Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Low standards are great. :P

Having low standards makes average cars much more enjoyable. I already love my Saab (As you could probably tell because I have issues shutting up about it) and it's currently a 176HP FWD Econobox and I love it to death. I mean it will be much more interesting and different eventually. But if you don't enjoy a car even slightly in stock form what's the point in owning it?

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

6 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

Having low standards makes average cars much more enjoyable. I already love my Saab (As you could probably tell because I have issues shutting up about it) and it's currently a 176HP FWD Econobox and I love it to death. I mean it will be much more interesting and different eventually. But if you don't enjoy a car even slightly in stock form what's the point in owning it?

It's a 176hp econobox with a turbo.

those last three words in the above sentence are critical here xD

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

4 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

It's a 176hp econobox with a turbo.

those last three words in the above sentence are critical here xD

Yeah that's true.

I can't wait for spring. Don't get me wrong I love the winter, but I want to do a lot of maintenance on the Saab and no one has a heated garage other than my grand father (Who broke his wrist yesterday after falling on the ice checking the mail, he's okay other than that)

Like I want to do just about everything so I know when it was done, because the previous owner didn't update the service history at all when he owned it, he told me it had been about 3500 miles since the last oil change and I believe him because he seemed very honest and knew what he was talking about

But my list is:

• Oil change
  • Fuel Filter
  • Spark plugs
  • Cabin Air Filter
  • New intake / K&N cone intake
  • A/C system recharge
  • Tranny fluid
  • Coolant Flush

At least, other stuff if need be. But then I'll look into ordering some fun bits, will probably pick up an aftermarket TPMS as well because that would honestly be really nice

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

15 minutes ago, RevoltTrain said:

I'd love to get an AMC Pacer and put ridiculously wide and sticky tires on it, and good suspension, but look basically stock aside from the tires.

Just floor it and corner, no problems.

2 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I'd love to get an AMC Pacer and put ridiculously wide and sticky tires on it, and good suspension, but look basically stock aside from the tires.

Just floor it and corner, no problems.

Always had a soft spot in my heart for those cars

1 minute ago, RevoltTrain said:

Always had a soft spot in my heart for those cars

Just imagine some 14x10" wheels with Sport Comp 2 tires and a compliant suspension. 200 HP of sticky awesomeness.

CC-48-049-800.jpg

Just imagine some 14x10" wheels with Sport Comp 2 tires and a compliant suspension. 200 HP of sticky awesomeness.

Yeah that would be pretty awesome honestly

Yeah that would be pretty awesome honestly

I would have something like that as a dedicated fun car that's really stupid but really fun.

I would have something like that as a dedicated fun car that's really stupid but really fun.

I still really want a Prelude as a fun car, they're uncommon enough to where it will make it unique, but not so rare to where the aftermarket doesn't exist

Plus I love absolutely everything about them (Other than the fact they're known to burn a bit of oil)

Just now, RevoltTrain said:

I still really want a Prelude as a fun car, they're uncommon enough to where it will make it unique, but not so rare to where the aftermarket doesn't exist

Plus I love absolutely everything about them (Other than the fact they're known to burn a bit of oil)

Yeah but I want a vehicle where you would never expect it to be on a track because it's something that's historically bad at everything but gas mileage.

Just now, AlwaysFSX said:

Yeah but I want a vehicle where you would never expect it to be on a track because it's something that's historically bad at everything but gas mileage.

Honda CRZ

Honda CRZ

Yeah I doubt I can get one for $200 and they're really ugly.

Yeah I doubt I can get one for $200 and they're really ugly.

That's also very true

Old ElDorado would be amazing 

(They were good vehicles for the time, but honestly they're not good vehicles compared to anything slightly modern)

Ranchero pls

All of the yes. I was the weird kid (Hell I still am) that absolutely loves Rancheros and ElCaminos

All of the yes. I was the weird kid (Hell I still am) that absolutely loves Rancheros and ElCaminos

I love the first and fourth generation of the Ranchero a ton, they're just prime for being a hot rod.

I love the first and fourth generation of the Ranchero a ton, they're just prime for being a hot rod.

They just stand out so much from anything else on the road, and what's the point of blending in? (Unless Sleeper project but that's a whole different story)

They just stand out so much from anything else on the road, and what's the point of blending in? (Unless Sleeper project but that's a whole different story)

Throw a stroker big block in em with a loud exhaust.

Ah fuck it, throw a stroker big block with a loud exhaust in anything and I'll be happier.

Ah fuck it, throw a stroker big block with a loud exhaust in anything and I'll be happier.

I agree to a degree, anything pre 90's for the most part and I'm down for that

After that my interest in cars kinda shifts towards Japanese cars, so small turbocharged engines are where my heart lays

I agree to a degree, anything pre 90's for the most part and I'm down for that

After that my interest in cars kinda shifts towards Japanese cars, so small turbocharged engines are where my heart lays

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'm 'murican, I like it. :D

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I'm 'murican, I like it. :D

Works for me

27 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

If I didn't care about the Miata being a good reliable and great mpg car, then it would be really tempting to put an old small block in it or something, whatever fit xD

with a hole in the hood and a supercharger LOL

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

7 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

If I didn't care about the Miata being a good reliable and great mpg car, then it would be really tempting to put an old small block in it or something, whatever fit xD

with a hole in the hood and a supercharger LOL

Get some decent highway gearing and even a big block will get you the same gas mileage you already have! xD

ugh, this is such a tempting project car for 300 bucks. http://merced.craigslist.org/cto/5880117210.html

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

42 minutes ago, terrytek said:

ugh, this is such a tempting project car for 300 bucks. http://merced.craigslist.org/cto/5880117210.html

sleeper... twin turbo that thing

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread !