Shooting/Gunman at Youtube Headquarters

rcmaehl
Message added by PCGuy_5960

Discussing politics is against the CS. If this discussion continues the thread will be locked.

Glad no one (apart from the shooter, it seems) has died in this incident.

Also, the early responses in this thread are precisely why you're supposed to hold off on making pronouncements about an incident until there are more concrete details.  The initial reports are uncertain or off the mark; your initial theory about the shooting is almost always wrong.

44 minutes ago, rcmaehl said:

Confirmed:

• Gunman was a woman
  • At least 4 victims, no fatalities reported so far
  • Gunman Is now dead due to a self inflicted gunshot wound

The gunman (gunwoman?) isn't confirmed yet. She is a suspect, no one had confirmed she was in fact the shooter.
All we know is a woman was found dead  from apparently self inflected gunshot wounds.

DZ4-8siUMAAQh_Q.png

1 hour ago, BuckGup said:

Probably a gun activist who had their channel taken down because of youtube's new rules

2 hours ago, RKRiley said:

Police have already confirmed the report.

Could this perhaps be some kind of retaliation to their updated ToS on gun videos?

By the sound of it the woman had shot her boyfriend (google employee) and two other women.

I highly doubt this has anything to do with YouTube's recent censorship of firearm related channels/videos.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

31 minutes ago, Catsrules said:

The gunman (gunwoman?) isn't confirmed yet. She is a suspect, no one had confirmed she was in fact the shooter.
All we know is a woman was found dead  from apparently self inflected gunshot wounds.

DZ4-8siUMAAQh_Q.png

Because we all know if someone is in an active shooter situation and they themselves have a gun the best use of it is to end your own life before the killer can do it themselves...

Oh boy Google provides a helpline!

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I hope everyone will recover.

Active shooter at YouTube HQ. Heard shots and saw people running while at my desk. Now barricaded inside a room with coworkers.

If I'm ever in an active shooter situation, I don't think I will be thinking about punctuation. . .

Now at @YouTube possible #shooting

Wait, is this person IN the YouTube building during the shooting?

"There's a shooter here! Must make Tweet with hashtags!"

† 

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
        In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
        In Flanders fields.

Cry havoc and let slip the Togs of war.  (Signature V3)

If you want me to reply, tag me @Tog Driver, Or quote me.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭13:14

1 minute ago, TheClueLessMajority said:

You're in an office space, you've flipped up tables against the doors for additional defense and all you can do is wait.  There's likely few sounds as everyone else has sheltered in place as well, the police will race quickly towards any sources of gun fire but once there is no more gun fire it's a slow and methodical procedure of clearing the building and evacuating employees.  That's a quiet, painfully stressful and anxious time with nothing to do but count seconds that feel like minutes.  It's not abnormal for someone in a situation like that to look to their phone for distraction as well as information from the outside.

Just now, AshleyAshes said:

the police will race quickly towards any sources of gun fire

One hopes.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

8 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

Because we all know if someone is in an active shooter situation and they themselves have a gun the best use of it is to end your own life before the killer can do it themselves...

In situation as serious as these it is best not to jump to conclusions. Yes given the information we have so far it is very likely she was the shooter. But it doesn't take very much to spread miss information around especially in fast acting new like this.

Best not to speculate until we have confirmation.

2 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

You're in an office space, you've flipped up tables against the doors for additional defense and all you can do is wait.  There's likely few sounds as everyone else has sheltered in place as well, the police will race quickly towards any sources of gun fire but once there is no more gun fire it's a slow and methodical procedure of clearing the building and evacuating employees.  That's a quiet, painfully stressful and anxious time with nothing to do but count seconds that feel like minutes.  It's not abnormal for someone in a situation like that to look to their phone for distraction as well as information from the outside.

Makes sense, but because I don't like hashtags, the thought of someone who is in a dangerous situation bothering to make a tweet with hashtags is irritating to me.

† 

In Flanders fields.

In Flanders fields.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

1 minute ago, TheClueLessMajority said:

Makes sense, but because I don't like hashtags, the thought of someone who is in a dangerous situation bothering to make a tweet with hashtags is irritating to me.

During the school shooting students were doing the same thing, and when SWAT broke down the doors they had to yell at students to put down their phones. (they wanted to make sure they didn't mistake a phone for a weapon.)

8 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

One hopes.

That's the normal procedure, it's called 'Immediate Action, Rapid Deployment' though this does assume that your local police service has taken appropriate training for active shooter response.  Basically prior and at the time of Columbine, police procedure was to surround and secure a space because people normally took HOSTAGES but Columbine changed the rules when it's gunmen were instead using the school for their own personal turkey shoot.  Now with IARD even a solo responding member of a police force is to move towards the sound of gun fire, no waiting for backup or securing the scene if someone is ACTIVELY shooting within the area.  The objective is to stop the gun fire first and secure the scene second.  All other responding police will follow this procedure as well and communicate accordingly as they close in on the source of gunfire.

Of course, that's assuming training is in place and procedures are properly followed.

Bonus Tip: If you're securing in place during a shooting and someone at the other side of the door shouts out that they are the police, don't just open the door.  If I was roaming the office, trying to kill my co-workers, I'd totally tell them I was the police to make them open the door so I could kill everyone behind it.

13 minutes ago, TheClueLessMajority said:

I hope everyone will recover.

If I'm ever in an active shooter situation, I don't think I will be thinking about punctuation. . .

By the looks of it the shooter was not in the buildings, they were outside in a courtyard. It's possible they went inside a building, though I haven't heard anything on that yet. All I know for sure is the body was outside an entrance in a courtyard covered by a yellow tarp.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

1 hour ago, Catsrules said:

During the school shooting students were doing the same thing, and when SWAT broke down the doors they had to yell at students to put down their phones. (they wanted to make sure they didn't mistake a phone for a weapon.)

Spoiler

This is the Police! Now Everyone Put down your Phones!!

1 hour ago, TheKDub said:

By the looks of it the shooter was not in the buildings, they were outside in a courtyard. It's possible they went inside a building, though I haven't heard anything on that yet. All I know for sure is the body was outside an entrance in a courtyard covered by a yellow tarp.

Hmm, the shooter could have shot the person and put the gun next to them to make it look like it was then, and then ran away. . .

† 

In Flanders fields.

In Flanders fields.

2 hours ago, imreloadin said:

So if anything happens to a tech company it automatically becomes "Tech News"?

Can't use the word automatic when referring to California. I hear it's illegal, so no one can use it...

1 hour ago, TheClueLessMajority said:

Hmm, the shooter could have shot the person and put the gun next to them to make it look like it was then, and then ran away. . .

Except for prints and lack of him powder on the shooting game. And probably security cameras.

7 minutes ago, Ryujin2003 said:

lack of him powder on the shooting game.

I don't know what that means, yes Security cameras and finger prints will determine if it is the shooter, but that will take a while to examine, what I said could still have been done, that would at least distract distract law enforcement for a while while the shooter attempts to escape.

† 

In Flanders fields.

In Flanders fields.

shooter dead, atleast 4 injured 

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

14 minutes ago, TheClueLessMajority said:

The police were saying it was self inflicted, so I doubt it.

We'll just have to wait and see what security camera footage says. (Assuming they have security cameras)

3 minutes ago, TheClueLessMajority said:

I don't know what that means, yes Security cameras and finger prints will determine if it is the shooter, but that will take a while to examine, what I said could still have been done, that would at least distract distract law enforcement for a while while the shooter attempts to escape.

Sorry, lack of gun powder on the hand. From the blowback of the bolt, assuming it's not bolt action. Forensics scientists would swab the hand to make sure there is gun powder on the shooter.

And sorry for the misspelling... Google didn't like me to stop gun. Even now, Gboard keeps changing it to anything else.

40 minutes ago, TheKDub said:

Shootings are inherently confusing situations.  Further more, even if the police stops a shooter or they take their own life in one location you don't know for certain that you stopped the shooter, you only know you stopped a shooter.  Real life doesn't have a HUD that declares 'OpFor Eliminated', there could just as easily be additional shooters, maybe one in wait to make a delayed attack on first responders or employees in a larger sheltered group.  And this is why after a shooting you will see everyone in the building being evacuated with their hands over their head and spaced out.  Because the police are trying to ensure, for the safety of all involved, that all shooters have been stopped.

23 minutes ago, TheKDub said:

The police were saying it was self inflicted, so I doubt it.

We'll just have to wait and see what security camera footage says. (Assuming they have security cameras)

"self inflicted" means that there was a gun on their person and an apparent bullet wound.

There've been cold cases where detectives discover an "apparent suicide" was actually a homicide.

30 minutes ago, Selah said:

"self inflicted" means that there was a gun on their person and an apparent bullet wound.

There've been cold cases where detectives discover an "apparent suicide" was actually a homicide.

no, self inflicted means whatever damage he sustained was at his own doing.  If it turns out someone else shot him then it isn't self inflicted.  If you dispute what the police are saying you'll have to wait for evidence to know for sure.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

1 hour ago, Ryujin2003 said:

Sorry, lack of gun powder on the hand. From the blowback of the bolt, assuming it's not bolt action. Forensics scientists would swab the hand to make sure there is gun powder on the shooter.

And sorry for the misspelling... Google didn't like me to stop gun. Even now, Gboard keeps changing it to anything else.

They will be able to determine if this was the shooter, but it would give the shooter a little head start if they did do this in order to confuse law enforcement.

† 

In Flanders fields.

In Flanders fields.