Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 minute ago, ColonelThunder said:

Man , id say for such a heavy car , with for US standards a puny 1,9dci diesel , it flies . Also , 6th gear at 130km/h is ~ 1950RPM meaning crazy mileage .

Im thinking of the 208 , its in best condition of all . The Fiesta has been hit in the side , and the Polo ... well , id say the clutch is non-existant but .. 

That's pretty impressive.

The 208 sounds like the best choice here for sure

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

47 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

KTM or bust

My experiences with KTM have left something to be desired.

I'll discount the KTM engines we used in my FSAE days since we added turbos and our own FI systems, but the factory bikes were the super fun, but horribly built. One buddy of mine had a KTM 510 super moto, which was insane, but was the only bike ive ever seen where you would ride for two days without a hitch then when you stopped to fill up with fuel, it had a 30% chance it just plain wouldn't start. Also had constant electrical gremlins in it as well. 

I eventually bought that bike actually. Here's a pic or two of it on studs on a frozen lake having some fun sliding around:

SAM_0215.jpg

SAM_0209.jpg

And of course the turbocharged and fuel injected motor from our old formula car:

2014_04_24_21_00_27.jpg

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

That's pretty impressive.

The 208 sounds like the best choice here for sure

And its "only" 120HP ... only car more powerful iv driven is a friggin Opel Manta ... 

Your Saab is a 5cylinder or ? 

The Subwoofer 

Ryzen 7 1700  /// Noctua NH-L9X65 /// Noctua NF-P14s Redux 1200PWM

ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming-ITX/ac /// 16GB DDR4 G.Skill TridentZ 3066Mhz

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Samsung 960EVO 250GB + WD Blue 2TB

And its "only" 120HP ... only car more powerful iv driven is a friggin Opel Manta ... 

Your Saab is a 5cylinder or ? 

Turbo 2.3L 4 Cylinder

Rated for 178HP and 206 Torque

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Turbo 2.3L 4 Cylinder

Pff ... 120HP and 270 Torque here , but diesel . 

Slikovni rezultat za Opel Manta

This is Le Manta ... probably the only Opel i ever liked 

The Subwoofer 

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

Slikovni rezultat za Opel Manta

This is Le Manta ... probably the only Opel i ever liked 

Saab won't be stock forever. This year alone plans are suspension, intake, muffler delete, boost gauge, aftermarket BPV, and nice wheels and tires

@techswede

Saab won't be stock forever. This year alone plans are suspension, intake, muffler delete, boost gauge, aftermarket BPV, and nice wheels and tires

I guess Laguna only needs cosmetics .. bluetooth , USB , tinted windows and probably a GPS ...

There are aftermarket chips for it but .... i dont know , IMHO it doesnt need more power , but it wouldnt hurt 

The Subwoofer 

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

I guess Laguna only needs cosmetics .. bluetooth , USB , tinted windows and probably a GPS ...

There are aftermarket chips for it but .... i dont know , IMHO it doesnt need more power , but it wouldnt hurt 

Oh yeah, tints as well. Want to get the aero spec front lip and rear spoiler. Getting some clear side markers as well. Want to re-do the stereo and update it. But that will probably wait until next year or late this year. This is a quick rendering of the plan

E4c93KD.jpg

8 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Turbo 2.3L 4 Cylinder

6 minutes ago, ColonelThunder said:

He meant 206 ft.lbs

270Nm = 199 ft.lbs

So..........

@RevoltTrain I didn't know you could do your driving test in a personal vehicle... All the driving schools here have their own cars...

@chaozbandit

Bruh

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

1 minute ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

He meant 206 ft.lbs

270Nm = 199 ft.lbs

So..........

@RevoltTrain I didn't know you could do your driving test in a personal vehicle... All the driving schools here have their own cars...

@chaozbandit

Bruh

Ah ... metric ftw 

The Subwoofer 

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

3 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

He meant 206 ft.lbs

270Nm = 199 ft.lbs

So..........

@chaozbandit

Bruh

I'll be much more comfortable in the Saab over something newer for sure

3 minutes ago, ColonelThunder said:

Ah ... metric ftw 

Gotcha there :P

10 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

@techswede

"V6? Just run. Don't even bother. You put your foot down and nothing happens" Hurr de hurr 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

2 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Out in the open road I've only driven my family's driving school's Nissan Note. 1.5 dci. I mean, it could be worse. It's pretty comfy, but I'd rather do it in the MK4 Toyota Starlet's they had before, learning how to drive with all the assists and shit is no bueno in my opinion.

Gotcha there :P

Now i need to get it dynoed and chipped .. but itl still sound like a tractor . BUT it makes turbo noises so im ok with it :D 

The Subwoofer 

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

1 minute ago, techswede said:

"V6? Just run. Don't even bother. You put your foot down and nothing happens" Hurr de hurr 

To be fair, his daily is a highly modified 5.0 Coyote.

Out in the open road I've only driven my family's driving school's Nissan Note. 1.5 dci. I mean, it could be worse. It's pretty comfy, but I'd rather do it in the MK4 Toyota Starlet's they had before, learning how to drive with all the assists and shit is no bueno in my opinion.

Yeah I hate all the electric stuff. It's so awful to learn with

Now i need to get it dynoed and chipped .. but itl still sound like a tractor . BUT it makes turbo noises so im ok with it :D 

Intake will make the turbo noises much more noticeable.

Along with doing a muffler delete, it will sound glorious

OH HELL NO

The Laguna , not the Saab . 

The Subwoofer 

Zotac GTX1080 Mini 

EVGA Supernova G3 650W 

6 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

i really hated my driving school's sentra. i mean sure, it had nice things like auto climate and steering wheel controls, but driving it sucked. the gas pedal was way too sensitive, the brakes felt way too spongy, and like the gas, way too sensitive, and when you made a u turn, after you finish the turn, it felt like the wheel was gonna break your hands since the steering wheel return was way too strong, and not as gradual.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

i really hated my driving school's sentra. i mean sure, it had nice things like auto climate and steering wheel controls, but driving it sucked. the gas pedal was way too sensitive, the brakes felt way too spongy, and like the gas, way too sensitive, and when you made a u turn, after you finish the turn, it felt like the wheel was gonna break your hands since the steering wheel return was way too strong, and not as gradual.

That's how I feel about the Impala. I just hate it

2 minutes ago, ColonelThunder said:

I really like how some diesels sound. Like this TDI

Skip to about 7:50 to hear it

4 minutes ago, ColonelThunder said:

I know. DON'T DO IT.

To be fair, his daily is a highly modified 5.0 Coyote.

Still real tired of hearing stuff like that. 

Its like riding a draft horse and then complaining that it can't gallop as fast as the prize winning thoroughbred race horse.

I do like the Camaro SS and i will swap something more substantial into cammy later. But man am i tired of that attitude.

Even when i've swapped a v8 into it i won't shit on V6 owners and the people who do are just something i don't need in my life.

I like thatdudeinblue and i dig his mustang. And i'll still stay subbed to his channel. The base camaro is an easy target and i can deal with it.

Its just a low blow.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

12 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

That's how I feel about the Impala. I just hate it

i mean i like the fact that some normal cars today have features that only luxury cars had 15-20 years ago, but the driving experience is just garbage, and it's about to get a whole lot worse when self driving cars start invading sales of drivered cars.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D