Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Just now, ImadKnight said:

IMG_3507.thumb.PNG.3459954a53279dc610a3865a78888829.PNGdamned be you, forum. 

HEY I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE ANYMORE

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

4 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

The Genesis, F350, and the S13 all down this week. Damn.

god dammit HG >_< 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

HEY I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE ANYMORE

It's ok buddy. We're all in this together. 

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Advocate for used/older hardware. Also one of the resident petrol heads. 

Also saw this in town today lolIMG_3503.thumb.JPG.3c43daf1084b7b1cb6f270f234354ac2.JPGIMG_3504.thumb.JPG.acf168b1015f5e141d4d7556d392cff5.JPG@RevoltTrain

Custom pinewood case, Corsair CX 600WRampage 3 Extreme, i7 980x (@4.2ghz) with ML240 Cooler MSI GTX 970, 24gb DDR3, 240gb OCZ Tr150 SSD + 2Tb Seagate Baracuda. 

Just now, ImadKnight said:

Also saw this in town today lol@RevoltTrain

Poor thing

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Poor thing

Idk what hurts most, the pointless and stupid spoiler, gawdy paint, fake cf hood or cheapo body kit. 

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

IMG_0057.JPG

Damn. That's flatter than most girls in my class :P

7 minutes ago, ImadKnight said:

Idk what hurts most, the pointless and stupid spoiler, gawdy paint, fake cf hood or cheapo body kit. 

Literally all of it

It hurts so much

26 minutes ago, ImadKnight said:

It's ok buddy. We're all in this together. 

(High school musical song plays in background)

41 minutes ago, ImadKnight said:

I can try photoshoping them on tmrw when I have the chance. 

Good point. Now leave :P 

I am here to stay @ImadKnight???

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

if anyone is ever curious what a transmission cooler looks like inside of a radiator; here you go:

It's smaller tube inside of a larger tube that the coolant flows around. Pretty simple. Less to it than I thought....

@vinyldash303 explains why aftermarket transmission coolers are so effective lol

What vehicle is that from? I ask because the transmission cooler in the radiators of GM trucks looks like a miniature radiator. I found it kind of funny to be honest.

They are expensive and effective.

Its probably a build headache, more then a CPU cooler line.

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

do a compression test... get the bad news over with if that's the problem lol (it's a toyota 4 banger... i doubt it)

i would, but on a 105k mile corolla engine, i highly doubt compression would be gone by now.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

More car shots after being good enough to drive stick fluidly. 

IMG_20170514_184712.jpg

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

Just now, MadyTehWolfie said:

IMG_20170514_184712.jpg

Really like that front lip tbh

That'll be fun to keep clean

7 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Really like that front lip tbh

That'll be fun to keep clean

It came with it stock. I think it comes with the performance package. Rained earlier so I need to detail it tomorrow for when it's sunny. ?

Edit: it also has the side splitters and rear splitter thing on the back.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

7 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Matt sent me this... Some family member's Chevy Malibu with stuck calipers amd no wear sensors so they didn't know till the last minute (and I guess couldn't tell it was dragging somehow)

third set of brake pads in a year lol.

Bruh.

7 hours ago, techswede said:

Been considering finishing my education as a mechanic. Its still a year away but having that would make it easier to find jobs at least.

I should do the same and become a professional Swearer.

5 hours ago, techswede said:

Found a one year long course in vehicle mechanics. That has mostly practical learning. Fingers crossed that it'll be there in a year.

Never been a theory guy. I'm more of a practical learner. So that would be perfect. 

Theory: Swearing at the bolt makes it come out easier.

4 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

The food there was lackluster and there wasn't much of it, good thing everyone ate before they showed up. and the drink tables ran out of both drinks, and then they ran out of cups. Oh and there were no trash cans so used cups got left on the drink tables. 

However the music was great and the event itself was at a really good place and it was awesome.

I have to wonder how much better your school might do that mine when it comes to prom pregnancies.

3 hours ago, Speedyv said:

WTF you're in high school? Why have I been thinking you were like in your mid 20's?!

Strange, right?

2 hours ago, ColonelThunder said:

Hello from the Croatian countryside

I loved going through Croatia, it's so beautiful there. :o

1 hour ago, vinyldash303 said:

-oh look living plants picture-

xD

20170323_145348.thumb.jpg.7473bcdc23219568e1cd1904b2cc0220.jpg

25 minutes ago, MadyTehWolfie said:

Mmm, I can smell the clutch from here. ;)

so, guess it turns out, a simple fix was needed to fix the misfiring on this car. the spark plug in the misfiring cylinder was actually a dud. i put a different, albeit older, spark plug that was replaced, and like it went away. so like there we go.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

3 hours ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

So... I'm back.

I was 50 pages late. I started skimming through them, after the first five I was like, phucc it.

Anything important I missed other than @bcredeur97 talking about his broken Miata, @terrytek complaining about his computer or about not having money, @RevoltTrain being all hyped about modding the SAAB or @chaozbandit posting things from Horizon 3 that I will never achieve? xD

And a week of fruit themed Porsche posts to come 

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

21 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I should do the same and become a professional Swearer.

Theory: Swearing at the bolt makes it come out easier.

Theory - That bolt should come out easily

Practice - FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Changed my dad's oil today in the A6. He went 8800 miles, farthest he's ever gone on a single oil change in his entire life lol

i told him I feel a lot better at 7500 tho. He agreed. 

Also told me his goal mileage wise wise for the car is 200k miles. Hoping to make it to 2021 with it at which point he says he'll buy a 2018 or 2019 model, he says he'll spend a little bit more next time to get one a bit lower mileage. (Remember; he only spent $26k on the current one)

He's at 95k I think right now. So guess we'll see what happens. Will be interesting. He has a full car warranty till 145k.

The rest of the 55k to the goal will all be adventure I guess lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

9 minutes ago, techswede said:

Theory - That bolt should come out easily

Practice - FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Can confirm.

7 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Changed my dad's oil today in the A6. He went 8800 miles, farthest he's ever gone on a single oil change in his entire life lol

Also told me his goal mileage wise wise for the car is 200k miles. Hoping to make it to 2021 with it at which point he says he'll buy a 2018 or 2019 model, he says he'll spend a little bit more next time to get one a bit lower mileage. (Remember; he only spent $26k on the current one)

He's at 95k I think right now. So guess we'll see what happens. Will be interesting. He has a full car warranty till 145k.

I was surprised that the oil in the truck was still brown after something like 8k miles.

17 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

i'm at 184k now and going up 100+ miles a day bc of work.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Had some fun driving up empty  backroads today with the top down :x

Took a couple of quick iphone pics right before is started to rain.

5918f1a536e73_image1(1).thumb.JPG.2b626f4f6cb18a46224730a27cce34b4.JPGimage2.thumb.JPG.4d8c033564fc2e0d8b3184e182a1395c.JPG

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/