Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

On 3/26/2016 at 9:45 PM, terrytek said:

i havent' seen @AlwaysFSX on the thread in so long. i feel like he dropped off the face of the earth.

That would be because I did.

Question for you guys, can a loose spark plug cause popping?

10 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

i dont know, too long spark plugs cause engine failiure.

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

Just now, Strando123 said:

i dont know, too long spark plugs cause engine failiure.

Well that would be fantastic but so far the only problem is popping. It sounds almost like backfire but it is very clearly coming from the engine bay. I assume the ridiculous vibration is from the three plus month old Wal-Mart gas.

Lack of power is still up in the air as far as I'm concerned.

12 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

uhm, maybe.in some cases, if it's really loose, the power of the controlled explosion within the cylinder can cause the plug to shoot out of the hole and could lodge itself in your hood, and usually associates with a loud bang.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Just now, terrytek said:

uhm, maybe.in some cases, if it's really loose, the power of the controlled explosion within the cylinder can cause the plug to shoot out of the hole and could lodge itself in your hood, and usually associates with a loud bang.

I would be amused to see that. I need to get a video of it while driving but I'm not sure what's causing it. I assume a loose spark plug because that's the only thing I've touched. Finally got a cable for the mustang to replace the one that got gacked and now I'm seeing and hearing problems.

2 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I would be amused to see that. I need to get a video of it while driving but I'm not sure what's causing it. I assume a loose spark plug because that's the only thing I've touched. Finally got a cable for the mustang to replace the one that got gacked and now I'm seeing and hearing problems.

i'd try tightening the plugs to spec and see if it goes away. in most cases, it might just be loose.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Just now, terrytek said:

i'd try tightening the plugs to spec and see if it goes away. in most cases, it might just be loose.

It's supposed to be at spec, which is the confusing part. Gonna have to let the headers cool down though. Don't want to cut my arm open AND burn my hands. At least not more than I have to.

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

I would guess so. My buddies vw beetle had plug get blown out and it sounded like a WOP WOP WOP WOP WOP sound

I can't really describe the noise other than a pop, and it feels like it's doing it mid combustion cycle but I honestly can't tell by ear. I'll double over everything later this afternoon. Need to burn through a whole tank of gas too. Bleh..

So this is from earlier today, audio is a bit weird and the engine didn't pop, only does that while driving?, but it's the gist of it.

5 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

So this is from earlier today, audio is a bit weird and the engine didn't pop, only does that while driving?, but it's the gist of it.

huh i noticed that it takes a long time to crank, the gauges seem to slacking off, coming alive like 5 seconds after the engine, and the idle does suck. and i do hear some ticking at 1500 rpm. is that the popping ur talking about?

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 hour ago, AlwaysFSX said:

you sound just like alan from two an a half men!

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

1 hour ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I assume that posted, can't exactly tell on my end.

Is it when your decelerating? Or just whenever. 

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

i really hope you guys have seen this one xD

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

so i saw the model x for the first time while driving. (sorry i couldnt get a picture)

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

15 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

i really hope you guys have seen this one xD

i would so watch colin with the cucumbers and the smokingsquire 

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

3 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

im kinda sad for B is for build guys .. .cause they built the lamp and they broke it xD 

here is the full vid of them building the lamp 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

5 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

EricTheUndieGuy is the one i'd watch xD

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

how tough do you think it would bee to make a road legal version of a 60s f1 car like this

Lotus_Type_25.jpg 

1 minute ago, Maybach123 said:

how tough do you think it would bee to make a road legal version of a 60s f1 car like this

Depends on what the authorities in your country require you to do.

First thing i'd guess is that it wouldn't meet noise regulations.

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

6 minutes ago, techswede said:

Depends on what the authorities in your country require you to do.

First thing i'd guess is that it wouldn't meet noise regulations.

ya but it would be a one off. I mean they have hotrods that make more noise than these 

10 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

i dont  think that is going to be easy

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

6 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

ya but it would be a one off. I mean they have hotrods that make more noise than these 

US laws seem more relaxed than the ones here in sweden. But i would still recommend looking them up.

But since Freiburger and Finnegan from roadkill could slap a body on a nascar chassis and drive it on public roads i'm guessing it won't be too harsh.

4 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

The American inspections are also way more chill than the euro ones.

Swedish inspections for amateur built/modified vehicles are really harsh.

Apart from the horsepower restrictions being based on weight i'm not too mad about it though.

It puts some real pressure on the builder to do it right.

16 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

The American inspections are also way more chill than the euro ones.

Unless you live in cali. then you're kinda fucked. they check everything, noise, emissions, safety, and if you're importing something, it comes bone stock, with no mods. if there's even one non factory mod, it's done.