Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

36 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Oh hey page 3300

The same horsepower my honda makes when vtec kicks in

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

I really want to do a Forester build someday

Photo one is with a 2.5 inch lift and 35s

The other is obviously slammed. 

Idk what route to go. Guess I'll just need two. The struggle. My wallet hurts just thinking of it 

c4d213ac26d24aeb81cc9eac32a8c1e1.jpg

MPQNsiz.1.jpg

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

2 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

I really want to do a Forester build someday

Photo one is with a 2.5 inch lift and 35s

The other is obviously slammed. 

Idk what route to go. Guess I'll just need two. The struggle. My wallet hurts just thinking of it 

I love the look of the foresters, simple and still scream Subaru 

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City

2 minutes ago, iHardware Shelden said:

I love the look of the foresters, simple and still scream Subaru 

I love them with uels and a straight pipe. Simple and sounds amazing. That applies for any Subaru though really 

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

9 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Too loud IMO. They do sound sweet with a proper exhaust though. :x

My dream is two Foresters, quite similar to what I posted, uels on both, stance would be a daily with a Apexi N1 exhaust and the battle wagon would just be straight piped. But if I ever get a WRX or sti it will definitely be straight piped. There's a white sti sedan (2012 or so) with neochrome looking dipped wheels and a straight pipe that hits sounds godly. I like a loud car myself. Neighbors not so much, but I have to listen to all of their straight piped Harleys. So they can deal with my life cars 

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I just like a plesant exhaust note. Not exhaust ear rape.

I grew up around open headers v8s so a straight pipe isnt super loud to me. As long as I've got enough sound deadening material to be able to hold a conversation on the highway I'd be happy. If not just throw a muffler on it, maybe a flowmaster or something of that nature 

16 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Flowmaster super 44 on a forester!

It would sound super nice, loud when you're on it and like a Subaru, little quieter and more refined when you're off the throttle 

For a van you need a tall roof, but you need a regular L front end, not a flat front end. Death traps they are.

Yes

Ford E-250 Van (Cargo) - TruckandBody.com Blog

Ugly but big front end

Nissan_nv_cargovan_highroof_2013_480_0001

I dont know about short front ends, as long as you dont rear end anyone I guess they are alright.

No

... Van Test Drive | Vans Blog & Discussions at Truck Trend MagazineSuper LWB High Roof Van 2010 Toyota Hiace Super LWB High Roof Van ...Sprinter Cargo 3 Dr 3500 High Roof 140 WB Van Extended Exterior

Lemons but good layout and design of the doubleback. Do this to a 4x4 high roof van.

VW T5 Transporter Doubleback Is A Great Idea | Car Tuning

Sexy beast!!!!--------->?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.M67db933d9bc6b8e9a555b519c6331668o0%26pid%3D15.1&f=1

Sexier beast!

Fiberglass Mounting Style Aluminum Roof Rack

Spacious beast, good for camping or business.

2015 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter 2500 High Roof Cargo Van - Graphite Grey ...

2 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

I grew up around open headers v8s so a straight pipe isnt super loud to me. As long as I've got enough sound deadening material to be able to hold a conversation on the highway I'd be happy. If not just throw a muffler on it, maybe a flowmaster or something of that nature 

That's your hearing going away if straight pipe isn't loud for you. :P

1 hour ago, AlwaysFSX said:

That's your hearing going away if straight pipe isn't loud for you. :P

I mean, you're not wrong. I've always had kinda ehh hearing, my right ear being better than the left

Hnnnngh the MSO LT looks so nice. Definitely one of the highest specced LTs in the US.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Texas and California, you scary

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

@Maybach123 I need to step up my game for 2017 - some of these other photogs are truly inspiring.

http://oppositelock.kinja.com/2016-in-unadulterated-automotive-erotica-1790244746

afx4jwdggxxnsleiq7nj.jpgus8xulw4lggljarpoqfa.jpglpzdowslkqgm6nhzikol.jpgrjcirwe91uz4svyfax1h.jpgt859k3pj3ubx6e1oste6.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

5 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

@Maybach123 I need to step up my game for 2017 - some of these other photogs are truly inspiring.

http://oppositelock.kinja.com/2016-in-unadulterated-automotive-erotica-1790244746

rjcirwe91uz4svyfax1h.jpg

An M1 on UK plates in the US?

Well then

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

4 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

An M1 on UK plates in the US?

Well then

Probably during Monterey Car Week.

Folding@Home | BOINC

Folding@Home | BOINC

9 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

My dream is two Foresters, quite similar to what I posted, uels on both, stance would be a daily with a Apexi N1 exhaust and the battle wagon would just be straight piped. But if I ever get a WRX or sti it will definitely be straight piped. There's a white sti sedan (2012 or so) with neochrome looking dipped wheels and a straight pipe that hits sounds godly. I like a loud car myself. Neighbors not so much, but I have to listen to all of their straight piped Harleys. So they can deal with my life cars 

i honestly wouldn't mind owning a straight piped car, regardless of what car it is, from an odyssey to an e39 m5 to an open header v8. but my neighbor owns a cobra foxbody mustang with like no exhaust whatsoever and he ends up doing burnouts in my neighborhood at night and i just want to take an axe to his car. because he does it EVERY. FREAKING. NIGHT.

7 hours ago, Velvet Revolver said:

For a van you need a tall roof, but you need a regular L front end, not a flat front end. Death traps they are.

Yes

Ugly but big front end

I dont know about short front ends, as long as you dont rear end anyone I guess they are alright.

No

ons but good layout and design of the doubleback. Do this to a 4x4 high roof van.

Sexy beast!!!!---------

Sexier beast!

Fiberglass Mounting Style Aluminum Roof Rack

Spacious beast, good for camping or business.

this is probably the only domestic car/van i'd drive. something good for offroading/rough travelling like this. gas vans can work, preferrably diesel.

6 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Gq1YfKC.jpg

lol that is not creepy at all.....

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

4 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

Texas and California, you scary

lol that cop asleep at the wheel is kinda funny xD 

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D