Why is savage jerky so good?

Shadow_Storm56

How is there jerky so good and everyone else is so bad...literally the only thing better I have gotten is from a farmers market. So why can savage jerky do it so good and everyone else makes flavored plastic ?

Edit: not sure how this ended up in the graphics section....

Its all the same to me, but to each their own.

1 minute ago, Shadow_Storm56 said:

n

Because they're made by tunnel bears.

-Moved to Off Topic- ;)

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Came in to comment on "why in GPU section?", thread organization at the top says this is off topic, now I am confused

Join the Appleitionist cause! See spoiler below for answers to common questions that shouldn't be common!

Spoiler

Q: Do I have a virus?!
A: If you didn't click a sketchy email, haven't left your computer physically open to attack, haven't downloaded anything sketchy/free, know that your software hasn't been exploited in a new hack, then the answer is: probably not.

Q: What email/VPN should I use?
A: Proton mail and VPN are the best for email and VPNs respectively. (They're free in a good way)

Q: How can I stay anonymous on the (deep/dark) webzz???....

A: By learning how to de-anonymize everyone else; if you can do that, then you know what to do for yourself.

Q: What Linux distro is best for x y z?

A: Lubuntu for things with little processing power, Ubuntu for normal PCs, and if you need to do anything else then it's best if you do the research yourself.

Q: Why is my Linux giving me x y z error?

A: Have you not googled it? Are you sure StackOverflow doesn't have an answer? Does the error tell you what's wrong? If the answer is no to all of those, message me.

3 minutes ago, Shadow_Storm56 said:

Because it's so violently good, it's almost graphic.

I don't think its a lack of trying but a lack of standards because many of the beej jerky company's mindset is increase profit and not necessarily quality.

10 minutes ago, LtStaffel said:

Came in to comment on "why in GPU section?", thread organization at the top says this is off topic, now I am confused

They moved it

10 minutes ago, Legendarypoet said:

Because it's so violently good, it's almost graphic.

It's like sex in your mouth

12 minutes ago, Legendarypoet said:

Because they're made by tunnel bears.

Or made of tunnel bears ?

1 hour ago, Shadow_Storm56 said:

They moved it

use multiquote next time

Join the Appleitionist cause! See spoiler below for answers to common questions that shouldn't be common!

Spoiler

Q: Do I have a virus?!
A: If you didn't click a sketchy email, haven't left your computer physically open to attack, haven't downloaded anything sketchy/free, know that your software hasn't been exploited in a new hack, then the answer is: probably not.

Q: What email/VPN should I use?
A: Proton mail and VPN are the best for email and VPNs respectively. (They're free in a good way)

Q: How can I stay anonymous on the (deep/dark) webzz???....

A: By learning how to de-anonymize everyone else; if you can do that, then you know what to do for yourself.

Q: What Linux distro is best for x y z?

A: Lubuntu for things with little processing power, Ubuntu for normal PCs, and if you need to do anything else then it's best if you do the research yourself.

Q: Why is my Linux giving me x y z error?

A: Have you not googled it? Are you sure StackOverflow doesn't have an answer? Does the error tell you what's wrong? If the answer is no to all of those, message me.

30 minutes ago, LtStaffel said:

use multiquote next time

When I read this I thought it said multipass :D

1251548345456.jpg

2 hours ago, Shadow_Storm56 said:

How is there jerky so good and everyone else is so bad...literally the only thing better I have gotten is from a farmers market. So why can savage jerky do it so good and everyone else makes flavored plastic ?

It depends on where you like and company you buy.

I actually have a pack of almost every single one and have opened up 3 of them so far. I don't actually care for it for various reasons. One is too much sugar (maple) and the other is too much seasoning on the moho, the other one I've opened had a bad sealing job done on it... They smell and taste good but imo not good enough to buy again possibly, even if I was state side.

2 hours ago, Shadow_Storm56 said:

Their jerked Bacon is fantastic. Both the Buffalo Maple and the Sriracha.

However, frankly, I don't like the rest of their selection that much.

I much prefer Jack Links Teriyaki over the stuff I tried from Savage. Not to say they were bad jerky, I just like Jack Links more.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I wasn't a big fan of the Savage Jerky since I've been frequenting the Beef Jerky Outlet at the Florida Mall for as long as they've been there (or since I've known about them). I think the bigger issue for me with Savage is that when I asked "where the meat came from", the support agent said "I don't know" and then had to find out that they purchase from a broker. Also, Beef Jerky Outlet has different meats available for their jerkies like salmon, elk, turkey, and possibly buffalo. 

https://www.beefjerkyoutlet.com/products

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

Really, you only eat that shit when your own the road.

Dirty gas stations when you gotta just drive and not sit down at a Subway for 5 minutes.

it's because other jerkys are just processed crap thrown together in small expensive portions because they can market it with the manly stereotype and get guys to eat it even when it's crap

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

people have varying opinions indeed. I love the cracked pepper and sea salt as well as the buffalo bacon. It's not better than the farmers market jerky I get but I find it very good.

On 2/16/2018 at 5:40 PM, Shadow_Storm56 said:

You havent tried the Bridgeford Sweet Babyrays beef jerky have you? Its pretty fucking good if you ask me. I like the Honey BBQ and Teriyaki. 

Ive though about buying some Savage Jerky, but Im not in to spicy foods so..... Ive never bought any. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

16 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

You havent tried the Bridgeford Sweet Babyrays beef jerky have you? Its pretty fucking good if you ask me. I like the Honey BBQ and Teriyaki. 

Ive though about buying some Savage Jerky, but Im not in to spicy foods so..... Ive never bought any. 

Fair enough, I just wish gas stations could have somthing half decent

Looking at the ingredients they all contain at least molasses (part of the Worcestershire sauce) & most brown sugar or sugar. Sugar, like salt & fat is a flavour enhancer, well more so carries the flavours.. But they all contain sugar in some way, so honestly I would put it down to there being the presence of sugar & salt in the product. Not saying the other flavours that are in them don't help, they certainly do. But yeah. Also doesn't seem like it's as healthy as they make it out to be if there's a considerable amount of salt & sugar in it, but I haven't tried it & there's no table of nutrition available to tell you how much per 100g of sugar, salt, protein, fat etc is in the product. So it's hard to tell.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

Just now, Virus__ said:

Looking at the ingredients they all contain at least molasses (part of the Worcestershire sauce) & most brown sugar or sugar. Sugar, like salt & fat is a flavour enhancer, well more so carries the flavours.. But they all contain sugar in some way, so honestly I would put it down to there being the presence of sugar & salt in the product. Not saying the other flavours that are in them don't help, they certainly do. But yeah. Also doesn't seem like it's as healthy as they make it out to be if there's a considerable amount of salt & sugar in it, but I haven't tried it & there's no table of nutrition available to tell you how much per 100g of sugar, salt, protein, fat etc is in the product. So it's hard to tell.

I never thought it was healthy in the sense of sugar and fat.... I just thought it was healthy in the sense of not having crazy stuff in it that no one can pronounce 

1 minute ago, Virus__ said:

Keep in mind it's beef jerky. So while it might be healthy compared to other beef jerky, it's not going to be super healthy no matter what.

Also keep in mind that the detriments of salt, fat, etc, are often very overblown.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I never thought it was healthy in the sense of sugar and fat.... I just thought it was healthy in the sense of not having crazy stuff in it that no one can pronounce 

The fact that certain ingredients are hard to pronounce has literally no bearing on their health impact.

For example. Dihydrogen monoxide is largely considered healthy, but it's harder to pronounce than "water".

"Chemicals", which is what most people are afraid of (or think cause cancer, etc), are literally everything. An organic orange is made of chemicals. So is organic Kale.

And many "naturally occurring and easily pronounceable" things are terrible for humans.

Just now, dalekphalm said:

Keep in mind it's beef jerky. So while it might be healthy compared to other beef jerky, it's not going to be super healthy no matter what.

Also keep in mind that the detriments of salt, fat, etc, are often very overblown.

Eh, most jerky I have had contains way too much sugar per 100g of product, it shouldn't taste like a god damn dessert & it also shouldn't taste like the sea either for example.

The Jack Links original line of jerky here in Australia averages 20g of sugar per 100g of jerky, that's 1/5th sugar man. Where as similar soft jerky here called Local Legends (made down the road from me) they have about 15g of sugar per 100g of jerky. Then if you move on to traditional dried jerky which is basically void of moisture like another local one to me Byron jerky, they boast 3.6g of sugar per 100g & 2.3g of sodium per 100g (which is about 50% more than the other 2 I mentioned).

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14