Shooting/Gunman at Youtube Headquarters

rcmaehl
Message added by PCGuy_5960

Discussing politics is against the CS. If this discussion continues the thread will be locked.

4 minutes ago, TheClueLessMajority said:

They will be able to determine if this was the shooter, but it would give the shooter a little head start if they did do this in order to confuse law enforcement.

and most times the violence of the act leaves very distinct physical evidence. If they are calling it a SIGSW, it's probably because the evidence is overwhelming in that direction.

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

2 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

and most times the violence of the act leaves very distinct physical evidence. If they are calling it a SIGSW, it's probably because the evidence is overwhelming in that direction.

I suppose, there must be things that I don't know about that the Police would be able to look at for evidence. 

† 

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
    That mark our place; and in the sky
    The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
    Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
        In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
    The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
        In Flanders fields.

Cry havoc and let slip the Togs of war.  (Signature V3)

If you want me to reply, tag me @Tog Driver, Or quote me.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.
‭‭II Corinthians‬ ‭13:14

3 minutes ago, knightslugger said:

This conversation so so stupid.  ONE person is trying to describe a misleading set of remains to allow someone to get a head start on running to Mexico or something.  But the COUNTER argument seems to be thinking that this is some kinda of elaborate long term frame up job...  Both sides of this discussion are effectively having ENTIRELY different conversations without realizing it. o.O

2 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

ONE person is trying to describe a misleading set of remains to allow someone to get a head start on running to Mexico or something.

This is basically what I'm saying.

† 

In Flanders fields.

In Flanders fields.

The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

19 minutes ago, TheClueLessMajority said:

This is basically what I'm saying.

and i'm not saying there's any cover up... unless you're referring to someone else's conspiracy comment? LEO says it's an apparent SIGSW, then it most probably is.

[GSW suicide] is really too graphic a picture to paint with words, especially here.

--

From the sounds of it, she's the only DOA at youtube campus. everyone else (3 others?) are either critical (one), stable (one) and NLT (one). If there are others, they haven't said or I haven't heard. if there are, my first instinct would tell me they either got in her way, or were errant shots. Terrible that this happened really. If it is a Domestic Dispute (which is something else officials have said) it's apparent she went off the deep end about something (jealous lover? Recently separated? seems common enough in DD's) and really needed to seek counseling. Anger management is something I think could deff. play a part in this. it certainly wasn't done in self preservation. Doesn't scream drugs either. Could be a cultural dispute perhaps. I suppose we'll find out what social media has to say about her recent past soon enough. Lord knows all we have is news reports and LEO breifs!

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

3 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

PTDATT?

(please to deacronym those terms?)

Self

Inflicted

Gun

Shot

Wound

Gun

Shot

Wound

† 

In Flanders fields.

In Flanders fields.

49 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

PTDATT?

(please to deacronym those terms?)

Law

Enforcement

Officer

Almost happened to Yahoo some weeks back but the shooter was stopped.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

1 hour ago, JuNex03 said:

Not sure if this article is reliable but:

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/04/03/san-bruno-active-shooter-at-youtube-headquarters/

If true then it turns out it was a woman who was targeting her boyfriend. How the heck did this happen, in a state with strict gun laws no less?

For the same reasons pedophiles manage to get jobs around children.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Dumb. The guy could have done something constructive like take a crowbar to the racks but instead it was focused at humans.

http://abc7news.com/sources-youtube-shooter-identified-as-user-nasim-aghdam/3298575/

Local news to San Fran.

ABC7 News sources confirm the YouTube shooter was a user of the platform. Nasim Aghdam has a website with an alleged manifesto that targets YouTube for censorship and demonetization of her video content.

Aghdam is said to have no relationship with anyone in the YouTube facility.

Sources contacted by ABC7 News say that Aghdam did not have an ID badge, but was carrying a purse, and that nobody in the facility knew who she was.

We'll see if this is the Narrative they're running with.

2 hours ago, JuNex03 said:

Not sure if this article is reliable but:

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/04/03/san-bruno-active-shooter-at-youtube-headquarters/

If true then it turns out it was a woman who was targeting her boyfriend. How the heck did this happen, in a state with strict gun laws no less?

You get the gun where laws aren't as strict.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

2 minutes ago, JuNex03 said:

Oh my goodness, I wonder how they'll spin this.

We've got all sorts of angles coming with this one.

We have:

1. Persian
  2. Muslim (?)
  3. Female
  4. Animal Rights Activist
  5. Vegan
  6. Attention Whore
  7. Ex-boyfriend
  8. Ex-girlfriend (?)
  9. Fitness Instructor
  10. Disgruntled YouTuber
  11. YouTube Demonitization

I give this 24 hours and it's out of the news. A "Vegan, Animal Rights Activist attacks YouTube staffers; Kills Self". That's the information we have right now. So, the media is going to "nope" right the heck out of this story.

I'm seeing a bunch of contradictory information. Can anyone clarify "who, what, why, and how" for me?

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

19 minutes ago, Taf the Ghost said:
  1. Ex-boyfriend
  2. Ex-girlfriend (?)

Sources say that nobody at YouTube's HQ knew who she was.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-news/youtube-shooter-identified-animal-rights-12300064

Since I'm sure people are gonna call me out soon, I take back what I said before.

It looks like this (likely) was a response to YouTube's "censorship" of their channel. (Unrelated to firearms however)

https://heavy.com/news/2018/04/nasim-aghdam-youtube-channel-video-nasime-sabz/ There are some videos from her channel here about her ranting about YouTube age restricting and "hiding" her videos as they aren't getting views.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

4 minutes ago, TheKDub said:

Sources say that nobody at YouTube's HQ knew who she was.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-news/youtube-shooter-identified-animal-rights-12300064

Since I'm sure people are gonna call me out soon, I take back what I said before.

It looks like this (likely) was a response to YouTube's "censorship" of their channel. (Unrelated to firearms however)

https://heavy.com/news/2018/04/nasim-aghdam-youtube-channel-video-nasime-sabz/ There are some videos from her channel here about her ranting about YouTube age restricting and "hiding" her videos as they aren't getting views.

She had a pair of full on "crazy eyes" going, so it could have been because an upload didn't work. 

1 hour ago, Taf the Ghost said:

We've got all sorts of angles coming with this one.

We have:

1. Persian
  2. Muslim (?)
  3. Female
  4. Animal Rights Activist
  5. Vegan
  6. Attention Whore
  7. Ex-boyfriend
  8. Ex-girlfriend (?)
  9. Fitness Instructor
  10. Disgruntled YouTuber
  11. YouTube Demonitization

I give this 24 hours and it's out of the news. A "Vegan, Animal Rights Activist attacks YouTube staffers; Kills Self". That's the information we have right now. So, the media is going to "nope" right the heck out of this story.

How about we just leave it at leftist attacks moderate left company over hurt opinions and money.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

15 minutes ago, mr moose said:

How about we just leave it at leftist attacks moderate left company over hurt opinions and money.

but that makes no sense! WHY WOULD A LEFTISTS EVERY DO HARM TO OTHER LEFTISTS REEEE

2 minutes ago, kurahk7 said:

but that makes no sense! WHY WOULD A LEFTISTS EVERY DO HARM TO OTHER LEFTISTS REEEE

Senseless violence makes no sense.

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

See?

Guns and video games makes people violent.

Guns should be banned so that lawful people will be better equipped to protect themselves.

As for video games everyone needs to pay me 5 dolla and problem solved. I'm a genius.

This why Genghis Khan and Hitler went cray cray. They played too much video games and had easy access to firearms.

Those poor Youtube employees. All they wanted was to demonetize peaceful/educational channels to pinch ad revenue and make the world a better place. I hope no one got hurt.

Hitler = TheLegend27    Confirmed

38 minutes ago, kurahk7 said:

Yep, look up Lindsay Sheppard,  there is a good video she put up explaining what the extreme leftists have done to her trying to ruin her career.  And she was a rather left leaning left voting person.  It's just crazy what organised groups of people do in the name of their ideals.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Apparently the suspected attacker was disgruntled with Youtube after some/all of her videos were either demonetised and/or the rates per view she was receiving was extremely low. Some are alluding that this was the motivation for the attack.

Includes video of the suspected attacker complaining that youtube was discriminating against her
https://news.sky.com/video/aghdam-accuses-youtube-of-discrimination-11316120

image.png.293619f82f35f389caaea7b9a2d7304e.png

Her youtube profile has been deleted, and displays the following message if you try to visit it however it still displays some information in the search list.

image.png.4ceeb9ea0dad04036212c34395e2f434.png

image.png.b99bc1634ac069b4aea26362549a829e.png

All of her videos are deleted, however some youtube users are re-uploading her videos to the service. I won't bother linking them cause they will either be pulled down pretty quickly, and/or I don't want the re-uploaders profiting from the views due to the situation. You can search her youtube username and find some of the videos she has made uploaded by other people. Based on the few that I have seen, the quality of her videos is extremely poor. It would make sense if there were little to no advertisement options available for her videos.

It's my understand that Ads served by youtube are typically bought per category of the videos/channels. For example to purchase ad space on a tech channel/videos may be more expensive than ad space on a fitness video.

I'm curious, could it just have been a case where Youtube didn't have any available ads to serve up, or the payment rate for her category was simply just incredibly low?
I can't imagine non-English Persian-Iranian feminist & animal rights activist, vegan cooking & lifestyle videos are exactly the priority ad space that major advertisers are hoping to buy.

Edited by Spotty
added link to video

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450