Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

A former Fast And The Furious stunt car. Wow

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet

http://www.dodge.com/en/ifyouknowyouknow/

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

I don't care until they announce just what the Charger Demon is.

Pretty sure it's just a more powerful and possibly factory widebody car

7 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

jesus christ, i thought 707 was enough for a production muscle car. guess dodge thinks it isn't enough.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

4 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Pretty sure it's just a more powerful and possibly factory widebody car

I'm betting it'll have the new AWD system.

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

jesus christ, i thought 707 was enough for a production muscle car. guess dodge thinks it isn't enough.

There's never enough. More displacement. More boost. MORE POWER.

1 minute ago, terrytek said:

You can tell from the website it's at least widebody. Or wide rear arches.

I'd imagine if it's gonna be it's own trim it'll have more power

4 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I have issues with that though because they're not even offering the lowest spec V8 with the AWD system, just the V6

I don't think Dodge has the ability to make a AWD system that can deal with it, 

Plus if you bring the sidebar in on the webpage you can see it doing a burnout, or at least a rear wheel spinning

Here's the widebody burnout gif I'm talking about

Video1.gif

Appears they're releasing teaser videos every so often until April 10th of this year.

4 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

I don't think Dodge has the ability to make a AWD system that can deal with it

Frankly I don't think Dodge can make an AWD system that doesn't break on the V6, let along a V8 or higher.

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Frankly I don't think Dodge can make an AWD system that doesn't break on the V6, let along a V8 or higher.

Yeah I see that being an issue, but the Charger has had a AWD system for a long while now. But I feel like they'll mess up the Challengers somehow. They like making cool things then managing to ruin them somehow

11 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

10 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

You can tell from the website it's at least widebody. Or wide rear arches.

I'd imagine if it's gonna be it's own trim it'll have more power

It's the Dodge Demon. Rumoured to have more power than the Hellcat, but still a heavy ass car.

“Most cars attempt to be everything to everybody. Then there are the rare few that revel in a single objective, rendering them totally irresistible to a subculture...The Dodge Challenger SRT Demon is conceived, designed and engineered for a subculture of enthusiasts who know that a tenth is a car and a half second is your reputation.”

That being said, the recently leaked AWD ZF box definitely wont be able to handle that much torque. Granted, it's been a few years since the initial run of BorgWarner grenade gearboxes in the R35, so no doubt Getrag and Hollinger have stronger units available. 

http://jalopnik.com/the-dodge-challenger-srt-demon-promises-to-be-even-more-1791110136

ntwzfccrklkgnw8slh2w.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

32 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

just a little background info, the Dodge Dart Daemon was a special higher hp version of the old dodge dart. Wouldn't be surprised if the updated the old logo for the charger. maxresdefault.jpg

1971-Dodge-Demon-Logo.jpg

Edit: lol just saw @chaozbandit post about the new logo. 

Edited by Maybach123

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

Why not just get 225/55s?

Not a fan of the 55 sidewall on my current tires, want something a little sleeker

3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

You're gonna make your odometer tick over faster with a smaller tire

It shouldn't be more thrown off than the speedo

afasfafs.PNG

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

Yeah but the odometer will get more inaccurate the more miles you put on it is what I'm saying.

I know, I'll just have to keep that in mind when it comes to maintenance 

12 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

It's the Dodge Demon. Rumoured to have more power than the Hellcat, but still a heavy ass car.

That being said, the recently leaked AWD ZF box definitely wont be able to handle that much torque. Granted, it's been a few years since the initial run of BorgWarner grenade gearboxes in the R35, so no doubt Getrag and Hollinger have stronger units available. 

http://jalopnik.com/the-dodge-challenger-srt-demon-promises-to-be-even-more-1791110136

i still think they should give the option of a 6/7 speed manual. then it would be much more fun tbh.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

man it sucks i can't seem to find a 2004-2006 mazda mpv in es trim for sale in my area. i kinda wanna show my dad one so we can upgrade our old 01 DX model with basically nothing (not even power windows) to something a bit updated, with a bigger engine, more options, etc.

10 minutes ago, terrytek said:

i still think they should give the option of a 6/7 speed manual. then it would be much more fun tbh.

Not when you're dealing with four figure power numbers and the only real barrier to entry is having a big enough cheque.

I'm fairly certain the lower spec challengers still have manuals.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

1 minute ago, chaozbandit said:

Not when you're dealing with four figure power numbers and the only real barrier to entry is having a big enough cheque.

I'm fairly certain the lower spec challengers still have manuals.

i mean, the hellcat challenger is available in a manual, and it has over 700hp. i'd like to be able to roast tires without the transmission shifting when i don't want it to.

oh guys a PSA: humble bundle is offering dirt: showdown for free, in case you don't have the game. :D

9 minutes ago, terrytek said:

i mean, the hellcat challenger is available in a manual, and it has over 700hp. i'd like to be able to roast tires without the transmission shifting when i don't want it to.

Thats why I like the automatics where you have to move the shifter to 1,2,3,4, then drive or 5 then drive. They wont shift out of a gear unless you shift it. My old 03 Mustang GT was great for burnouts the auto made it even easier. All I had to do was brake on traction control off foot on gas.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

30 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Yeah but the odometer will get more inaccurate the more miles you put on it is what I'm saying.

+1.2% every 100k miles will be 101,200

not much of a difference tbh...

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

6 minutes ago, terrytek said:

oh guys a PSA: humble bundle is offering dirt: showdown for free, in case you don't have the game. :D

didn't like dirt showdown unfortunately :( 

I just want dirt rally... keep forgetting that it exists though lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

26 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Ive been doing maintainence based on the odometer reading on the S10. Just throwing that out there. 

Oh I know, but it's such a small difference

3 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

didn't like dirt showdown unfortunately :( 

I just want dirt rally... keep forgetting that it exists though lol

Can confirm. Dirt Rally is amazeballs, and has at least another year of life in it before Codemasters begins to move to the sequel. Dirt Showdown was shit.

Folding@Home | BOINC