Amazon refunded my order twice

TonyTheNain
Go to solution Solved by TonyTheNain,
6 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

Keep it!

It is amazons responsibility to contact you. 

A similar thing happened to me. I did order something for my dad and they accidentally send it twice. My father was honest and send it back. The company refunded me the price of ~ 80 € because they thought my dad canceled his order.  :)

It is not my responsibility to watch for a companies mistakes.

They took back the money without leaving a single message. 

I guess the case is closed!

Hello everyone!

So last week I canceled an order I placed on Amazon. They refunded it and I used the money for something else. Today, I check my bank account and I see the same amount has been refunded again.

I contacted my bank and they said that the  money is mine but I should contact Amazon. I will certainly contact Amazon, but I'm here to ask if it happened to someone else and if it did, what happened?

Shhh... Keep the money. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Keep the money. Nobody shall know. It's not like Amazon even cares, with like 105B to spend anyway.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

@Fourmi_Killer Do the right thing, report it. See what happens, and besides reporting it would help them identify a flaw in their system and they may thank you for it.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

As a depressingly honest person I'd report it back to Amazon.

TBH, if it's a trivial amount they'll probably not be bothered and let you keep it anyway.

not a problemo I guess

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

It's possible one transaction is a "hold" and the other is the real transaction. I've had that happen before with purchases, but not from Amazon. Best ask them.

Just report it. I filed a return before a product arrived, which the seller contacted me, but I decided to canceled the return and I told the seller I was going to do that... Few days later I got a partial refund from them and I contacted them about it, seller didn't contact me back and nothing changed ??‍♂️.

I was in a similar situation to this. 

I sold an iPhone then  TradeMe (NZ eBay) messed up and then refunded the guy, however he had already paid me. I did send them an email regards - but they said it was all sorted. 

So I kept the $350, and sold the iPhone again.

A friend of mine ordered an xbox 360 years back when they were still a new thing and they sent two by accident, he kept hush and got away with it.

Keep it!

A similar thing happened to me. I did order something for my dad and they accidentally send it twice. My father was honest and send it back. The company refunded me the price of ~ 80 € because they thought my dad canceled his order.  :)

they refunded me about 2.5k once on an exchange...  I expected some sort of reward for telling them about that one, but all they said was thanks

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

6 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

Keep it!

They took back the money without leaving a single message. 

I guess the case is closed!