Moderators Anniversary On The Forum

ErykYT3
2 minutes ago, MultiGamerClub said:

Environmental.. Hmmmm🤔

Not sure what can cause a button to not work..

UP shows volume for the monitor..

DOWN shows source..

UP does NOT go UP.. It just moves downwards instead..

RIGHT doesnt work anymore either..

Im not sure whats wro- Oh for fuck sake the G7 is starting to flicker again..

Fuck i hate this monitor.

By environmental I mean things like power surges, dirty power etc that could potentially be causing it? Are you using the built in USB hub? A poor/faulty port could be backfeeding noise and causing the control board to short... stuff like that.

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

3 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

By environmental I mean things like power surges, dirty power etc that could potentially be causing it? Are you using the built in USB hub? A poor/faulty port could be backfeeding noise and causing the control board to short... stuff like that.

Switched cable from the box cable to the EXIBEL 1,5M cable and.. im not noticing any flicker in the samsung monitor..

But this same cable caused flickers on my acer monitor so..

Also i dont run no UPS hubs and the electricity.. dont think its dirty even if its norway.

Darning the flicker still comes .. Now even multiple flickers.

Took a solid 4 minutes before the flickers came back but still, damn 😕

Not sure what it can be now, its happened on both monitors regardless of the cables.

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

3 minutes ago, MultiGamerClub said:

Switched cable from the box cable to the EXIBEL 1,5M cable and.. im not noticing any flicker in the samsung monitor..

But this same cable caused flickers on my acer monitor so..

Also i dont run no UPS hubs and the electricity.. dont think its dirty even if its norway.

Darning the flicker still comes .. Now even multiple flickers.

Took a solid 4 minutes before the flickers came back but still, damn 😕

Not sure what it can be now, its happened on both monitors regardless of the cables.

Missed that.

A UPS is a good call if you're running into weird issues like this.  

14 minutes ago, tkitch said:

Missed that.

A UPS is a good call if you're running into weird issues like this.  

Might go for that.. Noticing more and more flickers now..

Might just steal my sisters G7 box cable to check if IM REALLY GETTING FUCKED OVER by bad electricity..

This electricity goes through a Thunder shield contacts tho so.. Im gonna switch to the wall and see if thats the issue too.. Its starting to be 12 or 14 years old now.

edit: surge protection contact

Edited by MultiGamerClub

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

29 minutes ago, tkitch said:

Q. Any why do we not have a fanfic subforum?

A. I can only imagine some of the cringe members of this forum could write....

Fixed.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

three pages in one day. y'all insane

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

I honestly don't even read this thread anymore, there's way too much going on.

I will however plug the posts into Google Translate and have it read them back to me in Russian to help me sleep at night.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

1 hour ago, tkitch said:

Why is it not "Moderators of the Fan Fiction Forum?

Adjective Noun on the Adjective(?) Noun

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

3 hours ago, tkitch said:

Why is it not "Moderators of the Fan Fiction Forum"

Because FMOTFF is better than MOTFFF apparently

Any why do we not have a fanfic subforum?

Because

I can only imagine some of the cringe members of this forum could write....

elephants

55 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

Because FMOTFF is better than MOTFFF apparently

MOTF^3

I WANNA SEE JUST HOW CREEPY SOME OF THESE MOFOS GET...

Cuz really...  it's pretty clear in comments that some people are reeeeeeaaaalllllyyyyy into LTT....

2 hours ago, Caroline said:

Mine did the same but also caused menus to randomly popup while I was in the middle of a game, lowered the brightness or contras and even turned off the monitor, only solution was to disconnect the front panel PCB and short 2 pins to fool the thing into believing the board is still there, not like I ever used it anyway, except to set the brightness and colour temperature the way I like it (warm) and thankfully those settings are stored in a ROM at the main control board.

They switched the board but its still bugged.. These technications -_-

Gonna RMA it again tomorrow and show the buttons bugged..

Also im not seeing any flickers when im watching a movie or im playing games.. ONLY when im surfing on the web or writing stuff on the internet like here..

But havent seen a flicker in a while now 🤔

12 hours ago, WolframaticAlpha said:

I know that the LTT forum is clean, but do invision and other forum software give options for region locking of posts that are compliant in one region, but non-compliant in the other?

What does that even mean? Locking a topic means you can't reply, so it doesn't make sense to only allow you to reply to part of the topic; locking posts just isn't a thing at all.

HTTP/2 203

15 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

What does that even mean? Locking a topic means you can't reply, so it doesn't make sense to only allow you to reply to part of the topic; locking posts just isn't a thing at all.

It means that certain subjects aren't allowed to be spoken about in certain geographic areas.  (IE:  Nazis in Germany)

So, some software lets you block topics / posts from being visible to those areas.  (So, a thread about Nazis wouldn't be visible to users coming in from German IPs)

But, I honestly don't get why that would be a thing to be interested in for the LTT Forums. 

14 minutes ago, tkitch said:

It means that certain subjects aren't allowed to be spoken about in certain geographic areas.  (IE:  Nazis in Germany)

So, some software lets you block topics / posts from being visible to those areas.  (So, a thread about Nazis wouldn't be visible to users coming in from German IPs)

But, I honestly don't get why that would be a thing to be interested in for the LTT Forums. 

Ah, I totally misunderstood. No, that is not supported.

HTTP/2 203

harry potter, theres wands and powers and magic and stuff. so this harry potter had his mom and dad killed by this guy named Voldemort, this voldemort wanted to kill harry potter but the love from the mom (or mum as Brits say) was too strong for Voldemort to kill him. Voldemort looks like a snake but not like a snake in a way, in the end voldemort is killed by harry. 

thanks for reading my ted talk on fiction, come back tomorrow for the lord of the rings.

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

1 hour ago, Caroline said:

it uses a DC power supply right? have you measured its voltage or tried using another? digital monitors are kind of bitchy when it comes to voltage

DC power? Probably, i have no idea what comes from our wall and goes to the PSU.

Not sure how to test it, my brothers an electric technication.. Will ask him about this.

9 hours ago, tkitch said:

I have read some LTT fanfictions.

YOU DO NOT WANT TO READ LTT FANFICTIONS.

† 

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
        In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
        In Flanders fields.

Cry havoc and let slip the Togs of war.  (Signature V3)

If you want me to reply, tag me @Tog Driver, Or quote me.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭13:14

3 minutes ago, Caroline said:

I read one once, it was... odd. To say the least.

"odd" doesn't sound too bad.

† 

In Flanders fields.

In Flanders fields.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

2 hours ago, Tog Driver said:

I have read some LTT fanfictions.

YOU DO NOT WANT TO READ LTT FANFICTIONS.

ill... just drop.. this...

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 hour ago, Skiiwee29 said:

ill... just drop.. this...

You dropped something, may want to pick it back up.

† 

In Flanders fields.

In Flanders fields.

1 minute ago, Tog Driver said:

You dropped something, may want to pick it back up.

sorry, was trying to do my best Linus impression, can't make it look and smooth as he does. 

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

6 hours ago, Tog Driver said:

I have read some fanfictions.

YOU DO NOT WANT TO READ FANFICTIONS.

Fixed!

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

15 hours ago, tkitch said:

Why is it not "Moderators of the Fan Fiction Forum"

Any why do we not have a fanfic subforum?

Now take that image and multiply it by one hundred one thousand and you should be right on the mark.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

7 hours ago, Caroline said:

It's usually black and the size of a brick

That brick is huge on the g7 charger/power.. But the flickering have happened on both monitors and the Acer just have a normal power cable.

Delivered the g7 for rma again for screen flickering and the buttons not working properly.. The tech guys dosent come before 13pm so it's a 3 hour wait to see their response.

I will not give up on this monitor unless it's a damn refund..

Also should check if my sister's monitor gets flickering Inside my house 🤔 Then I know something is wrong.. Or steal her cable 😂