Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

18 hours ago, iDeFecZx said:

20171109_083009.jpg

Reason #274 why Black rims look better than white/chrome/any color lighter than the body 9/10 times

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

10 hours ago, WhiteJaguar77 said:

Currently in that process, and I'll look into Philips Crystalvision Ultra.

I enjoy watching LEDs vs HIDS vs Halogen lights videos. Makes me want to fork out the cash. 

I wanna try LEDs, but some of them are known to cause a whole lotta issues, in the worst case, fires.

10 hours ago, WhiteJaguar77 said:

Cops are ticket hungry here. 

In my part of the state, cops rarely give tickets here, but highway patrol isn't as lenient.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 hour ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I think we could do 20 if you do it the Mexican way. :D

I'd rather not break anything or have to move anything yk :P

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

Reason #274 why Black rims look better than white/chrome/any color lighter than the body 9/10 times

They look worse in pics tbf, looks stunning IRL

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

I watched 18 people load up into an extra cab nissan pickup with a bed canopy at my high school to drive to burger king at lunch. 

It's almost like we went to the same high school lol.

There are many reasons as to why I like my job. Cycling 30 minutes through freezing rain ain't one of em

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

2 minutes ago, techswede said:

There are many reasons as to why I like my job. Cycling 30 minutes through freezing rain ain't one of em

think warm thoughts

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

2 minutes ago, techswede said:

You need more disdain so you enjoy the miserable weather.

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

think warm thoughts

I've thawed at this point

2 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

You need more disdain so you enjoy the miserable weather.

I enjoy looking at it from a warm apartment.

Speaking of enjoying things 

203384-2744e45d75bd741b1dcddbac16b592a7.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Reason number 17 to have mudflaps in NY. He's got a funny sticker though 

20171110_121006.jpg

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU AMD R7 7800X3D    Motherboard Asrock B650E Taichi Lite    RAM Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB 5200mhz    GPU ASUS RTX4080 STRIX 

Case Fractal Torrent   Storage Samsung 980Pro 2TB, Crucial P3 Plus 4TB x2,     PSU Corsair RM1000x    Cooling Deepcool AK620

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Geez I never realized how crazy emissions were today. Matt told me he got a tuner for his 2014 sierra (with the 6.2 engine) and he went from 7 mpg (used to be 9 before he lifted the truck lol) while towing to 11 which we guess is due to the ignorance of emissions that the tune provides (must be running much leaner when just cruising)

And he also disabled the 4cylinder mode too (mostly because there's been a lot of issues with that system in the current GM trucks (see: camshaft wear)) and that was his result.

@vinyldash303

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

@warmmilk James has already broken the unlimited FWD track record for Buttonwillow at 1:42.2 but blew a motor due. Lavigne Motorsports is currently building him a new one.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

8 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Is that salt? I don't want it to be salt. 

I dont think so, but maybe. The last few nights have been below freezing with percipitastion though so its possible they've already been salting

7 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

I dont think so, but maybe. The last few nights have been below freezing with percipitastion though so its possible they've already been salting

Did you know a lot of road salt comes from the island I work on? From a company called Cargill here on Avery Island, they are mining salt as I speak below me, probably. lol

I find it funny we mine all the salt yet it doesn't even snow here so we don't use it lol

Spoiler

12 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

@warmmilk James has already broken the unlimited FWD track record for Buttonwillow at 1:42.2 but blew a motor due. Lavigne Motorsports is currently building him a new one.

I got all excited thinking the replacement might include a turbo, but then I read the insta post, sounds like just a longblock replacement.  sounds like it can use a dry sump at this point...

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssss

Folding@Home | BOINC

53 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

what kinda car is that? and I assume it's been in my part of CA since 408 area code on the truck, and I see signs for Fremont Boulevard, so it would be on either interstate 680 or 880 @arnavvr am i pretty close?

34 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Geez I never realized how crazy emissions were today. Matt told me he got a tuner for his 2014 sierra (with the 6.2 engine) and he went from 7 mpg (used to be 9 before he lifted the truck lol) while towing to 11 which we guess is due to the ignorance of emissions that the tune provides (must be running much leaner when just cruising)

And he also disabled the 4cylinder mode too (mostly because there's been a lot of issues with that system in the current GM trucks (see: camshaft wear)) and that was his result.

@vinyldash303

Wow, and I thought a Tundra with a 5.7L v8 would get horrible mileage. That is just straight dismal lol. But how far can he go on a tank?

11 minutes ago, terrytek said:

what kinda car is that? and I assume it's been in my part of CA since 408 area code on the truck, and I see signs for Fremont Boulevard, so it would be on either interstate 680 or 880 @arnavvr am i pretty close?

Wow, and I thought a Tundra with a 5.7L v8 would get horrible mileage. That is just straight dismal lol. But how far can he go on a tank?

he was towing. towing drops mpg quite a bit.

though since the truck is lifted that doesn't help either. idk how far he can go on 26 gallons

Spoiler

47 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Did you know a lot of road salt comes from the island I work on? From a company called Cargill here on Avery Island, they are mining salt as I speak below me, probably. lol

I find it funny we mine all the salt yet it doesn't even snow here so we don't use it lol

Actually most of that salt goes to the League of Legends Community :D 

35 minutes ago, terrytek said:

Its the new Nio electric SUV slated for initial public release in China, but I guess its there for the LA Auto Show. As per the article this was spotted on the 880.

Also a statement from Nio says that there are several of these ES8s in the US for testing.

Folding@Home | BOINC

3 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Its the new Nio electric SUV slated for initial public release in China, but I guess its there for the LA Auto Show. As per the article this was spotted on the 880.

Also a statement from Nio says that there are several of these ES8s in the US for testing.

Hmm, i don't see why it's spotted in the Bay when it's headed for the LA auto show.

2 hours ago, techswede said:

Ahhh, suck up my friend. xD That is pretty much the type of conditions I bike to school in for half the year. You pretty much reach a point where it's 'fuck it, I don't care anymore. I'm going to enjoy my music and just bike.' 

Speaking of which, I really need some rain pants.  

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads.