Man dies in a "swatting" prank

XenosTech
42 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Is barriss the swatter? Nice

Yes.  This is his second prank involving 911 in the last year or so.  He needs to have his tongue cut out (so he can't talk) and his fingers destroyed (so he can't type).  Then he'll have issues with contacting authorities in the future.

Prick.

Editing Rig: Mac Pro 7,1

System Specs: 3.2GHz 16-core Xeon | 96GB ECC DDR4 | AMD Radeon Pro W6800X Duo | Lots of SSD and NVMe storage |

Audio: Universal Audio Apollo Thunderbolt-3 Interface |

Displays: 3 x LG 32UL950-W displays |

Gaming Rig: PC

System Specs:  Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme | AMD 7800X3D | 64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 6000MHz RAM | NVidia 4090 FE card (OC'd) | Corsair AX1500i power supply | CaseLabs Magnum THW10 case (RIP CaseLabs ) |

Audio:  Sound Blaster AE-9 card | Mackie DL32R Mixer | Sennheiser HDV820 amp | Sennheiser HD820 phones | Rode Broadcaster mic |

Display: Asus PG32UQX 4K/144Hz displayBenQ EW3280U display

Cooling:  2 x EK 140 Revo D5 Pump/Res | EK Quantum Magnitude CPU block | EK 4090FE waterblock | AlphaCool 480mm x 60mm rad | AlphaCool 560mm x 60mm rad | 13 x Noctua 120mm fans | 8 x Noctua 140mm fans | 2 x Aquaero 6XT fan controllers |

16 hours ago, RagnarokDel said:

If the guy was unarmed, absolutely he should be charged for murder.

the Swat member if I am correct has trauma from killing and innocent man I don't believe he should be charged becuase he believe the man was a murders with hostages, but the person who swatted should receive murder, and the person who called the swatter and the person who gave the fake address should be charged I just don't know what.

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

13 minutes ago, jasonvp said:

He needs to have his tongue cut out (so he can't talk) and his fingers destroyed (so he can't type)

He's more likely to face a dozen years in prison but yeah xD

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

1 hour ago, Energycore said:

The person you quoted never said anything about thousands, they said "plenty" which is a very different term. Thousands is something that you said.

I love that logic. "I didn't kill him, I merely convinced someone else to use deadly force against him, totally not my fault.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2017/12/after-swatting-death-in-kansas-25-year-old-arrested-in-los-angeles/

The man claiming to be behind SWAuTistic gave an interview on Friday to the YouTube show "Drama Alert," in which he explained what allegedly happened. According to this account, SWAuTistic was "sitting in the library" and "minding my own business" when he was contacted by an irate Call of Duty player who had just gotten in a dispute with another player. The first player wanted the second player "swatted." Would SWAuTistic take care of it?

"Sure, I love swatting kids who think that nothing's going to happen," SWAuTistic recounted. He followed his target on social media, and the target eventually egged him on by providing a real-world (but inaccurate) address in Wichita.

"Bomb threats are more fun and cooler than swats in my opinion and I should have just stuck to that... But I began making $ doing some swat requests.”

He also claimed to have been behind the bomb threat that disrupted the FCC net neutrality votefor a few minutes earlier this month.

I'm all for this guy sinking various options for his legal defense as fast as possible... But holy HELL is this guy stupid.  ALL of this could be used against him.  He could be facing MULTIPLE charges from MULTIPLE jurisdictions with these admissions as time moves on.  For sure they are going to get warrants for as much of his communications as they can and they will share those details with other jurisdictions where he may have made bomb threats or made SWAT attacks.

Here's some free legal advice from someone who's not a lawyer: SHUT THE FUCK UP UNLESS YOUR OWN LAWYER TELLS YOU OTHERWISE

Story time!

Those that follow me already know that someone (I know exactly who) attempted to swat me.

While that was unsuccessful, the far more common means of retaliation is someone calling adult protective services on me saying that I am being abusive to my mentally and physically disabled little brother.

Also damaging my property then calling code enforcement works pretty well too.

Unless it's something extreme like swatting, nobody is going to get in trouble for making false complaints just to make your life miserable.

There is an underlying issue in american society that needs to be addressed, and if it doesn't, swatting will continue to happen.

My only hope, is that this incident will be the catalyst for some changes.

Nevertheless, ALWAYS lie about your home address online, wherever possible.

8 minutes ago, Cinnabar Sonar said:

Everyone repeat after me:

100 North Pole Lane Drive South

North Pole, Antarctica 00000-0001

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

10 minutes ago, Cinnabar Sonar said:

It amazes me the amount of people who disclosures this information to begin with

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

2 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

It amazes me the amount of people who disclosures this information to begin with

None of the incidents with me were from online.

3 hours ago, dizmo said:

I'm sorry, what? What does a neighborhoods looks have to do with anything? Violent crimes happen in all types of surrounding. Did you listen to the 911 call? It was quite long, there were multiple calls, and it wasn't just a simple "hey I have a gun and I might kill someone" call.

You simply can't compare situations. People have different mindsets, and before you try and say that cops should all be professional, you have to consider the fact that they're all human. Until we have widespread robotic officers, you have to take that into account. In that situation, the officers were beside him. Armed robbery is also a far cry from murder and hostage taking.

Also, the officer was put on desk duty. Don't assume they just go around shooting people and they're back on the street.

Oh no, desk duty with pay. Doesn't even have to walk or run... how evillll!!!!!

you are some kind of shill.

4 hours ago, dizmo said:

Haha, while I agree with that, it doesn't make you angry that it's a thing at all? Few things surprise me, but the fact that this person could both get away with it, and even if caught, likely faces a very light punishment sickens me.

I hope his friends turn him in.

It doesn't make me angry at all actually, I don't let myself get affected by things out of my control. But I do agree that the person calling in the false claim should be prosecuted accordingly.

44 minutes ago, Cinnabar Sonar said:

Which is what the intended target did when he gave the oxygen thief who called the cops his address with a come at me bro mentality in a twitter DM.

So I'll just post this video from sidalpha which does have a bit more information then the press is providing (although, he does make his feelings regarding these wastes of space and oxygen really clear).

The more disturbing bit is that if the suspect behind the false call was a bit smarter with protecting his identity (IE: A twitter account connected via VPN and false name), it would have been virtually impossible to identify and apprehend him.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

12 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

The more disturbing bit is that if the suspect behind the false call was a bit smarter with protecting his identity (IE: A twitter account connected via VPN and false name), it would have been virtually impossible to identify and apprehend him.

Well in this case he deserved to be caught

6 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Supposedly this is a tweet from one of the perps who was involved:

k747erjged82ijmbzvlb.png

If it's true, wow.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/dec/29/wichita-man-killed-by-police-after-false-hostage-report-was-murdered-mother-swatting#img-1

According to this latest update by The Guardian the authorities have just arrested him.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

6 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

Well in this case he deserved to be caught

True enough, though the point I was making is that with a couple extra steps with anonymization, someone could really make life miserable for another individual with virtually no risk to him/herself.

My eyes see the past…

1 hour ago, Cinnabar Sonar said:

None of the incidents with me were from online.

If you know who the person is there are plenty of way to get back at them or to make them never want to mess with you again, my general strategy is intimidation as most people get the vibe that I couldn't care less whether they exist or not so they steer clear of me if I do not like them.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

20 minutes ago, Cinnabar Sonar said:

2 likes?  Who the fuck liked this shit?!

Accidental button press, hopefully?

My eyes see the past…

10 hours ago, mynameisjuan said:

While I understand that American cops have to be careful since they cant risk being shot, SWAT should not use lethal force when at a residential home. 

Cops usually only have a bulletproof vest and thus if shot have a good risk of dying, so if someone reaches for ANYTHING I can understand why they take their safety first. SWAT however, are armored head to toe. If a person does reach for a gun damage could be minimal. 

Sad that this "prank" turned out in death over a god damn video game. 

You're looking at it in the wrong light. They didn't fire just to protect themselves, but others as well. If they get shot at, even if the bullets miss, they still have the potential to kill. The bullet has to end up somewhere. Lots of people are killed every year by misplaced drive by shots, stray bullets, etc.

It shouldn't be called a prank. In no way is this a prank. It's an act of terrorism.

6 hours ago, Selah said:

Oh no, desk duty with pay. Doesn't even have to walk or run... how evillll!!!!!

Which is standard practice for any officer involved shooting.

Do you even know what shill means? It doesn't work the way you're trying to use it. 9_9

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

10 hours ago, mynameisjuan said:

Cops usually only have a bulletproof vest and thus if shot have a good risk of dying, so if someone reaches for ANYTHING I can understand why they take their safety first. SWAT however, are armored head to toe. If a person does reach for a gun damage could be minimal.

Most body armors, including everything available to SWAT, can't stop a second rifle cartridge if it lands roughly an inch away from the first one, many can't with two 9mm Luger rounds. Some can't stop a true 5.56 NATO round. Anyone with an American 180, or a fast trigger and a .22LR that holds 15+ rounds, can take down a SWAT member. Of all that, the only thing that SWAT isn't likely to encounter is the American 180, and only because it was a fully automatic weapon developed for the Police, to have a weapon that can chew through body armor with 10 well placed shots, on a platform with virtually no recoil, and a fire rate so fast that a light tap of the trigger sent 3 rounds down range.

Death is still very present to SWAT.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

9 minutes ago, dizmo said:
7 hours ago, Selah said:

Which is standard practice for any officer involved shooting.

Do you even know what shill means? It doesn't work the way you're trying to use it. 9_9

"an accomplice of a hawker, gambler, or swindler who acts as an enthusiastic customer to entice or encourage others.:"

Acting enthusiastically about murder and attempting to swindle people into giving away their rights to safety and life under the guise of ensured protection for giving up said safety.....

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Sounds like shilling to me. Should I have called you a bootlicker instead? Before you decide to blatantly shill out towards others maybe you should do research in the actual penalizing actions taken towards "civil servants" that are under review for murdering a citizen in the name of "public safety". The VAST majority get extended paid time off and/or desk duty then are returned to active service. It is not uncommon to give them a pay raise and an advanced rank within their police unit. It is exceedingly rare they're fired/imprisoned/probated/demoted.

If I lacked morals I'd become a cop 100%. It's easy to pass the PT and all you have to do is fork up 10k to get an national avg. salary of 70k - benefits. Near impossible to be fired, a lack of physical effort required compared to most retail/manufacturing/hospitality jobs, enormous cred from people absolutely sucking my dick because I wear a badge. Hell fuckin yeah I'd do it.

22 minutes ago, Selah said:
"an accomplice of a hawker, gambler, or swindler who acts as an enthusiastic customer to entice or encourage others.:"

Acting enthusiastically about murder and attempting to swindle people into giving away their rights to safety and life under the guise of ensured protection for giving up said safety.....

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Sounds like shilling to me. Should I have called you a bootlicker instead? Before you decide to blatantly shill out towards others maybe you should do research in the actual penalizing actions taken towards "civil servants" that are under review for murdering a citizen in the name of "public safety". The VAST majority get extended paid time off and/or desk duty then are returned to active service. It is not uncommon to give them a pay raise and an advanced rank within their police unit. It is exceedingly rare they're fired/imprisoned/probated/demoted.

If I lacked morals I'd become a cop 100%. It's easy to pass the PT and all you have to do is fork up 10k to get an national avg. salary of 70k - benefits. Near impossible to be fired, a lack of physical effort required compared to most retail/manufacturing/hospitality jobs, enormous cred from people absolutely sucking my dick because I wear a badge. Hell fuckin yeah I'd do it.

Nice story. 

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

11 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Most body armors, including everything available to SWAT, can't stop a second rifle cartridge if it lands roughly an inch away from the first one, many can't with two 9mm Luger rounds. Some can't stop a true 5.56 NATO round. Anyone with an American 180, or a fast trigger and a .22LR that holds 15+ rounds, can take down a SWAT member. Of all that, the only thing that SWAT isn't likely to encounter is the American 180, and only because it was a fully automatic weapon developed for the Police, to have a weapon that can chew through body armor with 10 well placed shots, on a platform with virtually no recoil, and a fire rate so fast that a light tap of the trigger sent 3 rounds down range.

Death is still very present to SWAT.

And that is why they are called Body Armor and rated as Bullet Resistant with an actual rating as there are different grades of Body Armor, body armor also doesn't cover everything. I'm no expert and that is far as my knowledge goes on that but this should be fairly common sense if people stop and think about it.

Let's not forget we're all talking about this with the benefit of both time and hindsight, something you don't get in those situations.

From my short amount of looking in to this story there are some interesting bits of information that make it not your usual criminal nuisance call.

• The call did not come through 911, it came through local police substation number. Something not documented as being done before in this situation. I think it's slightly harder to track than a 911 call. 911 then called the number back.
  • The call was very well thought out, see above, and presented a very serious situation. Young children were reported in the house. The man on the phone call was threatening to shoot his mother and that petrol has been poured around the house and that he was going to light it on fire.
  • The caller's phone number was checked for nuisance call history and none was found.

Police officers seldom shoot anyone to protect themselves. This is not why they shoot suspects.

Now I agree that American police officers should under go more training, like other countries, and cover more than just basic weapon handling and general procedures. However you don't 'deescalate' a situation with someone already dead, life of children is in danger and there is a person with a gun, you end it as fast as possible with or without shooting or killing the suspect but you don't give them time to do anything harmful.

Had there been no threat to life of others, especially children, and was just a man with a gun report the necessity to shoot so quickly would have been much less.

So I will maintain the position to not condemn the actions of the police officer and await the details of the incident report and subsequent investigations. 

Lot of bloody armchair experts in here. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

14 hours ago, mynameisjuan said:

While we call the act SWATing most of the time an armed tactical response unit is not dispatched to these incidences, which I believe is the case for this. This was a regular officer not attached to a special unit. Those units actually take longer to arrive than a standard police unit who are responsible for securing the scene and assessing the situation, who then call in a tactical response unit if required.

The person was also more likely shot so he could not shoot anyone in the house or set it on fire like was threatening to do so in the call, being still in the doorway it only takes a dropped lighter.

Edit

P.S. He being the person calling the police not the person who got shot, who at the time is one and the same to the police.