Nvidia's very exclusive measuring device

NumLock21
8 hours ago, Hiya! said:

So thats it?  a freakin ruler? -__-

What, so you don't appreciate the thing Nvidia does? Maybe I should go report it to Jen Hsun, so he can personally go to your place, and punish you by, making you write, "I appreciate all the thing Nvidia does. I love Nvidia!" a thousand times on the blackboard. 

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

Just now, NumLock21 said:

What, so you don't appreciate the thing Nvidia does? Maybe I should go report it to Jen Hsun, so he can personally go to your place, and punish you by, making you write, "I appreciate all the thing Nvidia does. I love Nvidia!" a thousand times on the blackboard. 

After they deal with my 12Gauge.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

3 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

After they deal with my 12Gauge.

Your 12 guage won't do squat, cause their Titan V armor suit is impenetrable!

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

Just now, NumLock21 said:

Your 12 guage won't do squat, cause Titan V armor suit is impenetrable!

e12.png

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

4 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

e12.png

Part 2 of 3...

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

4 hours ago, laminutederire said:

Since when?

Nobel prizes and fields medal from the US are European or Asian and were naturalized...

Neural networks are developed in the US, yet it came from a French guy (Le Cun). Computer science started at Princeton with Von Neumann an Hungarian guy. Einstein did a lot in the US but was Austrian. Emmy Noether was from Germany and worked a lot for the US.

Tao earned the US a fields medal and he is Australian borned.

The sole reason there is science in the US is that company in the US pay people a lot and make the best people come. Simple as that.

Well better learn one system and be done with it. It just takes less time to do, and nearly everyone else is agreeing on that, which may not be for nothing...

Those person excepted, basic Americans are just average. And brillant Americans aren't that prevalent and people from everywhere else are just as good or most times better.

Oh please. There are tons of brilliant American scientists and engineers. Field medals being purely for theoretical work, fine, but that's not the focus in American education. It's much more focused on the practical. I myself got a Master's in Computer Science in just four years and took the advanced senior and graduate courses starting in my fifth semester. I can do the theory work for algorithms and AI just fine. That said, it's fairly useless if you're not hired to do algorithm research.

And I have yet to meet a French, Aussie, or Hungarian who is kick ass enough at HPC to keep up with me.

The rest of the western world developed its systems of government from the American model. The rest of the western world depends on the American military to keep the peace and ward off Chinese, Russian, and other forms of geopolitical aggression. If America disappeared tomorrow, the world would be owned wholly by Russia and China by the end of 2018.

It's not arrogance. It's appreciation for the romance of the English language. There's nothing human or relatable in the metric system. It also takes forever to say anything other than meter. There's also that nasty detail of America rebuilt most of the world's infrastructure after WWI and WWII, so you got the benefit of 220/240V from us. You got the benefit of starting over fresh thanks to American generosity in Europe, Japan, and China. What's arrogant is the rest of the world thinking it can just take all of that for granted AND bash the U.S. at the same time. Show some respect.

I would only use it as a standard ruler. It looks amazingly complex nonetheless, and it sure must allow interesting conversations to happen between buddies.

thread lock in 3...

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

12 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

thread lock in 3...

It's going to be three hours, I guess. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

15 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

thread lock in 3...

I doubt it. There was nothing derogatory, and it's a single volley.

13 hours ago, Rune said:

I....want one.

Won't help you much in the literature club IMO.

1 hour ago, Okjoek said:

Bookmark? Measuring the volumes of volumes? 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

9 hours ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Well, if you're going to get into America bashing, do realize we excel at all of the sciences. All of them. And it has a lot to do with cultural rejection of unnatural approaches derived from brutalist philosophical products, like SI for casual use. The Imperial System is more naturalistic and understandable in the common measures that interact with daily life. This is the reason we use mostly Imperial, but use SI in scientific applications.

I do love the standard line about Americans not knowing about the rest of the world, yet it never seems to come up that you can simply teach both systems, which we do. 

I live in the us, in silicon valley, an i can definitely say most companies here do NOT exclusively use the imperial system. If you are a mechanical engineer in the us that works on anything other than heavy iron, chances are you are gong to be using the metric system.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

2 hours ago, Okjoek said:

But with Libitina...ah, I shouldn't be talking about this.

The ultra exclusive ruler. Wow, much impress.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

2 minutes ago, byalexandr said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/PCB-Reference-Ruler-PCB-Packaging-Units-for-Electronic-Engineers-new/122776243741?hash=item1c9608ce1d:g:Z60AAOSwzXxZ8xLc

Tons of them on eBay for like $0.99. I bet you can just print your own as well, the only thing that makes this one special is the Nvidia logo.

That only goes to 15 inches. The Nvidia one is bigger ;)

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

4 hours ago, Rune said:

But with Libitina...ah, I shouldn't be talking about this.

I saw the Game Theory episode about that. 

Actually watching the Game Grumps play through right now. They just started hitting the creepy shit.

Edit: Hey wanna know how to make this ruler even more expensive for no reason?

IOT

5 hours ago, Lurick said:

That only goes to 15 inches. The Nvidia one is bigger ;)

Looks like the Nvidia is a standard ruler to me, 12 inches.

7 hours ago, byalexandr said:

Looks like the Nvidia is a standard ruler to me, 12 inches.

Oh! The damn commie units were on top!

Lol, missed that :D

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

On 12/26/2017 at 1:17 AM, Taf the Ghost said:

And it has a lot to do with cultural rejection of unnatural approaches derived from brutalist philosophical products, like SI for casual use. The Imperial System is more naturalistic and understandable in the common measures that interact with daily life. This is the reason we use mostly Imperial, but use SI in scientific applications.

If you are born in a country that uses metric then metric is completely natural and understandable. If you talk to people born and raised and only uses metric and try and talk imperial I and can guarantee you we would have no idea what the hell you mean and have no real mental reference to the size you are saying, not easily.

I'm born and raised metric and here it is extremely rare to refer to anything in imperial units, I think the only thing left is older people and baby born weight, so if you ask me to go get a 3/8 inch wrench you are going to get a "WTF are you talking about look from me".

Any debate about which system is better that hinges on usability is moot since it is totally down to the local society and what they use, that will be the most natural to those people.

If it's actually about which is better from a technical point then it is the metric system, if you're interested at all in precision which science and engineering is then metric is what you will want to be using.

TL;DR Imperial is the most unnatural and unusable measurement system to me since I've never used it and will never use it in this country.

• 1 year later...

I know it's an ancient thread.  Has anyone heard if they are going to do a new... errr...  wider?  Ruler for the new RTX pinouts?   I have a couple of the ones that cover the 1080's and so forth.  

I always thought nVidia's measuring device was a piece of string with knots on that indicate how gullible they think their fanbois are, and how much they want to overprice their cards.  :)

System 1: Gigabyte Aorus B450 Pro, Ryzen 5 2600X, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz, Sapphire 5700XT, 250GB NVME WD Black, 2x Crucial MX5001TB, 2x Seagate 3TB, H115i AIO, Sharkoon BW9000 case with corsair ML fans, EVGA G2 Gold 650W Modular PSU, liteon bluray/dvd/rw.. NO RGB aside from MB and AIO pump. Triple 27" Monitor setup (1x 144hz, 2x 75hz, all freesync/freesync 2)

System 2: Asus M5 MB, AMD FX8350, 16GB DDR3, Sapphire RX580, 30TB of storage, 250GB SSD, Silverstone HTPC chassis, Corsair 550W Modular PSU, Noctua cooler, liteon bluray/dvd/rw, 4K HDR display (Samsung TV)

System 3 & 4: nVidia shield TV (2017 & 2019) Pro with extra 128GB samsung flash drives.

As this is a Tech News topic from 2017, you're going to need to start a new topic (probably in Off Topic) if you want to continue the discussion, sorry.

HTTP/2 203