Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Not from what I've seen. At least not any F-250 within the last 20 or so years.

You're in Texas so nothing is big to you, but at least in Sweden and Finland there's actually lots of room for a bigger car. We're not very stereotypically European when it comes to that.

Living in a big city might be different. But most people don't live in "big" cities.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

You're in Texas so nothing is big to you, but at least in Sweden and Finland there's actually lots of room for a bigger car. We're not very stereotypically European when it comes to that.

Living in a big city might be different. But most people don't live in "big" cities.

That is a good point.. Though it's not really being in Texas, it's just America in general. :P

6 hour trip? Bah, just around the corner. Most people I've asked in Europe think a 6 hour trip is far too long. Kinda interested in the opinions of that here.

That is a good point.. Though it's not really being in Texas, it's just America in general. :P

6 hour trip? Bah, just around the corner. Most people I've asked in Europe think a 6 hour trip is far too long. Kinda interested in the opinions of that here.

6 hours would get me to the other side of the country width wise, and probably just under the half way point height wise.

I think the state of Texas is bigger than Finland. But but a 3-4 hour drive is pretty standard if you want to go between two big cities for example. Finland is a very sparsely populated country

I have some Dutch friends. And they think driving 3 hours is crazy. It's not that mainland European in Finland.

6 hours would get me to the other side of the country width wise, and probably just under the half way point height wise.

I think the state of Texas is bigger than Finland. But but a 3-4 hour drive is pretty standard if you want to go between two big cities for example. Finland is a very sparsely populated country

I have some Dutch friends. And they think driving 3 hours is crazy. It's not that mainland European in Finland.

Yeah I think if you have the experience of having to drive or travel longer distances it becomes normal, whereas for those that have a great deal of places very close to them would think you're insane.

Heading out to the autowreckers today to see if I can get a new mirror for my Golf. (Driver's side is currently held on by packing tape :( ). 

The local wrecker here does these "$50 days", where you pay $50 to get in and you can take out all the parts you can carry. :D

Is that the one east of the city? It's the only one I can think of with some poor chap holding the sign all day lol.

ANYWAYS.

Good news! Half of my quadruple auto show weekend is done.

Bad news! Of my 3 SD cards from yesterday, the 16GB one with all my Wheels on the Danforth photos is corrupted and I have no luck recovering the data via software. Which sucks, because there was a 356C, Bricklin SV1, and a Jaguar E-Type (among others) there that morning. Halp pls.

11890416_1630126657276575_74239988556745

The full photo dump will probably be up by Monday.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Is that the one east of the city? It's the only one I can think of with some poor chap holding the sign all day lol.

ANYWAYS.

Good news! Half of my quadruple auto show weekend is done.

Bad news! Of my 3 SD cards from yesterday, the 16GB one with all my Wheels on the Danforth photos is corrupted and I have no luck recovering the data via software. Which sucks, because there was a 356C, Bricklin SV1, and a Jaguar E-Type (among others) there that morning. Halp pls.

The full photo dump will probably be up by Monday.

Awww :(

And can you please spoiler a dump post for us peasants with terrible internet? ^_^

Awww :(

And can you please spoiler a dump post for us peasants with terrible internet? ^_^

Spoilers on spoilers on spoilers are in the works :) 

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Spoilers on spoilers on spoilers are in the works :)

Double-deck spoiler on a car in a spoiler?? :o

Double-deck spoiler on a car in a spoiler?? :o

If you count the Evo X trunk as a spoiler, then yes that's coming as well.

Folding@Home | BOINC

If you count the Evo X trunk as a spoiler, then yes that's coming as well.

Works I guess.

Went for a short drive today and saw this beauty...

9099800f36.jpg

R32 tuned with aftermarket intercooler... it was leaving when I took the pic so I couldn't get a better shot... it also sounded nice on startup...

Also shared the road with a ricer 2011/2012 Civic with dual fart cans... It sounded horrible...

Oh... also forgot that yellow 2012 Camaro that was beside me at a stoplight...

The brigades parking lot is a pretty interesting place.

Loads of cars from different walks of life. My favourite is probably the fox body mustang.

My favourite is probably the fox body mustang.

Great car to screw around with, does noooooot look that good imo. :P

Great car to screw around with, does noooooot look that good imo. :P

I'm a fan of the boxy looks. Does it for me.

I was talking with a friend about mustangs, and I don't think they really have a bad looking generation. I like even the round 90's to early 2000's ones.

I'm a fan of the boxy looks. Does it for me.

I was talking with a friend about mustangs, and I don't think they really have a bad looking generation. I like even the round 90's to early 2000's ones.

I just think that for a Mustang, they're too bland looking in design.

I just think that for a Mustang, they're too bland looking in design.

Yep, they're probably the blandest looking one. 

Off to the next show! Going to have to finish working through these photos tonight.

@MEC-777 

11146598_1630169117272329_34336460384729

11864802_1630169143938993_85093391865824

11895290_1630169133938994_27882987654795

Folding@Home | BOINC

The lights at a few intersections were out yesterday, it's sad how many people don't know that it turns in to a multi-way stop or even how one of those even works.

The lights at a few intersections were out yesterday, it's sad how many people don't know that it turns in to a multi-way stop or even how one of those even works.

You should drive here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jydofy9ix7E

This is what I drive through most of the time...

Internet is too slow to load that but I have seen some videos. Thankfully people here aren't as insane.

If I drive in a city full of sensible drivers, I might be branded as the 'bad driver' or the 'crazy driver'...

You should drive here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jydofy9ix7E

This is what I drive through most of the time...

As a person who lives "near" Manila  :ph34r:

I'd have to agree

Philippine traffic basically limits you to your first three gears

or get into an accident in the process

If I drive in a city full of sensible drivers, I might be branded as the 'bad driver' or the 'crazy driver'...

Effect of being surrounded by people worse than you. :( It honestly irritates me seeing places have people with attitudes like that during driving. Just.. be normal.. and calm..

As a person who lives "near" Manila  :ph34r:

I'd have to agree

Philippine traffic basically limits you to your first three gears

or get into an accident in the process

Oh wow, didn't know you lived near Manila... nice to see someone living close...

However, driving in the provincial roads can be quite enjoyable...

Effect of being surrounded by people worse than you. :( It honestly irritates me seeing places have people with attitudes like that during driving. Just.. be normal.. and calm..

Normal and calm can't really apply if you take 3 hours to travel 15km in hot weather...