Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

You should really move

i would, but i love the culture, the climate, the people, and actually the bay area has some great car culture. thank god in a few years i'm going to college in the bay, where it's actually cooler than the hellish valley where there's nothing to do. cali is my home really. i can't leave.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

25 minutes ago, terrytek said:

i would, but i love the culture, the climate, the people, and actually the bay area has some great car culture. thank god in a few years i'm going to college in the bay, where it's actually cooler than the hellish valley where there's nothing to do. cali is my home really. i can't leave.

eventually i want to move to a big plot of flat land in Montana and make my own paved areas to drive cars that are not street legal in the us on. or live in Geneva (i have dual citizenship us and switzerland)

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

1 minute ago, Maybach123 said:

eventually i want to move to a big plot of flat land in Montana and make my own paved areas to drive cars that are not street legal in the us on. 

the one thing i like about central california is that there's a lot of flat open land i can buy and hoon cars on. either that or i just buy a house up in the mountains like a lot of drifters and just have the road to myself.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

Can I be your housekeeper?

sure if i dont waste all of my money on cars xD 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

6 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Tesla model 3 is at 198K orders right now according to musk...

There are lines of people wrapped around blocks at the major tesla dealerships waiting to preorder their cars that are over a year away from being available...

what on earth is this? 

I'd imagine it would be a few years to even fill all of those orders. 

3 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

So this is from earlier today, audio is a bit weird and the engine didn't pop, only does that while driving?, but it's the gist of it.

Sounds like a rod knock. Get some thicker oil in there. 

5800X3D / ASUS X570 Dark Hero / 64GB 3600mhz / EVGA RTX 3090ti FTW3 Ultra / Dell S3422DWG / Razer Deathstalker v2 / Razer Basilisk v3 Pro / Sennheiser HD 600

2021 Razer Blade 14 3070 / iPhone 15 Pro Max

so i saw this guy on my bike who was like, properly rich. he had an audi R8 v10 spyder, a rolls royce ghost, a mercedes s65 amg, and not 1, not 2, but 3 range rover sports. and his house was huge too, like i estimate over 3000 sq feet. this guy must be stupid rich.

1 hour ago, vinyldash303 said:

Hit me up once you start building the gucci palace 

not a big fan of gucci i want something more elegant and stately  this is the kind of place i want to live in 

1.jpeg 

4 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Why not go full Gatsbey on it?

Well this particular house is undergoing renovations it used to look amazing. This really could have been gatsbeys house back in the day.  I am going to be filming this house pretty soon from my drone i will post video of it when its done.

e49812366b54be5912850db86e29e1c4.jpg 

drawing.jpg 

Needs an underground helipad with straight up retracting swimmingpool doors like the superheros have

that would be pretty cool

You guys like keyless chucks on drills or keyed chucks?

depends for small things like installing a motherboard or drilling into a thin sheet of aluminum i like keyless but if i need to do something heavy duty like steel or thick wood keyed 

Eventually I'm planning on having two drills. One big old corded bastard with a keyed chuck, and then some little pissy cordless.

usually i use a drill press for the keyed chuck one

so who do you think makes better air struts? k sport or air lift performance? because i like how air lift performance's system has autoleveling, phone apps, and a more compact controller. however since k-sport makes good quality coilovers, i can assume their air struts are as good. and plus they look more rugged than the struts provided by air lift performance. however, the k-sport system is way more expensive than air lift performance, a whole grand more expensive than ALP, at 5500, compared to 4500 from ALP.

@Maybach123 @vinyldash303 double boom

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Have you looked into AccuAir? @terrytek

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

1 minute ago, chaozbandit said:

Have you looked into AccuAir? @terrytek

I have, and the only thing that bothers me is that while they do have a kit for BMW, it's only for one model: the M5. And even then, it's not even for the E39. Only the F10 has a kit. And i'm not really willing to fabricate a custom suspension system with universal parts because i want this to be reversible in case i ever want to sell it.

linus pronounced my user name wrong :/ on the wan show its pronounced myboch

10 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I was trying to think of things I could do as an april fools "prank" today. I was going to take a wheel off of my buddies frontier and toss it in the bed of his truck but got sick halfway through today. Then I got the idea, if I had 4 car go-jack type things, I'd get one other person, and move my buddies truck one street over at about 3 in the morning.. Maybe next year... :ph34r:

go jack type of things? what are those? couldn't you just put the 4 wheels on dollies and just move it?

can anyone think of a high revving engine in a production car 

2 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

can anyone think of a high revving engine in a production car 

Two off the top of my head are the s54 from the e46 m3 and the f20 from the s2000

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

7 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Rotary

S2000 engine

Ariel Atom went to 10,600 with A k24 (I think)

7 minutes ago, bob345 said:

Two off the top of my head are the s54 from the e46 m3 and the f20 from the s2000

good thinking on the s2000 those engines are fucking cheap

This 4k tv is awesome... cant wait for more 4k content in the future because it looks brilliant on this thing.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

"well time to bust out the NES and whip some Tetris 2"

LOL

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

also on the wan show did anyone else find it a bit funny that linus thought tesla was the first to take deposits on preorders for cars 

4 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Linus is not a car person. He's a good bussiness man, and a lot of other things, but a good car person is not one of them.

i know it was just still kind of amusing 

19 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

good thinking on the s2000 those engines are fucking cheap

here's some more:

nissan rb26dett

bmw s65

suzuki cappuccino (no clue what engine code, but that can rev high)

toyota 2zz