Preferred sauce/dip to go with Tortilla chips

@dizmo's status update has inspired this! What is you're preferred sauce/dip or other condiment to go with Tortilla chips (Or other similar ones)?

(I have a boring one of just cheese dip sauce, but I attribute that towards my love for cheese/milk)

Really it's either guacamole (and the real stuff, none of that stuff that claims to be it but is really just some avocado powder and some seasoning in a tub of lard) or salsa that will be my go to dip for tortilla chips. Other than that I flat out eat them naked.

and also anything that's cheese flavored to me tastes really disgusting, like it it's just polarizing dipping it and finding out it tastes old. I would only like cheese dip if it's just 100 real cheese.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

2 minutes ago, terrytek said:

and also anything that's cheese flavored to me tastes really disgusting, like it it's just polarizing dipping it and finding out it tastes old. I would only like cheese dip if it's just 100 real cheese.

I usually go the homemade route, a ton of the store stuff tastes... fluffy? (Not the good kind) I find Velveeta tastes good, but that isn't real cheese :P

Just now, tjcater said:

I usually go the homemade route, a ton of the store stuff tastes... fluffy? (Not the good kind) I find Velveeta tastes good, but that isn't real cheese :P

you talking about cheese sauce? i don't even make cheese sauce because IDK it seems less "nutritious" over other sauces like salsa and guac, which have some benefits. I just tend to avoid cheese flavored and any cheese sauce in general just bc they just seem loaded with fat and sodium.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Hot salsa, guac, SOUR CREAM!

I'm always down to try new dips though. Hopefully some people have something else they use.

8 minutes ago, terrytek said:

This has always been the most disturbing thing to me.

can-of-cheese1.jpg

I'm pretty sure they don't sell it in Canada, so I've never had the displeasure of having it forced upon me. It just looks. So gross.

That said I do like Cheez Whiz from time to time. Which I imagine is similar. *shrugs*

3 minutes ago, tjcater said:

Velveeta Mac and Cheese is by far the best one, but holy is it ever expensive compared to the vanilla variety.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

you talking about cheese sauce? i don't even make cheese sauce because IDK it seems less "nutritious" over other sauces like salsa and guac, which have some benefits. I just tend to avoid cheese flavored and any cheese sauce in general just bc they just seem loaded with fat and sodium.

Note taken, didn't even think of the distinction between the two. Well I mix it with tomatos and chilis when I'm not lazy (Rotel for lazy days) but when I eat chips I tend to ignore the health side. (I don't eat chips often so I decide to splurge)

1 minute ago, dizmo said:

<snipped>

I'm pretty sure they don't sell it in Canada, so I've never had the displeasure of having it forced upon me. It just looks. So gross.

That said I do like Cheez Whiz from time to time. Which I imagine is similar. *shrugs*

What mad man uses easy cheese with chips! I would avoid that like the plague too.

9 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Hot salsa, guac, SOUR CREAM!

I'm always down to try new dips though. Hopefully some people have something else they use.

can-of-cheese1.jpg

Velveeta Mac and Cheese is by far the best one, but holy is it ever expensive compared to the vanilla variety.

The fact cheese can come out of the same can as whipped cream kinda disturbs me. Just looks so unappetizing.

4 minutes ago, tjcater said:

Note taken, didn't even think of the distinction between the two. Well I mix it with tomatos and chilis when I'm not lazy (Rotel for lazy days) but when I eat chips I tend to ignore the health side. (I don't eat chips often so I decide to splurge)

What mad man uses easy cheese with chips! I would avoid that like the plague too.

Normally i do eat tortilla chips from time to time, and to kinda make up for the caloric penalty of the chips i just go with some semi healthy dips.

8 minutes ago, tjcater said:

I honestly can't think of a single good use for it :P

The fact cheese can come out of the same can as whipped cream kinda disturbs me. Just looks so unappetizing.

Right? I really want to know what the rest of that sentence at the top is too. No need to...what?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Saute onions and garlic in a large sauce pan.

Once golden brown, add 1lbs. of Ground beef or any combination of beef, sausage, etc. and dash of salt and pepper. Cook until just browned (until you no longer see pink)

Transfer to slow cooker, add Velveeta cheese and cook until melted. You can add Jalapeno's to taste if you like, as well as salt and pepper. You can add other cheeses if you wish, but Velveeta is a good base I find, because it's made to be melted and works well at that.

I like it.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

Velveeta cheese hands down.  Especially if browning up some beef to mix into it.  Mmmmm.  I usually add Rotel tomatoes and onions too.

One can get creative with using it as a base.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

Pico De Gallo or Restaurant style salsas and cheese.

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

'm pretty sure they don't sell it in Canada, so I've never had the displeasure of having it forced upon me. It just looks. So gross.

It's just a softened and fatty cheese...

And it's awesome.

1 hour ago, dizmo said:

guac

Revolting.

1 hour ago, tjcater said:

What mad man uses easy cheese with chips!

I use it on crackers. Fight me.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

I use it on crackers. Fight me.

This, is, waarrr! /jk

Forgot that crackers can be considered chips, now the question is would you put them on Tortilla chips? I will now ponder the meaning of cheese

Just now, tjcater said:

now the question is would you put them on Tortilla chips?

If I have nothing else.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 hour ago, Trik'Stari said:

Saute onions and garlic in a large sauce pan.

Once golden brown, add 1lbs. of Ground beef or any combination of beef, sausage, etc. and dash of salt and pepper. Cook until just browned (until you no longer see pink)

Transfer to slow cooker, add Velveeta cheese and cook until melted. You can add Jalapeno's to taste if you like, as well as salt and pepper. You can add other cheeses if you wish, but Velveeta is a good base I find, because it's made to be melted and works well at that.

I like it.

Curious, why use a slow cooker instead of just putting it in a double boiler/pot on low?

19 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

It's just a softened and fatty cheese...

And it's awesome.

Revolting.

Haha, yes, avocado and lime is really more revolting than processed cheese in an aerosol can xD

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

8 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Haha, yes, avocado and lime is really more revolting than processed cheese in an aerosol can xD

Avocado, and everything derived from it, is vomit inducing garbage.

Cheese in a can just makes one fat.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

I use half a jar of salsa and a tin of red kidney beans and mash them together.

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

My dad makes a cheese and chroizo ( not spelling that right lol ) dip every time we watch something like super bowl, new years, 4th july, etc and I really like it I just have no idea what you need other then a skillet, sausage, and cream cheese lol

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

Guacamole or a thick chopped roasted tomato salsa. Gott damm, there's a couple hole in the wall places in my town that have absolutely bomb salsa. i wish they sold it by the gallon, or i wish i spoke enough spanish to talk to the chefs and figure out what the recipe is :3

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Anything that not from, made in, or originating from the USA.

Linus is my fetish.

med or hot salsa out of a jar

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

12 hours ago, terrytek said:

Really it's either guacamole (and the real stuff, none of that stuff that claims to be it but is really just some avocado powder and some seasoning in a tub of lard)

what tf is avocado powder?

Guacamole is hard to beat, but hummus is really nice too.