Why is savage jerky so good?

Shadow_Storm56
11 minutes ago, Shadow_Storm56 said:

I never thought it was healthy in the sense of sugar and fat.... I just thought it was healthy in the sense of not having crazy stuff in it that no one can pronounce 

Just because you can't pronounce it, doesn't mean it's automatically bad for you. Personally I don't like how it's advertised as a snack that is "good for you" which it probably is, but in small amounts, but most people probably don't eat things in small amounts, they'll gorge themselves on it instead. Which in return is not healthy.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

1 minute ago, Virus__ said:

Just because you can't pronounce it, doesn't mean it's automatically bad for you. Personally I don't like how it's advertised as a snack that is "good for you" which it probably is, but in small amounts, but most people probably don't eat things in small amounts, they'll gorge themselves on it instead. Which in return is not healthy.

Indeed the point to it being a "healthy snack" is the assumption that you're just eating 2-3 pieces of jerky as the snack.... not the whole bag.

But most people will likely eat a lot of the bag, not just a few pieces. I'm guilty as charged in this regard.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Just now, dalekphalm said:

Indeed the point to it being a "healthy snack" is the assumption that you're just eating 2-3 pieces of jerky as the snack.... not the whole bag.

But most people will likely eat a lot of the bag, not just a few pieces. I'm guilty as charged in this regard.

Yeah. Like most people think fruit is healthy, yes it is, in moderation.

I'm the same. I try not to be, because I want to better myself, but damn some stuff is just so more-ish & tasty. Also working in a supermarket & liquor store does not help at times when we can just write off stock if we wanna eat it or just take whatever we want from the bakery or produce department & eat it.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

2 minutes ago, Virus__ said:

I'm the same. I try not to be, because I want to better myself, but damn some stuff is just so more-ish & tasty. Also working in a supermarket & liquor store does not help at times when we can just write off stock if we wanna eat it or just take whatever we want from the bakery or produce department & eat it.

Personally I take the mantra of not over-worrying myself about health and nutrition. I try to eat decent, but when I want to pig out on some delicious beef jerky, you're goddamn right I'm gonna eat the whole bag.

To compensate, I try not to buy it on a regular basis.

But life is too short to deprive yourself of the delicious treats out there, in some vain attempt to live as long as possible (while probably living a less happy life).

That's not to say, don't try. Of course, try to eat healthy. But splurging now and then isn't going to noticeably impact your health.

Now some people can't control themselves, or have other medical issues which make them more prone to becoming unhealthy due to eating certain foods. They have to treat more carefully.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

Personally I take the mantra of not over-worrying myself about health and nutrition. I try to eat decent, but when I want to pig out on some delicious beef jerky, you're goddamn right I'm gonna eat the whole bag.

To compensate, I try not to buy it on a regular basis.

But life is too short to deprive yourself of the delicious treats out there, in some vain attempt to live as long as possible (while probably living a less happy life).

That's not to say, don't try. Of course, try to eat healthy. But splurging now and then isn't going to noticeably impact your health.

Now some people can't control themselves, or have other medical issues which make them more prone to becoming unhealthy due to eating certain foods. They have to treat more carefully.

Oh for sure. I mean I was in taking way too much sugar on a daily basis, normally at least 500ml can of monster, mother, rockstar, red bull a day or something like a 750ml iced coffee. I cut that shit out & stopped for the most part having stuff with sugar in it, upped the water intake & within a month i'd lost a significant amount of weight & I think 8 months later now i've dropped 4 sizes in pants & 2 shirt sizes. It's a nice feeling. I didn't stop having sugar, just drastically cut it out & have it as a treat every now & then in something sweet.

8 minutes ago, Virus__ said:

The better it tastes the worse it is for you. Our bodies are still designed to love things that have tons of fat and calories but we have evolved to not be in constant search for food so this mech is annoying. It tastes good and I like it... It's defiantly not like eating kale.... It's really not that health of a snack besides knowing it's not full of bad things.... also to the person earlier I know people are like oh no it contains chemicals.... It's like everything contains chemicals...it is chemicals and proteins... 

3 minutes ago, Virus__ said:

Oh for sure. I mean I was in taking way too much sugar on a daily basis, normally at least 500ml can of monster, mother, rockstar, red bull a day or something like a 750ml iced coffee. I cut that shit out & stopped for the most part having stuff with sugar in it, upped the water intake & within a month i'd lost a significant amount of weight & I think 8 months later now i've dropped 4 sizes in pants & 2 shirt sizes. It's a nice feeling. I didn't stop having sugar, just drastically cut it out & have it as a treat every now & then in something sweet.

You are one if the lucky ones, I love water but alot of people can barley stomach it, they hate it so they always drink sugar drinks which really hurts the wasteline. I do find it odd how people can  hate water..then again I knew a guy who hated food once so yea... 

14 minutes ago, Shadow_Storm56 said:

You are one if the lucky ones, I love water but alot of people can barley stomach it, they hate it so they always drink sugar drinks which really hurts the wasteline. I do find it odd how people can  hate water..then again I knew a guy who hated food once so yea... 

I grew up with very little in the way of sugary drinks, at best watered back fruit juice & the occasional soft drink if I went to a friends. So it was basically just water which was fine, I love the stuff, i'll easily drink a litre at a time when it's hot & i've been sweating my guts out working.

I knew someone who flat out refused to drink water, mostly because the property he lived on their water source was dam water which in all honestly was fucking nasty. If you're going to not have town water, best bet is to harvest rain water imo, it tastes the best.

I know why most hate it, at least the ones I know, they grew up on a diet of sugar loaded foods.

3 minutes ago, Virus__ said:

I grew up with very little in the way of sugary drinks, at best watered back fruit juice & the occasional soft drink if I went to a friends. So it was basically just water which was fine, I love the stuff, i'll easily drink a litre at a time when it's hot & i've been sweating my guts out working.

I knew someone who flat out refused to drink water, mostly because the property he lived on their water source was dam water which in all honestly was fucking nasty. If you're going to not have town water, best bet is to harvest rain water imo, it tastes the best.

I know why most hate it, at least the ones I know, they grew up on a diet of sugar loaded foods.

I'll take water over anything sugary any day. It's so refreshing 

3 minutes ago, Shadow_Storm56 said:

I'll take water over anything sugary any day. It's so refreshing 

It's really the only thing that will re-hydrate you, well at least with me..

On 2/16/2018 at 9:34 PM, Cole5 said:

It's not great, I had a sample with Naturebox, 

Hey there! We've actually never worked with NatureBox. 

On 2/16/2018 at 8:46 PM, ARikozuM said:

I wasn't a big fan of the Savage Jerky since I've been frequenting the Beef Jerky Outlet at the Florida Mall for as long as they've been there (or since I've known about them). I think the bigger issue for me with Savage is that when I asked "where the meat came from", the support agent said "I don't know" and then had to find out that they purchase from a broker. Also, Beef Jerky Outlet has different meats available for their jerkies like salmon, elk, turkey, and possibly buffalo. 

https://www.beefjerkyoutlet.com/products

Smoked Salmon Jerky sounds so good.

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!