GP104. I actually see this as hurting gamers ability to actually buy the more desirable cards that people actually want. Stop shoveling shit and focus on cards people already want to buy right now.

Was helping with a few build designs in that part of the forum... man, the GPU prices are painful.

Wow........

Nvidia never fails to impress me with regard to their level of stupidity. And if anything this should have been called the 1050Ti 3GB.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

1 hour ago, asus killer said:

We won't probably see low end gtx 11** any time soon, even if the high end 1180ti comes out this year the low end cards should not be released anytime soon and certainly not this year, probably because of memory shortage issues.

If we look back to the 10 series, in order of announcement we got 1080, 1070, 1060 6GB, 1060 3GB, 1050+Ti, 1080 Ti, 1030 GDDR5... and so on.

Point is, we got the high if not top end, and worked downward. A 1050 in any form could still be the value option for some time after the 1180 or whatever it will be called is out.

1 hour ago, asus killer said:

I guess AMD has to give us higher memory bandwidth to compensate more power hungry cards and Nvidia is going the other way. Our cards are more power efficient so lets max the gpu clock and lower memory bandwith, we can still have a quiet and cool card.

That reminds me, think I read somewhere nvidia uses texture compression so may require less vram than AMD. Don't know if that is still current and applicable to all models. It may also help on bandwidth needs too.

26 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Was helping with a few build designs in that part of the forum... man, the GPU prices are painful.

Which region are you in? nvidia GPUs in UK have been comparable to pre-mining levels for quite some time now. Team red are still outta luck.

Gaming system: R7 7800X3D, Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming Wifi, Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE ARGB, Corsair Vengeance 2x 32GB 6000C30, RTX 4070, MSI MPG A850G, Fractal Design North, Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, Acer Predator XB241YU 24" 1440p 144Hz G-Sync + HP LP2475w 24" 1200p 60Hz wide gamut
Productivity system: i9-7980XE, Asus X299 TUF mark 2, Noctua D15, 64GB ram (mixed), RTX 3070, NZXT E850, GameMax Abyss, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, random 1080p + 720p displays.
Gaming laptop: Lenovo Legion 5, 5800H, RTX 3070, Kingston DDR4 3200C22 2x16GB 2Rx8, Kingston Fury Renegade 1TB + Crucial P1 1TB SSD, 165 Hz IPS 1080p G-Sync Compatible

15 minutes ago, porina said:

That reminds me, think I read somewhere nvidia uses texture compression so may require less vram than AMD.

The compression gives more effective bandwidth which is why high end Nvidia GPUs don't use 512 bit buses or HBM like AMD have done.

I am so confused...

Just, why?

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

12 minutes ago, Jack_of_all_Trades said:

So did they just have more manufactured chips than they expect to use and decided to just "add another option for consumers,yey". Or maybe its their ''this card sucks for mining, we are thinking about our gaming consumers" kind of shit ? There has to be a simple reason for the release of this product.

for this I would guess they just have to many of the GPU dies and not enough RAM to make full on 1050ti's so they said fuck it we'll do to the 1050ti what we did to the Titan X (Pascal) to create the 1080ti and just drop a GB of RAM, remember it takes 25% less GDDR5 ram to make this then a 1050ti.

1 hour ago, Taf the Ghost said:

I know. :( A 1070 here still costs around 520USD. :(

Please, stop.

Didn't Nvidia make claims about trying to clear up confusion for customers? By releasing 5 million cards under the same name?
Also, there is one thing that is irking me regarding the memory - what exactly allows them to release middleground  version of 1050, when they couldn't do the same with 1060?

oPawC8h5SfI91YU7_3TgKdg00-7pkbIusFO0kTrt

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

I don’t see any mention of the 4GB GTX 1050 on their website anymore - is this gimped 3GB Model replacing the 4GB model?

7 minutes ago, schwellmo92 said:

I don’t see any mention of the 4GB GTX 1050 on their website anymore - is this gimped 3GB Model replacing the 4GB model?

The 4GB version is the 1050ti

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

If this card came out during the mining crisis when all of the GPU prices were out of wack i wouldnt mind tooooo much. But really....... This card is 6 months late......... Compresses a card tier even more.......... Noone asked for it......... Makes things even more confusing

Nvidia just give us the GTX 1080 6GB and the GTX 1060 2 GB you are hiding behind your back. 

1 hour ago, Spotty said:

The 4GB version is the 1050ti

Nope there's a 4GB 1050 as well. I just did some googling and it looks like that variant is mobile only, TIL.

49 minutes ago, schwellmo92 said:

Nope there's a 4GB 1050 as well. I just did some googling and it looks like that variant is mobile only, TIL.

Ah, never knew there was a 4GB 1050 mobile version, but just checked and looks like you're right.
It's only mobile (laptop) variant though, which is why it's not displayed on the desktop cards page. It's still displayed on the mobile product page so it hasn't been replaced.

Now I'm really confused.

Mobile 1050 is 640 cuda cores, up to 4GB GDDR5, 128bit bus, 999-1354Mhz core clock, 1493Mhz boost clock.
Desktop 1050 is 640 cuda cores, 2GB GDDR5, 128bit bus, 1354Mhz core clock, 1455Mhz boost clock.

Desktop variant has half as much memory, the same base core clock, and a slightly slower boost clock. Does that mean in otherwise identical systems the mobile 1050 could outperform the desktop 1050? (providing power and thermals aren't an issue, equal CPUs, system RAM speed, etc) Heck, even just having 4GB VRAM compared to 2GB should make a huge difference in a lot of games and benchmarks.

Wouldn't mind seeing this theory tested with a laptop that has a 1050 4GB mobile graphics clocked to the same speed as the desktop 1050, alongside the same laptop running display through an external GPU enclosure that is housing a 1050 3GB, and perhaps a 1050 2GB as well. Compare all 3 (or 4 if you include the desktop 1050ti) variants of the 1050 and find out which is king. If LTT end up getting a 1050 3GB to do a review video on it might be an idea for the video. "The new GTX 1050... but is it better than a mobile GTX 1050?"

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

image.jpeg.1c8111ff75500fa37620b93efa5cc2bd.jpeg
That cooler looks so funny

I make Rainmeter things and other art :D

9 hours ago, Daniel644 said:

It's like they want it to suck at mining so they gave it a shitty memory interface.

Wouldn't that be good for gamers?

22 minutes ago, Wyzzy Moon said:

That cooler looks so funny

It's just the Millenium Falcon without the cockpit.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.