1050 3GB Model Specs Listed on Nvidia Site

Daniel644
24 minutes ago, Supportsneedlove said:

Wouldn't that be good for gamers?

About as good as -25% bandwidth and memory capacity could ever be for a gamer.

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

5 hours ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

seeing as it has the 1050TI core id rather it be called that personally. guess we will see in benchmarks how hard the memory bandwidth cut hurts it

Better to be called a 1050 imo. That way if the performance is worse than the 1050ti you don't have to worry about buying the wrong 1050ti version and getting crap performance. Now if you are trying to buy a 1050 and accidentally buy this one then you would probably get the same if not better performance which isn't a huge deal. 

Just now, Brooksie359 said:

Better to be called a 1050 imo. That way if the performance is worse than the 1050ti you don't have to worry about buying the wrong 1050ti version and getting crap performance. Now if you are trying to buy a 1050 and accidentally buy this one then you would probably get the same if not better performance which isn't a huge deal. 

yah i thought about that, but i just prefer things be named after the core rather than performance level. NVIDIA dont give any shits for either and have done both, they just hate being clear about their product lineup

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

53 minutes ago, Carclis said:

About as good as -25% bandwidth and memory capacity could ever be for a gamer.

But wouldn't They be a good value if the lower bandwidth makes them unappealing to miners?

33 minutes ago, Supportsneedlove said:

But wouldn't They be a good value if the lower bandwidth makes them unappealing to miners?

I don't think anything below the 1060 6GB was all that appealing to miners honestly. What happened is likely to be gamers just buying the only cards they could get their hands on which happened to be 1050 series cards. Not that mining is booming right now anyways.

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |

10 hours ago, leadeater said:

Nvidia: "We just want to enable gamers to make more informed decisions and know what they are purchasing"

a7e.jpg

I was about to write about that but you wrote it far more better than I would have.

Really, nGreedia, you can simply f***k off your dirty tactics.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

4 hours ago, Spotty said:

Ah, never knew there was a 4GB 1050 mobile version, but just checked and looks like you're right.
It's only mobile (laptop) variant though, which is why it's not displayed on the desktop cards page. It's still displayed on the mobile product page so it hasn't been replaced.

Now I'm really confused.

Mobile 1050 is 640 cuda cores, up to 4GB GDDR5, 128bit bus, 999-1354Mhz core clock, 1493Mhz boost clock.
Desktop 1050 is 640 cuda cores, 2GB GDDR5, 128bit bus, 1354Mhz core clock, 1455Mhz boost clock.

Desktop variant has half as much memory, the same base core clock, and a slightly slower boost clock. Does that mean in otherwise identical systems the mobile 1050 could outperform the desktop 1050? (providing power and thermals aren't an issue, equal CPUs, system RAM speed, etc) Heck, even just having 4GB VRAM compared to 2GB should make a huge difference in a lot of games and benchmarks.

Wouldn't mind seeing this theory tested with a laptop that has a 1050 4GB mobile graphics clocked to the same speed as the desktop 1050, alongside the same laptop running display through an external GPU enclosure that is housing a 1050 3GB, and perhaps a 1050 2GB as well. Compare all 3 (or 4 if you include the desktop 1050ti) variants of the 1050 and find out which is king. If LTT end up getting a 1050 3GB to do a review video on it might be an idea for the video. "The new GTX 1050... but is it better than a mobile GTX 1050?"

AFAIK mobile and desktop GPUs are equal for pascal. I have a laptop with a 4GB GTX 1050, I repasted the GPU and temps don’t go above mid 70’s. If someone has a 2GB 1050 I’m happy to run some tests to compare.

2 minutes ago, schwellmo92 said:

I have a laptop with a 4GB GTX 1050

Is it running at the desktop 1050 clock speeds (1354Mhz)? Depending on the laptop and how aggressively it will try and manage its power usage, it may be clocked lower.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

10 minutes ago, Spotty said:

Is it running at the desktop 1050 clock speeds (1354Mhz)? Depending on the laptop and how aggressively it will try and manage its power usage, it may be clocked lower.

I’ll check it tomorrow morning when I wake up, it runs a bit over 1600mhz iirc as I had a 150 core offset in afterburner.

Somebody needs to sue Nvidia for false fucking advertising.

Seriously this is intentionally designed to mislead the customers and they will not stop until they stand a chance to lose a substantial amount of money.

-------

Current Rig

-------

But but but but but but but but but but "techno-jargon"!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111

Confusing name aside, this card sounds, idk, alright on paper?  

Like, the 1050 ti is costing way more than it should because of limited supply, so a version of that with lesser vRAM sounds like a sensible response to that.

On 5/21/2018 at 12:25 AM, Daniel644 said:

same reason as the 1070ti and the new 1060 using the GP104 core, use up cores that where to good to go to the lower tier card but not good enough for the next card up.

Wait...

new 1060..?

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

1 hour ago, Sylvie05 said:

Wait...

new 1060..?

yeah there was a post in this section about it already