Rockstar reveal first "Addon" for Red Dead Redemption 2

ItsMitch

Rockstar Games has revealed its first add-on for Red Dead Redemption for Consoles, which is slated for 2018 release. It's currently unknown if Rockstar will consider a PC port but people have said it'll be a rough late 2019/2020 until a PC version. 

The requirements to unlock the Revolver is to just go to your Phone and follow the clues, you'll be awarded the cash and the access to the revolver, it's unknown how that'll be done although, maybe a code or it being locked to your account

Rumors of a lost relic from the frontier have begun to surface, and treasure awaits those bold enough to seek it. Keep an eye on your iFruit for a special in-game email containing the first clue, then follow the trail to unlock the Double-Action Revolver in GTA Online.

Once you acquire your gratis Double-Action Revolver, complete the Headshot Challenge in Freemode for a GTA$250,000 reward and unlock it for future gun-slinging exploits in Red Dead Redemption 2 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

It's weird that they're doing this after a month ago, in an investor call that they're doing extremely well and will strongly consider adding them to the game. 

Source: http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60320/Uncover-the-Double-Action-Revolver

Is it seriously that hard for them to port games to the PC?.... WHEN THEY ARE MADE ON THE PC?

*Insert Name* R̶y̶z̶e̶n̶ Intel Build!  https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/748542-insert-name-r̶y̶z̶e̶n̶-intel-build/

Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS Z270X Gaming 5 CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K GPU: ASUS STRIX OC GTX 1080 RAM: Corsair Ballistix Sport LT 2400mhz Cooler: Enermax ETS-T40F-BK PSU: Corsair CX750M SSD: PNY CS1311 120GB HDD: Seagate Momentum 2.5" 7200RPM 500GB

12 minutes ago, Brehohn said:

Is it seriously that hard for them to port games to the PC?.... WHEN THEY ARE MADE ON THE PC?

Time is money and there's really no "dev-kit" for PC meaning they'll have to code things especially well for all hardware combinations. 

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

How is this an add-on? More like an easter egg that carries over to RDR2.

P.s already completed it the other day took about 15ish minutes.

1 minute ago, JAKEBAB said:

More like an easter egg that carries over the RDR2

Disagree, it's more of an addon because I doubt you'll get it in the base game so you have to do something out of the game to acquire it.

Just now, SC2Mitch said:

Disagree, it's more of an addon because I doubt you'll get it in the base game so you have to do something out of the game to acquire it.

I personally really enjoy this. It's not something new, in a few Ubisoft games to get skins or whatever for say Rainbow 6, you have to own The Divison or Wildlands. 
To get this "revolver" you literally just have to have your Social Club account linked. It takes less than 30 minutes to do and boo fucking hoo, they're rewarding players who own GTA V.  It's a fucking weapon skin.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

2 hours ago, ARikozuM said:

Time is money and there's really no "dev-kit" for PC meaning they'll have to code things especially well for all hardware combinations. 

True, but RDR2 will use an updated version of the rage engine. GTA V runs on an older version but it's a well optimized one.

And GTA IV will run on an updated version of the rage engine anyway so they'll have to optimize newer versions anyway, so why not start now already?

Older and newer versions of the engine that RDR2 uses will run on PC so it wouldn't be too much work to make the game run properly on pc's.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

2 hours ago, Brehohn said:

All the money is in consoles.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2017/11/07/gta-5-has-sold-in-85-million-copies

GTA5 has sold 85 million units.  There's no available breakdown of units with this number, however SteamSpy puts GTA5 units sold on Steam at about 8 million.  This doesn't count for EVERY PC unit though as there's a non-Steam PC release that wouldn't be counted here.  Even if we assume that the non-Steam version sold as many as Steam (And it sure as hell didn't) that'd be only 16million units vs 69 remaining units for 360, PS3, Xbox One and PS4.  So yeah, even with the most unreasonably high estimate for the PC, the consoles made all the real money.  The PC is more a side story.

On that note, it is critical to considder GTA Online.  The -real- cash cow is GTA Online rather than GTA5 itself, so the size of the playerbase on given platforms is important too since it's those 'Shark Cards' that basically print money for Rockstar today.

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/news/2013/10/confirmed-grand-theft-auto-breaks-six-sales-world-records-51900

Keep in mind, that in it's first 24hrs on sale for only 360 and PS3, GTA5 sold 11 million units.  So in 24hrs the first console port sold more than has been sold on Steam entirely.

I mean, I see this whole 'PCMR' thing all the time and I see PC Gamers who can't even comprehend how consoles are the real money maker but despite all efforts to deny that reality it will remain the reality.

30 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2017/11/07/gta-5-has-sold-in-85-million-copies

GTA5 has sold 85 million units.  There's no available breakdown of units with this number, however SteamSpy puts GTA5 units sold on Steam at about 8 million.  This doesn't count for EVERY PC unit though as there's a non-Steam PC release that wouldn't be counted here.  Even if we assume that the non-Steam version sold as many as Steam (And it sure as hell didn't) that'd be only 16million units vs 69 remaining units for 360, PS3, Xbox One and PS4.  So yeah, even with the most unreasonably high estimate for the PC, the consoles made all the real money.  The PC is more a side story.

On that note, it is critical to considder GTA Online.  The -real- cash cow is GTA Online rather than GTA5 itself, so the size of the playerbase on given platforms is important too since it's those 'Shark Cards' that basically print money for Rockstar today.

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/news/2013/10/confirmed-grand-theft-auto-breaks-six-sales-world-records-51900

Keep in mind, that in it's first 24hrs on sale for only 360 and PS3, GTA5 sold 11 million units.  So in 24hrs the first console port sold more than has been sold on Steam entirely.

I mean, I see this whole 'PCMR' thing all the time and I see PC Gamers who can't even comprehend how consoles are the real money maker but despite all efforts to deny that reality it will remain the reality.

There’s no way that Rockstar hasn’t heard the outcry for having RDR1 on PC. They would have made a third killing by porting it to PC. That’s a damn fact. Same would be for RDR2. They would be stupid to make such a business decision.

*Insert Name* R̶y̶z̶e̶n̶ Intel Build!  https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/748542-insert-name-r̶y̶z̶e̶n̶-intel-build/

Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS Z270X Gaming 5 CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K GPU: ASUS STRIX OC GTX 1080 RAM: Corsair Ballistix Sport LT 2400mhz Cooler: Enermax ETS-T40F-BK PSU: Corsair CX750M SSD: PNY CS1311 120GB HDD: Seagate Momentum 2.5" 7200RPM 500GB

1 minute ago, Brehohn said:

There’s no way that Rockstar hasn’t heard the outcry for having RDR1 on PC. They would have made a third killing by porting it to PC. That’s a damn fact. Same would be for RDR2. They would be stupid to make such a business decision.

I don't think they can hear it over the number of kids buying the shark cards, the money is clogging their ears, the greedy fucks. They'll just do the same wih what they did with GTA, give it another 2 years after intial release, few delays here and there and just ram it full of MTS. 

I think this is a pretty neat way to do that. Most people I know that bought Red Dead also owned GTA, so I don't see it as a money grab on their behalf or anything. Plus who cares. It's not like it's a God gun or something.

3 hours ago, Matu20 said:

Yay, DLC before release.

I don't really think it's DLC in the way the term DLC is usually used.

45 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

-snip-

Can confirm. I've bought 2 copies for console, though I'll still buy it on PC if it goes on sale during the Steam sales.

Don't you have to get GTA V to play GTA Online?

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

1 minute ago, dizmo said:

Don't you have to get GTA V to play GTA Online?

Oh yes, you do.  But what I meant is that an individual unit sale of GTAV, while obviously a money maker, doesn't make more money than GTA Online itself and the transactions it generates.  The huge success of GTA Online is what has put all development efforts into additional GTA Online content rather than GTA5 DLC or moving on production of a GTA5 successor.  

Take Two have released Rock Star games on PC around a half-year, to a year and a half after their console releases since GTA III. It's both an anti-piracy measure, getting people to buy it on the harder-to-pirate-on consoles before they have an opportunity to pirate it on PC, and a way to double-dip the sales, because when they release the PC version with better graphics, then a lot of the people who already bought it for a console will want to buy it a second time to play it with better graphics on the PC.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

2 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Oh yes, you do.  But what I meant is that an individual unit sale of GTAV, while obviously a money maker, doesn't make more money than GTA Online itself and the transactions it generates.  The huge success of GTA Online is what has put all development efforts into additional GTA Online content rather than GTA5 DLC or moving on production of a GTA5 successor.  

Ah gotcah! It's pretty insane what they make, but I don't think it eclipses the actual sales of the game itself.

85 million @ $40 per unit 3.4 billion (we'll say 4 billion because most will likely have sold for more).

Last quarter they did 418 million, a 34% improvement over the same period the least year.

So likely at best it's on par, but still, insane revenue numbers. Especially for a game like that. I don't even know what you'd be spending that kind of money on!

I'd almost say that GTA Online is the GTA 5 DLC. There's no real need for continued single player story. I'd imagine they still have teams working on GTA 6, after all if they can get 2 revenue streams going, the more the merrier. Plus GTA 5 will eventually die down, and it's a poor business decision to wait for that to begin development on something new.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

5 minutes ago, Delicieuxz said:

and a way to double-dip the sales, because when they release the PC version with better graphics, then a lot of the people who already bought it for a console will want to buy it a second time to play it with better graphics on the PC.

For this to theory to work, you'll have to explain the rational behind the vast majority of Rockstar PC ports prior to GTA5 being half-effort hack jobs that ran terribly.  GTA4 basically needed a contemporary quad core CPU get the performance up to 'Terrible'.  (It's LITERALLY been called 'The Worst PC Port Of All Time'.) Or how both GTA3 ran like a dog because the PC port rendered everything, in every direction, even thought he player camera wasn't seeing it causing huge problems.  GTA3 also had reflctions only in the Xbox console port at the the time, the PC port didn't offer them.  Granted even the PC ports of the original GTA 3 Trilogy on Steam arn't the ports from 'back in the day'.  Steam now has ports of a MOBILE port that was made later.  The definitive versions of the GTA3 Trillogy are, without a doubt, on classic Xbox rather than PC.

GTA5 is a great PC port for sure but to say Rockstar offered 'better' versions of their games prior, for the most part, is pretty delusional.

w/e rockstar lost me as a costumer after they decided to make Red Dead Redemption 2 a console exclusive again...

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

13 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

For this to theory to work, you'll have to explain the rational behind the vast majority of Rockstar PC ports prior to GTA5 being half-effort hack jobs that ran terribly.  GTA4 basically needed a contemporary quad core CPU get the performance up to 'Terrible'.  (It's LITERALLY been called 'The Worst PC Port Of All Time'.) Or how both GTA3 ran like a dog because the PC port rendered everything, in every direction, even thought he player camera wasn't seeing it causing huge problems.  GTA3 also had reflctions only in the Xbox console port at the the time, the PC port didn't offer them.  Granted even the PC ports of the original GTA 3 Trilogy on Steam arn't the ports from 'back in the day'.  Steam now has ports of a MOBILE port that was made later.  The definitive versions of the GTA3 Trillogy are, without a doubt, on classic Xbox rather than PC.

GTA5 is a great PC port for sure but to say Rockstar offered 'better' versions of their games prior, for the most part, is pretty delusional.

But I didn't say that. So, going on a tangent over something not said could be considered pretty delusional, no?

Selling Rock Star games on PC long after the console release has faded away is indeed a double-dipping strategy, even if in the days of GTA 3 the difference in release schedules was likely due to the PC release being an afterthought next to consoles, and for its anti-piracy effect.

The effort put into the PC version of GTA V have much better graphics shows that Take Two was wanting to sell the game to more people than just those who'd been holding out on playing the game until it hit PC.

3 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

w/e rockstar lost me as a costumer after they decided to make Red Dead Redemption 2 a console exclusive again...

Pretty much all their games have been console exclusive at their release dates since GTA 3. That doesn't mean they won't release later on PC. Off the top of my head, only Vice City stories, and Red Dead Redemption weren't released on PC. That was when the console gaming market was dominating the PC gaming market - and those days are over. RDR2 is for sure getting a PC release.

Not mentioning the PC release at the time of the console release is another part of Take Two's double-dipping strategy, because it gets people to not hold out for the PC release, but to buy the game now - and then maybe buy it again when it does finally release on PC, and with better graphics.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

10 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

It's LITERALLY been called 'The Worst PC Port Of All Time'

nah that's Saints Row 2

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

5 hours ago, Brehohn said:

I wish I could give your comment more than just an agree mark. This pisses me off. No one builds games on an Xbox One X or PS4 Pro. They're built on a PC (that approximates the hardware of a console) and ported to consoles. Why is it so fucking hard to make a good PC version at launch???

Good for Rockstar.  Still not buying any new 2K game anytime soon.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

9 hours ago, Brehohn said:

Don't Sony and Microsoft pay for exclusive agreements?

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

5 minutes ago, Raskolnikov said:

Don't Sony and Microsoft pay for exclusive agreements?

If they did then I'm definitely boycotting future Microsoft titles regardless of how good they are.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

12 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

If they did then I'm definitely boycotting future Microsoft titles regardless of how good they are.

It's pretty much standard operating procedure, and has been for a while. 

GTA 3 was supposed to be released on Xbox at launch but Sony intervened. GameCube was canned too, but due to disc size.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2002-sony-gets-grand-theft-auto-exclusive/1100-2866884/

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

11 hours ago, Matu20 said:

Yay, DLC before release.

It's hardly DLC if anyone can unlock it for free via your phone. Which most people today have one. Yes it is a bit odd that they'd choose for you to require your phone to do this but you don't have to pay to get it. 

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15