Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 hour ago, techswede said:

Right i'm legally not obliged to store the previous tenants stuff anymore so i sent her a message stating that

If she doesn't come pick it up in two weeks i'll build a spectacular bonfire. 

I hate people that do that, enjoy your bonfire more likely than not.

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Speaking of foul weather it's been shit in the valley and amazing on the coast. Usually the opposite

Weather here has been generally great lately. Little bit warmer than I prefer during the day for late October but it's cooling down. Mornings and sunsets are awesome though.

3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Speaking of foul weather it's been shit in the valley and amazing on the coast. Usually the opposite

it's the same here. we just got DUMPED with like 3 inches of rain in the course of like 3 hours.

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

If it's not in gear it shouldn't be too hard on anything but if you're in gear you'd be doing the equivalent of dumping the clutch, the car will leap forward and stall. Hard on stuff but shouldn't break anything unless you hit the guy in front of you

so it would stall if it's even gear, even if you have quick reflexes and give it gas?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Not car related. But I'm looking forward to the Overwatch World Cup this weekend.

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

Am I a real mechanic yet?

Your tools are not organized by size or named. So no. You are not

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

I named the 1" impact the drain plug installer

and the hammer is the whackwhack. 

Can you imagine how frustrating it would be for someone if you had actually given your tools people names.

"Could you hand me Geoff, Geordie and Stephen?" 

-"The what!?" 

Just imagined someone using a torque wrench to tighten a bolt that doesn't require a torque wrench and the owner going.

"PUT ALAN DOWN!" 

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

20 hours ago, Lays said:

I already looked online it was really cheap, I'm 23 and I have a flawless record, it was 56$ a month for liability on the 600cc and smaller bikes were about 40$.

I ended up getting a gorgeous 2008 ninja 250 with 6000 miles on it for 1700$.

nice, make sure you get some good gear and have fun riding 

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

"OMG ALAN ARE YOU OKAY?!"

"HE WAS USING YOU"

*Looks down at the torque setting*

"Oh.. My... God.. CALL A REPAIR SHOP!. ALAN! STAY WITH MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

12 minutes ago, techswede said:

Can you imagine how frustrating it would be for someone if you had actually given your tools people names.

"Could you hand me Geoff, Geordie and Stephen?" 

-"The what!?" 

Just imagined someone using a torque wrench to tighten a bolt that doesn't require a torque wrench and the owner going.

"PUT ALAN DOWN!" 

"Dammit Dad, put Madeline Down!"

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

A friend of mine wants to get their drivers license.

And asked if i could teach her..

She does not own a car.

This would mean a complete newbie would drive my camaro.

Hell no. No. Fuck no. No. Nein. Nej. Non!. 

14 minutes ago, techswede said:

*Looks down at the torque setting*

"Oh.. My... God.. CALL A REPAIR SHOP!. ALAN! STAY WITH MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

At school i once saw a huge guy put a torque wrench to its Max torque setting and jump on the torque wrench to tighten the bolt.....

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

1 minute ago, Strando123 said:

At school i once saw a huge guy put a torque wrench to its Max torque setting and jump on the torque wrench to tighten the bolt.....

84085-Seinfeld-shudder-cringe-gif-Im-ZGO

6 minutes ago, techswede said:

A friend of mine wants to get their drivers license.

And asked if i could teach her..

She does not own a car.

This would mean a complete newbie would drive my camaro.

Hell no. No. Fuck no. No. Nein. Nej. Non!. 

Gokart! :D

Just now, techswede said:

He set it to the needed torque, tightened until the wrench went "click click" retried "click click" *mumbeling about the wrench being broken* and then proceed to set it to its Max torque and jump on it...

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

1 hour ago, terrytek said:

hey @vetali quick question

let's say i was holding the clutch while the engine is running and the car is moving, and my foot accidentally slips off the clutch pedal, causing the clutch to deactivate. would it cause any damage if my foot accidentally slipped off the clutch, because i'm assuming the clutch plates will smash against each other when you release the clutch pedal suddenly. just asking in case it ever happens.

there is a chance of dislodging a spring and/or separating the clutch inner hub from the outer friction material depending on how hard you drop it and what RPM/how fast you are going. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

3 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Anything exciting happen this week?

I got sick, VR6 is done, getting raise, something big happening Monday.

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 32GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Logitech G815 / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD 599

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / S23 Ultra

19 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

He set it to the needed torque, tightened until the wrench went "click click" retried "click click" *mumbeling about the wrench being broken* and then proceed to set it to its Max torque and jump on it...

Oh man if people do that...

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Oh man if people do that...

He did, he got in trouble and now he hasnt done it ever since. (He still leaves the tig welder powered on after using it, he also usualy forgets to turn the bandsaw off after use

... Oh and i once witnessed him kick a toolchest drawer shut because the tools he threw into it didnt quite fit the drawer.....

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

32 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Gokart! :D

Needs to be a two seater xD 

11 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

He did, he got in trouble and now he hasnt done it ever since. (He still leaves the tig welder powered on after using it, he also usualy forgets to turn the bandsaw off after use

... Oh and i once witnessed him kick a toolchest drawer shut because the tools he threw into it didnt quite fit the drawer.....

Yeah that person should never be allowed around any tools whatsoever.

6 minutes ago, techswede said:

Needs to be a two seater xD 

Why are you suicidal? :P

2 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Yeah that person should never be allowed around ANYTHING

FTFY

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

1 minute ago, Strando123 said:

Kind of want Artis to do a car for me at some point. 

A pattern that isn't quite as deeply stamped in the metal

cc1ff408bb2fd5f4b5e6ab524579433f.jpg

And then a coat of paint over it. So it would be really subtle. So at first glance it looks like its just been painted. But when you look closer you notice it.

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Why are you suicidal? :P

Swedish laws xD 

5 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

that's seriously impressive. like i imagine that would take weeks to do all that engraving by hand.

31 minutes ago, vetali said:

there is a chance of dislodging a spring and/or separating the clutch inner hub from the outer friction material depending on how hard you drop it and what RPM/how fast you are going. 

so which way could possibly cause more damage? when you're at a stop and you start off  and rev in order to slide the gear into first, or when you're on the freeway and you pull, and you shift from 4th to 5th at near freeway speeds?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D