Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

5 minutes ago, Mattr567 said:

I think you mean the 2.7TT V6 from the S4. The NA 2.8 from the A4 there isnt too much you can do and its expensive. The main thing i've seen is throwing a PES supercharger on it, adding 100HP but thats 4 grand to do. There isnt some magic chip that adds power like the 1.8T.

ah. didn't realize the two had different engines. i thought the s4 shared the same engine as the a4, but with 2 turbos tacked on.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

so this came in early, yay, get to use it at my track day tomorrow

E345D76A-88A5-4205-9412-78E25624E2C7_zps

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

2 minutes ago, warmmilk said:

so this came in early, yay, get to use it at my track day tomorrow

E345D76A-88A5-4205-9412-78E25624E2C7_zps

I bought one too. it's supposed to come today! :D

also, offered $10 on the chameleon tint. we'll see what happens. :D

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Timing is a pain but I finally got it

where the intake cam has to be positioned it wants to spin. So you have to hold it there while lining everything else up. Took me 4 tries. Zip ties helped a lot though lol

image.jpeg

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

20 hours ago, BOT Edward said:

don't trash the mk5 golf's dude, they are actually a really good car lol

Looking to purchase an old merc w124, would prefer v8 model but who knows what will pop up. v8 - turbo build would be mint for a bag setup'd merc

I own one.. I'd say its decent

Old 124s are a pretty good choice for a v8 swap. The engine bays are a bit tight though

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

12 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Timing is a pain but I finally got it

where the intake cam has to be positioned it wants to spin. So you have to hold it there while lining everything else up. Took me 4 tries. Zip ties helped a lot though lol

image.jpeg

huh your car seems to have markings on the head itself. nice. mine doesn't. ://  

and it's kinda weird how your engine is smaller than the 2.0 in the protege, yet it makes about 15 more hp than the protege.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

7 minutes ago, terrytek said:

huh your car seems to have markings on the head itself. nice. mine doesn't. ://  

and it's kinda weird how your engine is smaller than the 2.0 in the protege, yet it makes about 15 more hp than the protege.

It's all tuning. 

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

@bcredeur97 did you make sure to tension the belt the proper way?  I know with my honda it's rotate the crank a certain amount and then tighten the tensioner.

There's something cool here - you just can't see it.

im thinking that our weedwacker begins to take shape as some form of fire-breathing monster.... (cheapo ebay pocketbike "performance" exhaust, 32cc cylinder and head from a tiny dirthbike, crankshaft and con rod from the same tiny dirtbike, 20mm carb (with ported and polished intake manifold, tiny little cone airfilter wich fit the carb and it is jetted up with a random jet i found that was a decent step up from stock to eventualy cope with the boost from an electric turbocharger (5$ air pump wich actually delivers some decent additional airflow))

it sounds like a dirtbike, it backfires and it is probably a ticking time bomb. (i dont understand how it hasnt blown up allready)

ps: this is just something i threw together with bits i had lying around from a project that never happened, built it out of pure boredom today.

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

6 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

It needs a tachometer because racewacker. :P 

EDIT: and a shift light

lol, i actually have one of those cheap electric tachometers (powered by a button-cell and then it has one wire that you wrap around the sparkplug wire) and why the f*ck would i need a shift light??? the weedwacker is direct drive, no centricugal clutch or anything like that the driveshaft is just bolted to the output shaft on the flywheel side of the engine.

(jk, anything that has an engine that is modifed needs a shiftlight, nitrous, a massive external tachometer and neons (also for bonus points, a bigass stereo, a bodykit that is beyond rice and the most anoying and obnoxiou BOV ever known to man)

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

You need a shift light because my buddy with his el Camino  has a 3 speed automatic has a shift light. 

And it would be funny. 

lol yea, mowing away some shrubs and tall grass with a HUGE tachometer (with a shiftlight) duct-taped to my weed wacker and just "shifting gears" sometimes by leting go of the throttle for a while and pushing it back in to whitness the biggest backfire ever.

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

1 hour ago, Cracklingice said:

@bcredeur97 did you make sure to tension the belt the proper way?  I know with my honda it's rotate the crank a certain amount and then tighten the tensioner.

Yep. Rotated engine twice and then tightened tensioner down 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Almost done! 

image.jpg

Spoiler

kinda weird how you can get an acura nsx to sound like an e36 m3.

Ordered gifts for my girlfriend's birthday on June 21st, the final gifts are arriving tomorrow, her birthday was on the 3rd, everything else was here on time, but these, and they are shipping from the closest location, Saint Louis, stuff from Denmark, the Netherlands, and the UK got here just fine. The struggle is real. 

Unrelated, Ian wanted to come down with the car on the 23rd, which won't work because I'll be out of state for Warped Tour, the struggle.

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

#firstworldproblems that moment when you get burned by the stupendously huge backfire from your modified weed wacker.....

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Spoiler

I was bored. :D

IMG_20160714_202259.jpg

IMG_20160714_202206.jpg

IMG_20160714_202140.jpgIMG_20160714_195846.jpg

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

Needz supercharger

how do you know it doesn't have one already? :P

also, 

Screen Shot 2016-07-14 at 8.35.28 PM.png

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

wow, everybody seems to be buying the neochrome film already. i wanna join, but i don't have the money or do i have a car to drive around right now.

@vetali if you were ever deciding on buying a new mazda 3, i'd wait till a refresh. http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-cars/future-cars/news/a29978/refreshed-mazda3-2017/

3 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

how do you know it doesn't have one already? :P

also, 

Screen Shot 2016-07-14 at 8.35.28 PM.png

I'll order some after I hopefully own the Prelude :D

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

Chameleon Gang fam :P

fo sho dawg. we gon' lit up dis country.

sorry, best I can do at gangster talk. I'm a white boy. :/

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler