Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

@MEC-777 This sunday should be interesting...

Since when were the curbs in Mexico City as bad as Austria?

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

8 minutes ago, warmmilk said:

Wow that does sound pretty appealing... 

Have a a feeling it'll be really expensive and not available here though :/

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

2 hours ago, GlassBomb said:

ahhahaha... that movie was ridiculous.  I was cringing pretty much the whole time I was watching it

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Wow that does sound pretty appealing... 

Have a a feeling it'll be really expensive and not available here though :/

idk about really expensive, I mean its a hyundai after all...  If I had to guess, I'd say prolly in the 30-40k range.

the US is their biggest market (well maybe China), it'd be stupid for them not to sell it here, plausible, but stupid

2 hours ago, Mister2010 said:

waaaiiiiitt .... Avenged sevenfold has a new album? xD 

Local radio station here has been playing the new song fairly often.

For anyone that cares:

12 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Local radio station here has been playing the new song fairly often.

For anyone that cares:

i knew about the song ... i quite like it :D

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

chevrolet_camaro_2001_v%EF%BF%BD%EF%BF%B

tumblr_m5txhnMTUp1rqlfp9.gif

Wants vs finances.. Why can't you ever get along.. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

2 hours ago, Mister2010 said:

waaaiiiiitt .... Avenged sevenfold has a new album? xD 

Yeah! It's also named The Stage. just like the single. It's SO GOOD

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

EcdPmNV.gif

As a kid I always thought you could actually make that jump. I guess not.

Story behind this?

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

1 hour ago, warmmilk said:

oooooooooooooooh, i kinda wanna drive around in that thing. i'd be pissed if hyundai doesn't offer it in a manual. i think they'd be crazy not to offer a manual.

2 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

12 gallons... lol

lol, my protege tank isn't much bigger lmao at 14 gallons.

2 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

My Mazda 3 (MZR) is the same way. With a light foot, my fuel mileage approaches that of the Skyactiv models, but jam my foot in it, and it can get expensive. 

Ran my 65 watt H9 bulbs again today. Was a very big help in the fog where the high beams would just throw glare everywhere. Will throw the stockers back in for the drive home though. 

the protege still burns fuel regardless of whether you have a heavy or a light foot. economy car my ass. it can drive about 170 miles in one day, and i'd have to fill it up.

7 hours ago, Real_PhillBert said:

I would have liked that, but you cant pick a la carte, you have to add $6000 worth of other shit to get the heated Recaros, I decided it wasnt worth 25% of the price of the car. 

that's honestly suckish. manufacturers should allow you to purchase options one by one, not as a package. who thought it was smart to offer packages? i mean, they're sometimes convenient when you want all the features, but when you want to save money, but still have some features, it's best to select them yourself one by one.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

27 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

EcdPmNV.gif

he could of made it if he was going ~30 mph faster

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

6 hours ago, Midnitewarrior4 said:

plz call your insurance company first, depending on age the cost might be more then you think.... at 17 my bike insurance for a 2011 250 enduro just for basic coverage no fire and theft and under my parents name comes up just short of 3000$ a year, and my 1986 600 sport bike is just under 8000$ a year

I already looked online it was really cheap, I'm 23 and I have a flawless record, it was 56$ a month for liability on the 600cc and smaller bikes were about 40$.

I ended up getting a gorgeous 2008 ninja 250 with 6000 miles on it for 1700$.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

13 minutes ago, terrytek said:

oooooooooooooooh, i kinda wanna drive around in that thing. i'd be pissed if hyundai doesn't offer it in a manual. i think they'd be crazy not to offer a manual.

lol, my protege tank isn't much bigger lmao at 14 gallons.

the protege still burns fuel regardless of whether you have a heavy or a light foot. economy car my ass. it can drive about 170 miles in one day, and i'd have to fill it up.

that's honestly suckish. manufacturers should allow you to purchase options one by one, not as a package. who thought it was smart to offer packages? i mean, they're sometimes convenient when you want all the features, but when you want to save money, but still have some features, it's best to select them yourself one by one.

protege is that bad on gas? I think something is wrong with yours lol, perhaps change the AFR sensor or something if you never have... i can get 200-240 miles with my 12 gallon tank on my miata (filling up at a quarter left) usually. 

My corolla was so good on gas.... regular gas and I never got it below 30mpg, even putting your foot down all the time lol. the tank was a bit small too, around 12 gallons. but I would go 260-300 miles on a tank, filling up at a quarter left.

Spoiler

30 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Story behind this?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

he could of made it if he was going ~30 mph faster

Somebody will try that and still fail. :P

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Somebody will try that and still fail. :P

hey it's all for our entertainment xD

It certainly won't be me trying it...

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

protege is that bad on gas? I think something is wrong with yours lol, perhaps change the AFR sensor or something if you never have... i can get 200-240 miles with my 12 gallon tank on my miata (filling up at a quarter left) usually. 

My corolla was so good on gas.... regular gas and I never got it below 30mpg, even putting your foot down all the time lol. the tank was a bit small too, around 12 gallons. but I would go 260-300 miles on a tank, filling up at a quarter left.

the afr sensor (technically an o2 sensor) has been changed i think once or twice in its lifetime. but i think gearing has something to do with poor mileage, since most of those miles are freeway, and the engine turns at between 3500-4000 rpm at 70mph because it's got such short gearing. i'd expect some long gearing with such an econobox.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Just now, terrytek said:

the afr sensor (technically an o2 sensor) has been changed i think once or twice in its lifetime. but i think gearing has something to do with poor mileage, since most of those miles are freeway, and the engine turns at between 3500-4000 rpm at 70mph because it's got such short gearing. i'd expect some long gearing with such an econobox.

that's interesting. sounds like my miata. 70mph -> ~3400 rpm

but I can get high 20's doing that though... (maybe even low 30's I haven't been able to accurately measure yet due to some pump-stopping-too-soon issues that ive been "debugging") 

Spoiler

42 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

EcdPmNV.gif

forgot he's not playing GTA5...

23 minutes ago, terrytek said:

I'd be ok if it had a good dual clutch paddle gearbox, but being hyandai I don't think they have the pockets for it.  so it'll prolly be a manual.  I really don't see them doing something as stupid as putting an auto only in it

26 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

that's interesting. sounds like my miata. 70mph -> ~3400 rpm

but I can get high 20's doing that though... (maybe even low 30's I haven't been able to accurately measure yet due to some pump-stopping-too-soon issues that ive been "debugging") 

i mean i don't know the exact fuel mileage of the car, but all i know is that my dad has to fill up every other day in order for him to make his 140 mile round trip commute.

20 minutes ago, warmmilk said:

forgot he's not playing GTA5...

I'd be ok if it had a good dual clutch paddle gearbox, but being hyandai I don't think they have the pockets for it.  so it'll prolly be a manual.  I really don't see them doing something as stupid as putting an auto only in it

well i mean hyundai makes some soggy cars like the elantra and the sonata. it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't offer a manual in this car.

aw HELL no. http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a31343/alfa-romeo-giulia-wont-offer-a-manual-transmission-in-the-us/ that's some absolute bullshit. i hate americans for being such lazy asses and opting for automatic cars that have both manual and automatic options. fucking americans, man.

16 minutes ago, terrytek said:

i mean i don't know the exact fuel mileage of the car, but all i know is that my dad has to fill up every other day in order for him to make his 140 mile round trip commute.

well i mean hyundai makes some soggy cars like the elantra and the sonata. it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't offer a manual in this car.

yeah, but this a sports car.  all of their sports and sporty cars offer manuals

LOOOOOOOL!!!! i got my mom's Nissan primera turbo diesel to make a woosh noise xD (revved it to near redline in 1st gear and quickly shifted up into 3rd and it went "woosh" when boost dropped but it was insanely quiet....)

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

1 hour ago, RevoltTrain said:

Story behind this?

Story goes: "Hey cletus, watch this!" *general lee horn*

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600