Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

27 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Yeah, car dollies, but repo men call them go jacks, because they have something else called dollies.

ah, gotcha ;) maybe i should do that too lol seems funny.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

You need two people. With all 4 tires up off the ground they'res nothing stopping it from rolling except you and your buddy, and 5000 pound opjects don't exactly like to stop on command. The trick though is being quiet. Those little mettle rattletraps are noisey. Next year for sure.

how much does a range rover weigh, do you suppose? seems like a worthwhile prank to play, get her back at all the stuff she's done to me the past 3 april fools. xD  but i'm not sure if i could push it to the next street. i would have to probably tow it, and i'm not sure that's a good idea at 3 in the morning.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

33 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

can anyone think of a high revving engine in a production car 

k20z

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

More than an acme anvil ('bout the same as a suburban) . Also, she don't sound like the type to have parents that would find it funny. Also getting a range rover down a driveway is going to be harder than moving a nissan frontier down the street and around the corner. 

a range rover evoque? smaller than a typical land rover? it can't be that heavy. 

oh damn, it's actually lighter than an e39 m5. and i know her parents. they're actually chill. and maybe i'll just tow it somehow.

two people can do it. They're just a hair over 5k pounds. It will roll down the driveway, getting it going isn't the issue, stopping it is. I can push my s10 in nutrel just fine bymyself

no they're not. maybe the normal range rover, but the evoque is a hair under 4000, actually more like 3600lbs or so. so it's only a thousand pounds heavier than our protege and about 400 pounds lighter than the m5.

10 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

@terrytek you are right though, the evoke is 3600 though. That's in the same neiborhood as my s10 (with all my shit though its closer to 4200 with me in it too)

yeah, my friend drives an evoque, not the normal range rover. but occaisionally she drives her parents' lexus rx350. hmm, what should i dolly, evoque or lexus?

@terrytek This is what I'm talking about. You gotta watch out though, on unlevel surfaces, one end of the vehicle will roll down the hill, there are no brakes

huh, i wonder where i can get a few of those. might save me time jacking up the car, putting dollies, repeat, to avoid scratching tbh.

11 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Just remember to be smart if you're gonna go do stupid shit

yeah i know. i don't want our friendship to go away just because i accidentally damaged her car.

Call me crazy, but I actually think the new 919 Hybrid sounds better than the current F1 cars (with the updated exhausts). Who knew Porsche could make a 500hp turbocharged v4 sound so good? The turbo spoooling, the whine of the motors - only gotten to see a static 1:1 model of one so far but hoping to go to a race soon.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

11 hours ago, Maybach123 said:

not a big fan of gucci i want something more elegant and stately  this is the kind of place i want to live in 

1.jpeg 

I'm completely with you there. That house is gorgeous.

The only thing i'd really change is that i'd have a driveway where the stairs are. And the last section would be a hidden entrance to a garage underneath the raised front garden

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

59 minutes ago, techswede said:

I'm completely with you there. That house is gorgeous.

The only thing i'd really change is that i'd have a driveway where the stairs are. And the last section would be a hidden entrance to a garage underneath the raised front garden

log-cabin-w-stone-porch.jpg.7d2734e367a8

id like to live in a house/mansion like this. not a big fan of having humongus mansions with insane repaircosts and that

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

17 minutes ago, Strando123 said:

id like to live in a house/mansion like this. not a big fan of having humongus mansions with insane repaircosts and that

I'm going to build myself a log cabin style home in the future. But with modern touches.

A swedish company builds these

2bc5ec92-a764-4946-8c8e-6c17c0501eef_LAR

interior_01_large.jpg

I love natural light so i was sold on it immediately

But their other designs are nice too. Like this one

montage2.jpg

12 minutes ago, techswede said:

uhmmmmm..... wat?

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

4 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

uhmmmmm..... wat?

Its a video of a guy lifting a transmission up into a car. 

Tempted to get a beetle now..

TlnAmgv.jpg

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

Embedding was broken 

What isn't broken on this forum these days?

18 hours ago, terrytek said:

huh i noticed that it takes a long time to crank, the gauges seem to slacking off, coming alive like 5 seconds after the engine, and the idle does suck. and i do hear some ticking at 1500 rpm. is that the popping ur talking about?

Car sat for around three months if you remember my first go at changing the spark plugs and finding the broken wire, battery died and I can't drive it long enough to recharge because I'm pretty sure the popping will get worse and blow a plug through the fender and I doubt I can limp the car home on five cylinders, it makes no power whatsoever.

That is not the popping I was talking about, gonna see if I can take it around the block later with a friend to record it.

Gauges I couldn't tell you, I think I need to resolder the board because occasionally the lights in it will just go out or flicker.

17 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

@terrytek yeah it does seem to take forever to crank

@AlwaysFSX to me it sounds kinda like an exhaust leak at the start, but the sound I think you're talking about sounds more like a faint puff. Maybe PCV? How old is your fuel filter?

On a side not my buddy was having issues with surging in 3rd gear on his v6 mustang he said and fixed it by removing his air filter. 

@vetali you got anything to chime in?

That video was mostly trying to show there's a problem with it firing and causing bad vibration. Don't think we can see too much of it with the video cause of stabilisation but yeah. Original fuel filter so 16 years give or take.

17 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

Actually @AlwaysFSX that sounds more like almost a dead miss. I'd look at the coils

Worked three months ago.. :(

17 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Possibly temporary.

16 hours ago, Almercenary said:

Is it when your decelerating? Or just whenever. 

Whenever, doesn't do it while parked for some reason.

14 hours ago, vetali said:

I'd imagine it would be a few years to even fill all of those orders. 

Sounds like a rod knock. Get some thicker oil in there. 

Ignoring rod knock, that's not the problem.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

so mazda rx8 roatary engine or honda s2000 engine. which has the potential to make more power sounds better and is easier to work on?

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I don't know enough about either to give a god honest answer, but I love both cars just the same. RX8 doesn't really have a redline, just spin it until you're no longer comfortable. They can spool souper fast if you put a turbo on em, but the honda could be a better choise reliability wise. Rotary does offer a better sound because its more unique IMO. 

Just my 2c

I do like the rotary without any muffler but im worried about reliability and emissions 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Rep that s2000 motor then :D

both of them are pretty cheap too 

but s2000 engine it is. because higher mpg, cheaper, and they pollute less

39 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Ignoring rod knock, that's not the problem.

It is your choice to believe it or not I suppose. Something I didn't notice in your video prior however:

wSd2sUC.png

Is your oil pressure sensor faulty?

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max