Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

18 hours ago, Kawaii Koneko said:

I think the looks are a bit subjective. I find the LS400 to have more of a boxy (but in a good way) aggressive look to it and the LS430 to be a bit more subdued. The LS400 looks like it should be fast and the LS430 doesn't show its cards. I actually thought the front looked pretty plain when I first bought it but I find myself constantly looking back and admiring the front end when walking away from it.

I was surprised it had a smart key as well. For some odd reason the previous owner had the system turned off though.

I think I would like an LS400 to do a manual swap and turn into a performance monster. The LS430 seems best to keep subdued and purely for comfort. When I first bought it, it had an exhaust leak in front and everyone said it sounded awesome. I agree that it sounded like an absolute beast under acceleration but now that it is whisper quiet, I actually think I prefer it that way.

Well my only gripe on the LS430 was that the headlights just looked ugly and it didn't suit the looks. LS400's lights look better because they're more rectangular and fit the body. And the LS400 just looks as subdued as the 430, you wouldn't expect a generic looking 90s luxury car to sport almost 300hp out the box. But I only like the 98+ refresh since the older models look too plain for me, and it also has VVTi and a 5 speed auto in comparison to the 4 speed.

Gotta be some strange reason the previous owner turned it off, but yeah I wouldn't know either.

My plan is take one, give it a VIP look (low air ride, semi big wheels (like 19s maybe), and decked out interior if it's feasible), but what they won't expect is that it's gonna have a 6 speed manual swapped out of a 350z or like if they're affordable, a tremec T56 from a mustang, and a twin turbo system, aiming for about 450-500whp out of the stock motor (apparently the 1uz is better built for boost than the later 2uz), and hopefully keep it all street legal, though that's VERY unlikely in california.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

7 minutes ago, terrytek said:

Well my only gripe on the LS430 was that the headlights just looked ugly and it didn't suit the looks. LS400's lights look better because they're more rectangular and fit the body. And the LS400 just looks as subdued as the 430, you wouldn't expect a generic looking 90s luxury car to sport almost 300hp out the box. But I only like the 98+ refresh since the older models look too plain for me, and it also has VVTi and a 5 speed auto in comparison to the 4 speed.

Gotta be some strange reason the previous owner turned it off, but yeah I wouldn't know either.

My plan is take one, give it a VIP look (low air ride, semi big wheels (like 19s maybe), and decked out interior if it's feasible), but what they won't expect is that it's gonna have a 6 speed manual swapped out of a 350z or like if they're affordable, a tremec T56 from a mustang, and a twin turbo system, aiming for about 450-500whp out of the stock motor (apparently the 1uz is better built for boost than the later 2uz), and hopefully keep it all street legal, though that's VERY unlikely in california.

Leave CA ;)

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

Just bought a brand new ford focus, not nearly as fun or as fast as my C280 but hey, for 22 grand and unlimited everything

On 2/10/2018 at 9:29 AM, JoaoPRSousa said:

@RevoltTrain I found your wagon in stock form for sale here.

IMG_20180210_142723.png.dc39834922c5770d9e5c1b6feb22de15.png

Wish mine would have come with those blinkers, but elsewise, identical appearance, even the tan interior

Almost looks like that one has no sunroof, but I'm sure that's not the case

16700218_10206588107339711_8791242455687936866_o.jpg

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

On 2/10/2018 at 9:00 AM, bcredeur97 said:

Don’t go bigger turbo this time unless all the parts you use are like brand new and not sketchy Chinese Is what I recommend lol

If I end up picking up one of these Aero's they'll have the TD04 stock, if rebuilding mine is an option, just going to go with a brand new Mitsubishi TD04, only difference between Aero's and LPT's like mine is the turbo itself, and the size of the intake pipe, as far as the engine goes, there is a long list of differences elsewise, from suspension to just styling things

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Update on my Miata!

Got it lowered on coilovers, fitted some Rota Grid V 15x8+0 with Toyo 195/50R15s. Rubs a little bit on the left rear but I didn’t roll the fender that much on that arch so just a little more adjustment.

C12BAE88-D164-4B89-B8D7-177C3E713F83.thumb.jpeg.0d99c0b5aa8c3b88b80eb3e02a104a3c.jpeg

Up next is a front splitter that I will be fabricating, and a Battle Aero chassis wing (for aesthetics I mean, I plan to put a VF39 turbo along with some other goodies for performance mods, in fact I will be rebuilding the engine once I have the parts together).

17 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

Update on my Miata!

Got it lowered on coilovers, fitted some Rota Grid V 15x8+0 with Toyo 195/50R15s. Rubs a little bit on the left rear but I didn’t roll the fender that much on that arch so just a little more adjustment.

Up next is a front splitter that I will be fabricating, and a Battle Aero chassis wing (for aesthetics I mean, I plan to put a VF39 turbo along with some other goodies for performance mods, in fact I will be rebuilding the engine once I have the parts together).

v8 swap pls

58 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

v8 swap pls

If I had that kind of money I would, but turbo is the way to go in this case.

On 10/02/2018 at 5:13 PM, Bananasplit_00 said:

*looks on Blocket for one just because*

€800 :P its worse condition though so not really comparable i guess, the nice ones are about that price

Portugal and cheap used cars don't go along that well, to our misfortune.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

23 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Portugal and cheap used cars don't go along that well, to our misfortune.

VARAC Vintage Grand Prix 2017

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

48 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

VARAC Vintage Grand Prix 2017

i would put a focus RS ecoboost and make it awd ... :D

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

3 hours ago, byalexandr said:

Update on my Miata!

C12BAE88-D164-4B89-B8D7-177C3E713F83.thumb.jpeg.0d99c0b5aa8c3b88b80eb3e02a104a3c.jpeg

needs a hardtop :P 

oh and you need one too @bcredeur97

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

9 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

Update on the Tacoma: 

found a speed hole. Currently looking at welders. xD

-snip-

that looks... awful. Is that one of the main frame rails? yikes

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

5 hours ago, byalexandr said:

Update on my Miata!

-snip-

too much camber for me lol

turbo is cool though, I can't say I've heard of people using a VF39 on a miata before, nor do I know of what it really is... how would it compare with a GT2554R setup that I'd like?

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

that looks... awful. Is that one of the main frame rails? yikes

yeah... gonna be reinforcing the entire frame.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

2 hours ago, chaozbandit said:

Purdy, I saw a green one earlier.

16 minutes ago, FuzzyYellow said:

Update on the Tacoma: 

found a speed hole. Currently looking at welders. xD

Bruh

1 minute ago, FuzzyYellow said:

yeah... gonna be reinforcing the entire frame.

reinforce? Cut all major rust out make sure it's not rusting from inside-out. Put new metal. Then reinforce...

(you'll need to take weight off frame to do this probably...)

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

reinforce? Cut all major rust out make sure it's not rusting from inside-out. Put new metal. Then reinforce...

(you'll need to take weight off frame to do this probably...)

To cut out all rust would mean there's nothing of the rear left. :ph34r:

my plan is to box over the frame rails from the cab back with 1/8" steel. it's the rear half of the truck that's bad, front is perfectly solid. 

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

this^^

Also please stop driving it until you get that fingered out

oh yeah, I haven't driven it since I found the hole.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

@bcredeur97 @warmmilk 

Winter track day, bro

l1gj4ft170o2i2okhfqb.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

31 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

@bcredeur97 @warmmilk 

Winter track day, bro

l1gj4ft170o2i2okhfqb.jpg

I love this pic haha

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

I love this pic haha

Looked like fun. We were hit by a few inches of snowfall mid-week and freezing rain overnight.

I couldn't attend but one of my buddes went - so, not my photos.

https://imgur.com/a/BC7tt

fNoackK.jpg

zUE77k3.jpg6zR8CD3.jpgFKmhTKc.jpg

qSZXwJW.jpg

@AlwaysFSX

f8iOZjA.jpg

Folding@Home | BOINC