Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

17 minutes ago, terrytek said:

yeah no, i suck balls if i use my left.

bit of TMI but sure ... 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

3 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

The stranger, you use your non-dominant hand.

Thats not the stranger. The stranger is where you apply a tourniquet for your arm.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

7 minutes ago, vetali said:

Thats not the stranger. The stranger is where you apply a tourniquet for your arm.

Varies by person with just how non-dominant it is.Tourniquets are fancy too, just sit on it.

8 hours ago, warmmilk said:

on the cars that I care about, drive my wire TB's can be tuned with tuning software to act just like a cable TB as far as the driver can tell with his foot.  and a good tuner can tune it for better overall performance/mpg/safety as well.  personally I'm all for DBW TB's as long as tuning software exists for the car. 

my NC also has DBW, but where as most cars from the oems have their TB response slowed down, the NC is actually sped up. the TB opens faster and more to make the car not feel all slow.  the first few people that added boost to their cars had issues with this since the car actually had some power now.  then tuners caught on to what was going on and gave the it a more typical linear profile. 

this could also be part of the reason NC's get such crappy mpg, haha

I think i have a drive by wire throttle on the camaro that is decent.

But i prefer a mechanical connection for stuff on cars. I can live with drive by wire throttle. 

I would like to see a button or something at the throttle body so i can rev the engine when i'm trying to find an issue without getting in and out of the car.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Its tuesday. Have some carbs

giphy.gif

zpgRLr.gif

post-41413-carburetor-firing-up-gif-Imgu

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

God damn I love the 500 Abarth :)

It's such a cool ass car!

I really want to get one now, don't know if I should keep my options open though.

I can get this one:

048_0048.jpg

061_0061.jpg

Which is the Nero color with the white stripe package and leather and heated seats and stuff (pretty much fully loaded), but the only thing is that it's a Cabriolet not a hatchback.... Also it has 36,830 on the odo.

Or I can get this one:

002_0002.jpg

014_0014.jpg

Which is the white one with the red stripe package, and it's a hatchback and has less miles (29,564), but it has the regular cloth seats and stuff. I think the only extra option it has is the forged aluminum rims.

Which one should I go for? I love the black color a lot more but I'm not sure about the whole Cabriolet thing. The black one is also $1K more. I won't put the prices of both cars though because then you all will start giving me other suggestions at places I don't want to get a car from.

Rockstar games <3

Capture.PNG

That's the Big Bird sort of livery (look at the name xD) and the MIdnight Racer is a "replica" of Paul Walker's grey R34.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

5 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

God damn I love the 500 Abarth :)

It's such a cool ass car!

I really want to get one now, don't know if I should keep my options open though.

I can get this one:

Which is the Nero color with the white stripe package and leather and heated seats and stuff (pretty much fully loaded), but the only thing is that it's a Cabriolet not a hatchback.... Also it has 36,830 on the odo.

Or I can get this one:

Which is the white one with the red stripe package, and it's a hatchback and has less miles (29,564), but it has the regular cloth seats and stuff. I think the only extra option it has is the forged aluminum rims.

Which one should I go for? I love the black color a lot more but I'm not sure about the whole Cabriolet thing. The black one is also $1K more. I won't put the prices of both cars though because then you all will start giving me other suggestions at places I don't want to get a car from.

That's a though one. I like the white one more. (Cloth seats are nice in winter and the convertible top would probably make the car a bit colder) 

But then again the convertible would be really nice in summer and i'm partial to convertibles..

The white one has less miles too..Test drive both and then flip a coin? 

@byalexandr whatever you do, don't settle for a non-abarth. Just warning you.

I have a friend who wanted a 500 and I kept telling him "get an Abarth" every single time he asked me. Well he got a non-abarth and now he's complaining about it xD 

(the non abarth's are also considered high-rollover-risk cars, just like the non-ST fiesta's, in fact both are banned from autocross without modifications)

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

41 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

AND as much as I like leather, it doesn't last as long. And then its more to repair when it rips.

My car has almost 300,000 miles and the leather seats are fine :P No but I agree

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

2 minutes ago, iHardware Shelden said:

My car has almost 300,000 miles and the leather seats are fine :P No but I agree

if you're careful with them they should last. But when buying a used car you can't always depend on the previous owner to care for them for you lol

like my miata with the tear in the driver's seat... not cheap to replace either because it's a special edition -_-

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

if you're careful with them they should last. But when buying a used car you can't always depend on the previous owner to care for them for you lol

like my miata with the tear in the driver's seat... not cheap to replace either because it's a special edition -_-

Yeah im surprised mine are in good shape, the car wasn't treated all that "special" for the most part but I know the original owners and they baby the hell out of their cars 

6 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Also what year is that Miata? Looks beautiful in that color, great grandma has a 94' in red but that's about all I know :) 

Volvo is looking for people in charge of infotainment systems. 

Maybe i should apply xD

Every new volvo from 2018 onwards would have single din stereos and nothing else

4 minutes ago, techswede said:

Volvo is looking for people in charge of infotainment systems. 

Maybe i should apply xD

Every new volvo from 2018 onwards would have single din stereos and nothing else

James May got fired from there, good luck :D 

2 minutes ago, iHardware Shelden said:

James May got fired from there, good luck :D 

Won't apply. They want someone with an education xD 

And NEVS is closer so i'd prefer to work there (Until they fall victim to the SAAB curse)

WELL! I just found this gem on CL:

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/5887860978.html

00M0M_5QgTWKTHKmT_600x450.jpg

A MK1 MR2!

I can pretty easily afford this, so I asked my dad and he was REALLY eager on it as well. So I called the guy and I'm going to go see it tomorrow.

EVERYTHING on the car is factory original, it has a lot of miles but it's been really well maintained and I know for a fact you can get 4A-GE engines for really cheap if the need comes up.

But seriously, a mid engine, RWD sports car! For $3500! And these things aren't common either!

CAN'T WAIT to see this thing! So pumped! Hopefully all goes well and I get the car.

55 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

saame...

16 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

WELL! I just found this gem on CL:

http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/5887860978.html

00M0M_5QgTWKTHKmT_600x450.jpg

A MK1 MR2!

I can pretty easily afford this, so I asked my dad and he was REALLY eager on it as well. So I called the guy and I'm going to go see it tomorrow.

EVERYTHING on the car is factory original, it has a lot of miles but it's been really well maintained and I know for a fact you can get 4A-GE engines for really cheap if the need comes up.

But seriously, a mid engine, RWD sports car! For $3500! And these things aren't common either!

CAN'T WAIT to see this thing! So pumped! Hopefully all goes well and I get the car.

YAAAS! LOVE that car. just watch for hidden rot. AW11s are notorious for rusting to pieces.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Applied for a job as a warehouse foreman in florida for a laugh. 

4 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

saame...

YAAAS! LOVE that car. just watch for hidden rot. AW11s are notorious for rusting to pieces.

If i recall correctly they also had an issue of water dripping onto the engine through the vents above it. 

8 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

saame...

I'll make sure to take a look at it. The guy on the phone says it runs really well and he's tuned it up. It looks immaculate in the photos and he said it's garage kept so I'm hoping it'll be good.

But man do I love this car!

More gunsmithing work was done today. Im seriously hoping i can get hired as an aprentice once my internship is done!

Psssssst! @techswede look at these goodies:

IMG_20161213_171036.jpg

IMG_20161213_171041.jpg

IMG_20161213_171046.jpg

IMG_20161213_171105.jpg

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

18 minutes ago, carguy86 said:

More gunsmithing work was done today. Im seriously hoping i can get hired as an aprentice once my internship is done!

Psssssst! @techswede look at these goodies:

So pissed that there isn't a single gun club in my area for black powder guns.. Otherwise i would've been all over that

8 minutes ago, techswede said:

So pissed that there isn't a single gun club in my area for black powder guns.. Otherwise i would've been all over that

Btw, forgot to mention. I started my day with test shooting a 44 magnum black powder revolver:

IMG_20161213_103612.jpg

Ps: i wasnt sleepy after that.... I had adrebaline rushing through my veins for a good while after that 0.o

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600