Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Just now, techswede said:

There is a video of it working.. But with my luck the car would burn to the ground before i even start the swap 

haha. Nah you'll be fine. A wideband O2 sensor would probably be smart though so you can make sure the AFR's are good with the different engine

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

haha. Nah you'll be fine. A wideband O2 sensor would probably be smart though so you can make sure the AFR's are good with the different engine

I would put oil pressure, oil temp and O2 gauges in the car while i was at it. I like knowing what's going on with my engine. 

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

30 minutes ago, techswede said:

Would be fun until i grenaded the turbocharger xD

I prefer superchargers though. Less plumbing. But the L67 allegedly has stronger internals than the L36 and runs right out of the box with my cars computer. Allegedly

Well yeah but that would give you a reason to build your engine with ridiculously overbuilt internals and run a stupid amount boost.

I wonder when superchargers don't benefit you anymore..

25 minutes ago, techswede said:

There is a video of it working.. But with my luck the car would burn to the ground before i even start the swap 

Same name, same luck. We're cursed. :P

6 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

Hi! Check out the Box!Box!Box! Thread in PC gaming for sim racing talk! You'll find @chaozbandit @MEC-777 @carguy86 All there who Simrace quite a bit, and I'm there occasionally as well, along with a few others. 

We'll have to have ourselves a little competition one day :P 

but welcome to the forum, you'll love it here ^_^

hey .. i am there too ... just rarely xD 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Well yeah but that would give you a reason to build your engine with ridiculously overbuilt internals and run a stupid amount boost.

I wonder when superchargers don't benefit you anymore..

Same name, same luck. We're cursed. :P

When i get my arse over to america i'll start supercharging everything. But for now i'll have to do what i can in automotive north korea..

Electrical systems are my achilles heel. The magical smoke just escapes and nothing works

"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

6 minutes ago, techswede said:

When i get my arse over to america i'll start supercharging everything. But for now i'll have to do what i can in automotive north korea..

Electrical systems are my achilles heel. The magical smoke just escapes and nothing works

You'll be one of the crazies with a big block 525 or something and a super charger.

I love electrical systems.. that I make. Because nobody makes any fucking sense in the documentation about how things work.

9 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

hey .. i am there too ... just rarely xD 

true, you're probably there more than me tho :P

I always forget someone when I tag people haha

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 hour ago, OleST said:

And by the way, what do you guys drive? (Project car? Daily? Collection of cars?)

Im just asking.

The Saab I own, the Mercury is the household winter beater. 2.3t vs 5.0

20161211_160033.jpg

20161122_131405.jpg

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

You'll be one of the crazies with a big block 525 or something and a super charger.

I love electrical systems.. that I make. Because nobody makes any fucking sense in the documentation about how things work.

I'll supercharge my fucking tv remote

I can make sense of a diagram. But in practice there is usually a bunch of unmarked wires and someone will inevitably have been in there and jumbled them so they make no fucking sense. Like tangled headphones but a bajillion times worse

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

true, you're probably there more than me tho :P

I always forget someone when I tag people haha

you seem to forget me .... quite a lot :P 

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

2 minutes ago, techswede said:

I'll supercharge my fucking tv remote

I can make sense of a diagram. But in practice there is usually a bunch of unmarked wires and someone will inevitably have been in there and jumbled them so they make no fucking sense. Like tangled headphones but a bajillion times worse

Usually the wiring diagrams are labeled fine but I like knowing how things work when you get info from each of the wires.

23 minutes ago, Mister2010 said:

you seem to forget me .... quite a lot :P 

sorry xD

Spoiler

3 hours ago, vinyldash303 said:

I forgot these were a thing. Accord Station Wagons.

Image result for accord station wagon

yeah, the 80s and 90s gave birth to some weird wagons from the japanese.

92812081991001.jpg

338180-620x413.jpg

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

2 hours ago, OleST said:

And by the way, what do you guys drive? (Project car? Daily? Collection of cars?)

Im just asking.

2006 Accord Coupe EX V6 with a 6-speed manual in Nighthawk black pearl. 

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

I drive the Mercedes B-Class to shits creek and back. I go out of my way to rent them from Car 2 Go. They are damn fucking powerful beasts, though the automatic traction control system is a downer :( I like to high limit rev the fuck out of rentals on ice :)

2015 Mercedes-Benz B-Class Electric Drive: First Drive Photo Gallery ...

6 minutes ago, Velvet Revolver said:

I drive the Mercedes B-Class to shits creek and back. I go out of my way to rent them from Car 2 Go. They are damn fucking powerful beasts, though the automatic traction control system is a downer :( I like to high limit rev the fuck out of rentals on ice :)

2015 Mercedes-Benz B-Class Electric Drive: First Drive Photo Gallery ...

wait, mercedes sells the b class in america? i thought they were europe exclusive.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

3 minutes ago, terrytek said:

wait, mercedes sells the b class in america? i thought they were europe exclusive.

Car2Go has them, along with their ultra shitty gutless piece of shit ass Smart Car, but they can climb iced hills. Someone in Miami died in a Shmart car, vs a truck. Go figure.

The only thing I hate about the Mercedes is the shoulder room for tall people, is pretty bad. Love the arm rest radio joystick. Also I love the cruise control lever and seat adjustments, and sun roof, and sound system, and powerful engine, I think its turbo charged.

10 minutes ago, Velvet Revolver said:

Car2Go has them, along with their ultra shitty gutless piece of shit ass Smart Car, but they can climb iced hills. Someone in Miami died in a Shmart car, vs a truck. Go figure.

The only thing I hate about the Mercedes is the shoulder room for tall people, is pretty bad. Love the arm rest radio joystick. Also I love the cruise control lever and seat adjustments, and sun roof, and sound system, and powerful engine, I think its turbo charged.

well i mean car2go is part of mercedes, so of course you'd expect them to offer mercedes cars.

and my dad rented a car while our corolla was in the shop (he didn't have to pay a dime since the car had full coverage), he ended up getting a versa note from hertz, since that was the only car on the lot that day. i gotta say, it was a lot roomier than i thought, and more optioned than i thought. it had bluetooth, aux, cruise control, wheel mounted controls, and mirror heaters. even our corolla didn't have a majority of these features (just aux).

Car2Go doesnt require insurance nor gas, where as rental agencies do. But when insurance companies are paying, yes its all paid for.

The good thing with Car2Go is that its quick and easy to hop in and go. Only realistic for short trips up to an hour to 1.5hrs. Otherwise its cheaper to rent from a rental agency. But it requires more time. I like the $20 weekend day rates. I rented a Nissan Versa Note as well and its alright, spacious and great on gas. I tend to rent a lot of cars. I was even upgraded to a Jeep Patriot, that thing was gutless piece of shit too. I believe their transmissions are tin cans, there engines are under powered, the shift pattern is all over the place. But again I drive rentals very hard.

2 minutes ago, Velvet Revolver said:

Car2Go doesnt require insurance nor gas, where as rental agencies do. But when insurance companies are paying, yes its all paid for.

The good thing with Car2Go is that its quick and easy to hop in and go. Only realistic for short trips up to an hour to 1.5hrs. Otherwise its cheaper to rent from a rental agency. But it requires more time. I like the $20 weekend day rates. I rented a Nissan Versa Note as well and its alright, spacious and great on gas. I tend to rent a lot of cars. I was even upgraded to a Jeep Patriot, that thing was gutless piece of shit too. I believe their transmissions are tin cans, there engines are under powered, the shift pattern is all over the place. But again I drive rentals very hard.

the only complaint i had from the rental car was the the small gas tank as well as the cvt. the cvt absolutely sucks, like when you're trying to smash the gas to pass someone on the freeway, there's a delay, then the power comes on. and the gas tank was impossibly small. it was super good on gas, but the range on one tank of gas was still smaller than our corolla, which goes about 400 miles on one tank, despite having worse mileage. those were my only gripes. i would have wanted to upgrade to something like a mazda 3, or if there was an option, a lexus is250/200t.

Anyone over 6' the Versa is good, I dunno about the Mazda 3's.

Ew Versas.

Anyone over 6' the Versa is good, I dunno about the Mazda 3's.

my dad was the main driver of the car, and he's like 5'7", so he fit fine in there, and i'm sure he can fit in a mazda 3 comfortably. me, however, at 5'10", might be a tad uncomfortable in a mazda 3 (i'm the tallest in my family btw).